Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good 18k near Dublin, not including Phoenix Park???

Options
  • 16-04-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Straight forward really. Do most of my training in the park but looking to get a long run in for the Wexford 1/2 this Friday, (Yes, a little late but circumstances dictated).

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good route?

All advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Clontarf Road Dart Station down to Sutton Cross is about 9km.
    So there and back along the coast?
    Not sure what part of Dublin you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Clontarf Road Dart Station down to Sutton Cross is about 9km.
    So there and back along the coast?
    Not sure what part of Dublin you're in?

Sounds good. I'm from Blanchardstown but living in Meath. Normally run in the park or along the Boyne ramparts. Both are good options bit could do with a change of scene.

I've walked along that route before so I know it a little on a charity head to head walk. Presume there's parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Sounds good. I'm from Blanchardstown but living in Meath. Normally run in the park or along the Boyne ramparts. Both are good options bit could do with a change of scene.

I've walked along that route before so I know it a little on a charity head to head walk. Presume there's parking?

There's a car park right outside the Dart station. If that was full, there's a couple further down along the promenade about 5-10mins walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Sorry to hijack but how long can you run for along the Boyne ramparts? Is it runnable say from Navan to the bridge in Stackallen?

In Dublin you could try running along the canal from Laurel lodge near Blanch village to Phibbsboro, then along the north circular to Clontarf and along the cost road as far as you need to?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

I've two change of scene runs away from the park - Royal Canal from Clonsilla station to Leixlip - 14k - flat and deserted apart from a few people fishing or St Catherine's Park (near Lucan), plenty of flatish, with two good inclines if you want that, good parking, toilets etc. After 10k probably redoing parts of it. Can send the Garmin/Strava links from either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

Sorry to hijack but how long can you run for along the Boyne ramparts? Is it runnable say from Navan to the bridge in Stackallen?

Yes, Navan to Stackallen is the route I take. Measures 12k there & back on my Garmin, although the literature says 16k. I would advise to run it during decent weather as it can cut up quite badly.

Many thanks for the suggestions - I'll prob use them all at some stage as I'm signed up for NY marathon. I hope to vary my training as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Shuttle666 wrote: »
    I've two change of scene runs away from the park - Royal Canal from Clonsilla station to Leixlip - 14k - flat and deserted apart from a few people fishing or St Catherine's Park (near Lucan), plenty of flatish, with two good inclines if you want that, good parking, toilets etc. After 10k probably redoing parts of it. Can send the Garmin/Strava links from either

Could you put up a gramin or Strava link when you get a chance, or PM if you prefer that. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Advertisement