Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered a 3Mb uncongested product online, does it actually exist?

Options
  • 16-04-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder could you clarify something for me. I have recently considered going back to eircom having moved to another provider previously due to the lack of action about evening/weekend congestion. When I get through to the product available to me on the eircom site it is a 3Mb product but it says it is uncongested. It says this:

"Uncongested broadband providing fantastic download speed & upload speeds

We say "up to" because the broadband speeds your line can receive may vary - this can depend on factors such as how far you are from your local exchange. With our uncongested Broadband you will not share your broadband connection with other internet users in your area - even at peak hours of the day! This ensures you will always receive the fastest speed your line can support and delivers a consistent online experience for you.

UPTO
    3Mb DOWNLOAD SPEED"

Is this correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Depends on your distance to the exchange, closer = higher speed. Wouldn't pay heed to the uncongested nonsense, I have Eircom NGB uncongested and been having problems since September as have many users

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Any chance of an official response to this please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Zith wrote: »
    Hi,

I wonder could you clarify something for me. I have recently considered going back to eircom having moved to another provider previously due to the lack of action about evening/weekend congestion. When I get through to the product available to me on the eircom site it is a 3Mb product but it says it is uncongested. It says this:

"Uncongested broadband providing fantastic download speed & upload speeds

We say "up to" because the broadband speeds your line can receive may vary - this can depend on factors such as how far you are from your local exchange. With our uncongested Broadband you will not share your broadband connection with other internet users in your area - even at peak hours of the day! This ensures you will always receive the fastest speed your line can support and delivers a consistent online experience for you.

UPTO
    3Mb DOWNLOAD SPEED"

Is this correct?

Thanks
    Hi Zith

If you would like to PM me your landline number I would be happy to look in to this and pre-qualify your line to offer an indication of what speeds to expect.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Zith wrote: »
    PM sent
    Hi Zith

PM sent in reply

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement