Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aidan O Sheas Comments

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

km79 wrote: »
    Brolly laughing about a dangerous hit on a player whilst nearly crying when Sean Cavanagh pulled a lad down last year !
    Of course it was a Derry player so.........
    O Shea was spot on. Same tired ****e out of them week in week out.
    The only one who offers anything in the way of tactical analysis is Mcstay.
    Can't wait to watch on sky.
    I'll leave the lads who are stuck in the past on rte .......
    There was an excellent piece of analysis with video done by McStay on Kerrys passing against Cork last year (tis on youtube).
    Little point that people would not be so aware of about the ball out ahead bouncing in space was more advantageous than ball hit direct at the forward where the defender can get pressure on easily as the forward collects.
    That is proper analysis, relevant and impactful to the game in question, educational in some ways and examples shown.
    The other thing it did was highlight the skill of accurate passing. Too much of the praise is focussed purely on spectacular scores. There's a handful of people in the country capable of that with any consistency ... crazy when you say it like that, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

There are too many ex mayo players on TV and radio, - Brady, mcstay, carney, Mchale and Maughan and not an all Ireland senior inter county medal between them! At least brolly has an all Ireland medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Dublin play most of no all their games away in Croke Park. It is the home of GAA and not Dublin's exclusively. Parnell Park is Dublin's home ground. It's like saying when two top fllite clubs from any major European city play their City rivals in their rivals ground "sure the might as well be at home". Just Saying.

Why have Dublin fans exclusive possession of Hill 16 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shady Tady wrote: »
    There are too many ex mayo players on TV and radio, - Brady, mcstay, carney, Mchale and Maughan and not an all Ireland senior inter county medal between them! At least brolly has an all Ireland medal

Mcstay and McHale have a club all ireland management medal.
    There are too many ex players full stop! Managers bring a different kind of insight. And I'm not talking about secondary school managers like O Rourke!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So since Jose Mourhino wasn't a successful footballer then he lacks the ability of been a manager.....

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    They don't was 100's of Mayo fans there last year in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

They don't but choose to believe they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

yop wrote: »
    So since Jose Mourhino wasn't a successful footballer then he lacks the ability of been a manager.....

They don't was 100's of Mayo fans there last year in the final.
    Would love to see some of the coaches on a panel. The guys who setup training plans, game tactics and work with individual players.
    Needs a stato guy as well. Someone who is more anorak than player. The Hunger Game should retitle Sunday Game. Must be exasperating to be questioned on your hunger and intensity levels as an inter county player

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Would love to see some of the coaches on a panel. The guys who setup training plans, game tactics and work with individual players.
    Needs a stato guy as well. Someone who is more anorak than player. The Hunger Game should retitle Sunday Game. Must be exasperating to be questioned on your hunger and intensity levels as an inter county player

Sounds like a good idea that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

We don't. Hill 16 tickets are available for anyone to buy. When it comes to big games like the AI final or semi final, our opponents county board is allocated the very same number of Hill tickets, as the DCB is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

In your persecuted mind they do...................................Mayo had more fans on the Hill and Nally Terrace in last years final......................anybody is entitled to buy a ticket and rightly so...................its the muldoon siege mentality yet again

Like a previous poster enlightened us to, too many ex mayo lads spouting nonsense on the airwaves and now their own players are at it........................when tommy lyons (another mayo man) managed dublin he had the lads giving interviews left right and centre, dublin were called cocky etc, however under lyons it was part of being a player play the darling to the media......................... thank god for men like gilroy and gavin who put an end to this ****e and now we have lads who just play ball and get on with it, none of this whinging about curses and omens and getting to wash your ball bag in your favourite dressing room in croker after every game

In your persecuted mind they do...................................Mayo had more fans on the Hill and Nally Terrace in last years final......................anybody is entitled to buy a ticket and rightly so...................its the muldoon siege mentality yet again

Like a previous poster enlightened us to, too many ex mayo lads spouting nonsense on the airwaves and now their own players are at it........................when tommy lyons (another mayo man) managed dublin he had the lads giving interviews left right and centre, dublin were called cocky etc, however under lyons it was part of being a player play the darling to the media......................... thank god for men like gilroy and gavin who put an end to this ****e and now we have lads who just play ball and get on with it, none of this whinging about curses and omens and getting to wash your ball bag in your favourite dressing room in croker after every game
    When have you ever heard a Mayo footballer whinging about curses and omens? Are you actually claiming that the players have used this as an excuse for losing finals? Mayo have lost finals because they haven't been good enough to win one. Also what is this nonsense you speak of that a Mayo player has been 'spouting' about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

You don't need an AL senior medal to be a good analyst. Brolly having a medal doesn't make him any bit more qualified to express his views than any of those you name from Mayo

Plenty of ex- Dub footballers on tv now also without an All- Ireland medal, Ciarain Whelan and Senan Connell to name a few.

Muldoon mentality...... enlighten us on this.

