Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Defence in Drogheda/Bettystown area

• 16-04-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My sister is interested in join the Civil defence in a Casualty role, or possibly rescue (in SAR myself), just wondering what units are around that area. I found some info online about a Dunleer class in the firestation and I know there's a unit in Dundalk, but that's a bit of a drive to make after commuting into and out of dublin on the same day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Wowreally?

I don't know much about the boys in Louth but the nearest to Bettystown would be Duleek. The guys there are really friendly, worked with them a few times on joint duties.

Here's the number for the civil defence officer in meath:

046-9097214

He can be hard to get a hold of in the office sometimes so here's his email too:

mfitzsimon@meathcoco.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Thanks for the reply, maybe remove the phone number, don't wanna anyone abusing access to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Wowreally?

Xios wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, maybe remove the phone number, don't wanna anyone abusing access to it.

The number is freely available on Meath County Council and the national civil defence website so it's quite public if someone decides to abuse it so no need really :P

EDIT:

If you can't get a hold of him on the office number PM me and I'll give you his mobile number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Wowreally? wrote: »
    The number is freely available on Meath County Council and the national civil defence website so it's quite public if someone decides to abuse it so no need really :P

EDIT:

If you can't get a hold of him on the office number PM me and I'll give you his mobile number.

Cool thanks for the info.

Advertisement