So pillar, gilroyand the current manager don't allow players partake in interviews etc.......

Your last statement sums it up really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

lol, another classic. Tell me this much, who do you think Tommy Lyons was supporting in the All Ireland Final last year? Do you think he considers himself a Mayo man? You must be really sick of Kevin McStay and the likes giving out about the Mayo curse week in week out and how it's stopped them from winning the All Ireland.

Maybe I'm just a bitter Mayo muck savage but I really think you should evaluate your grasp of the English language before you attempt arguments like the above.

• Advertisement

Here's a novel idea. How about we get back to what this thread was supposed to be about....the structure of the GAA and what Aidan O'Shea thinks need to be changed or tweaked. Does it really need to descend into yet another Dublin/Mayo pissing contest? :rolleyes:

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea. How about we get back to what this thread was supposed to be about....the structure of the GAA and what Aidan O'Shea thinks need to be changed or tweaked. Does it really need to descend into yet another Dublin/Mayo pissing contest? :rolleyes:

Yes, I hate Dubs, don't back off the completely relevant topic that is here, the complete hatred of Dubs for Mayo and vice versa.
    Everyone hates the Dubs, don't be so proud.

.... what was the topic?? ah yes, I bored of it already. If we are going to have 20+ pages of "discussion" every time a player opens his mouth then this forum is going into a downward spiral.

Yes, I hate Dubs, don't back off the completely relevant topic that is here, the complete hatred of Dubs for Mayo and vice versa.
    Everyone hates the Dubs, don't be so proud.

.... what was the topic?? ah yes, I bored of it already. If we are going to have 20+ pages of "discussion" every time a player opens his mouth then this forum is going into a downward spiral.

Dublin will wipe the floor with any opposition they meet this year, it's a sad fact, unless the meet mayo in a semi final and then mayo go on to lose the final to Leitrim

Dublin will wipe the floor with any opposition they meet this year, it's a sad fact, unless the meet mayo in a semi final and then mayo go on to lose the final to Leitrim

See thats why I hate Dublin or is that I hate Leitrim more. Mayo will win the AI, in both hurling and football and Aidan O'Shea will reach for the Sky (boom boom) and captain both teams.

Put that in your pipe.

Ah, don't be like that. If you play nice, we'll even let you have your picture taken with one of our bright, shiny trophies, the next time you come up to Croke Park. We're not fussy about which one you choose. There are more than enough to go around. :D

Someone will probably have to be on hand to sedate BB with a horse tranquilizer gun at the mere prospect. But in the interest of good diplomatic relations between our two glorious nations, it's probably the most diplomatic thing to do. ;)

BlctvfSIEAATo3s_zps8e02f2a8.jpg

(Credit to @Hill16Army for the pic. )

• Advertisement

Ah, don't be like that. If you play nice, we'll even let you have your picture taken with one of our bright, shiny trophies, the next time you come to Croke Park. We're not fussy about which one you choose. There are more than enough to go around. :D

Someone will probably have to be on hand to sedate BB with a horse tranquilizer gun at the mere prospect. But in the interest of good diplomatic relations between our two glorious nations, it's probably the diplomatic thing to do. ;)

As long as ye don't take there women as well!

Ah, don't be like that. If you play nice, we'll even let you have your picture taken with one of our bright, shiny trophies, the next time you come to Croke Park. We're not fussy about which one you choose. There are more than enough to go around. :D

Someone will probably have to be on hand to sedate BB with a horse tranquilizer gun at the mere prospect. But in the interest of good diplomatic relations between our two glorious nations, it's probably the diplomatic thing to do. ;)

And did someone say ye boys were cocky.... that pic says it all... I mean ye slag Galvin for his man bags, look at that cock of the East and his shiny man bags and he has 2 and a fricking garden flower pot!
    Ye boys give cocky a bad name, fricking West brits, ye boys will fit in well with Sky....

I'm off now to watch a rerun of our ladies total domination of the champions back in the 90's and 2000'szzzz, come back to us when ye have won 5 in a row.

Up Mayo. Dublin for mustard.

As long as ye don't take there women as well!

That's pretty funny considering that BB's granny was a Mayo woman from Foxford. :D
    And did someone say ye boys were cocky.... that pic says it all... I mean ye slag Galvin for his man bags, look at that cock of the East and his shiny man bags and he has 2 and a fricking garden flower pot!
    Ye boys give cocky a bad name, fricking West brits, ye boys will fit in well with Sky....

How very dare you Sir. That so called "flower pot" is the Sam Maguire Cup. If you were from anywhere else but Mayo, I'd take deep offense at that scurrilous remark. I would call you out Sir, pistols at dawn kinda stuff..... But shure, what would a Mayo man know about what Sam looks like? So you are officially forgiven. :D

That's pretty funny considering that BB's granny was a Mayo woman from Foxford. :D

That's why he misses the odd score!

And Cluxtons granny lives in Westport I think.

See, you Dubs owe it all to Mayo.

That's why he misses the odd score!

Ya ya, your sista never misses :D:p

How dare you sir. That so called "flower pot" is the Sam Maguire Cup. If you were from anywhere else, I'd take deep offense at that scurrilous remark. I would call you out, pistols at dawn kinda stuff. But shure, what would a Mayo man know about what Sam looks like.
    Listen I know well what she looks like, she had 2 pots bigger than anything Barry Broghands as his man bags. We know u are into boys, so I can see why u wouldn't know any thing about her.

Mayo 2 - Dublin no score.

And Cluxtons granny lives in Westport I think.

See, you Dubs owe it all to Mayo.

Christ, don't tell that to the Kerry lads. They never stop banging on about BB's Ma being from Listowel. They would lose their marbles completely if they had to share credit for the Brogan DNA with any other county. Talk about a civil war ! :eek:

Christ, don't tell that to the Kerry lads. They never stop banging on about his Ma being from Listowel. They would lose their marbles completely if they had to share credit for the Brogan DNA with any other county. Talk about a civil war ! :eek:

And don't tell McHugh or Joe Trolley. I would be chaos!

I'm off to bed, I have work tomorrow, I know that would be foreign to ye Dub city boys, all yer lives on the da social and in da bookies and that.

Hate ye more in the morning ;)

Mayo for Sam

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Studying physical education at DIT. Whats your point
    Completely wrong there, good job ;)

• Advertisement

Listen I know well what she looks like, she had 2 pots bigger than anything Barry Broghands as his man bags. We know u are into boys, so I can see why u wouldn't know any thing about her.

And what would any of that mean, in actual English old sport? Ya know, the lingo we normal people here in the The Pale speak. :confused:

pajero12 wrote: »
    Completely wrong there, good job ;)

Ah don't tell him, that was about a year ago at this stage, let him believe that, since its his point ;)

And what would any of that mean, in actual English old sport? Ya know, the lingo we normal people here in the The Pale speak.

At this stage I don't even know what I was on about ;)

Sam-0408.jpg

And don't tell McHugh or Joe Trolley. I would be chaos!

I'm off to bed, I have work tomorrow, I know that would be foreign to ye Dub city boys, all yer lives on the da social and in da bookies and that.

Hate ye more in the morning ;)

Mayo for Sam

Ah it's not really work though, is it? From what I read in Irelands Eye, the sheep start to actually enjoy it after a while. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Ah don't tell him, that was about a year ago at this stage, let him believe that, since its his point ;)

Fair enough, considering some of his other posts i dont know would i like to see his 'degree' :D

Ah it's not really work though, is it? From what I read in Irelands Eye, the sheep start to actually enjoy it after a while. :D
    Well thats why we have so many Dubs with holiday homes down here, the sheep are purring with the service :P

Its worse than work, 2 screaming kids!!!
    pajero12 wrote: »
    Fair enough, considering some of his other posts i dont know would i like to see his 'degree' :D

Ah no one heeds his posts anymore in the GAA forum. ;)

Good night chaps, its been a pleasure.

Well thats why we have so many Dubs with holiday homes down here, the sheep are purring with the service :P

Yes, indeed old sport. You'd know aaaaaalllllll about that I suppose. :D

Am loving the Aidan O'Shea fringe by the way. It really, really suits you.

lincoln-sheep_zpsa0e4db84.gif

Yes, indeed old sport. You'd know aaaaaalllllll about that I suppose. :D

Am loving the Aidan O'Shea fringe by the way. It really, really suits you.

lincoln-sheep_zpsa0e4db84.gif

Now now, thats a low blow. And that could be on your table tomorrow for the dinner. tut tut. Save the sheep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Now Billy Keane is at the old Croke Park is Dublin's home ground line."Facts can be dreadfully inconvenient" it begins. Ironically true, as Parnell Park, not Croke Park is Dublin's home, as people have said. Yes, Croke Park is in Dublin. My next door neighbour's home is in Dublin, but it's not my home. I am sure Billy Keane's next door neighbour's house isn't his home, even though it is in Kerry.

Dublin beat Cork last weekend, one of the reasons for Billy's rant. Funnily enough, when Cork beat Dublin in the league a few weeks back, there were no complaints about Dublin playing at "home". When they have lost the very many other games they've lost in Croke Park, there were no complaints. In fact, those results seem forgotten. Kerry have had more success in winning All-Irelands in Croke Park than Dublin have. Maybe Kerry should be stopped from playing in Croke Park. There were no complaints by Billy Keane when Kerry humiliated Dublin in the 2009 quarter final, or when Dublin were hammered there in 2008 by Tyrone. It is only a problem when Dublin win.

Facts can be dreadfully inconvenient, but the fact is Dublin have been knocked out of the championship far more times than they've won it and nearly every time they are knocked out, it is in Croke Park. Ability, not venue, wins Dublin their matches. Equally, when other teams are better than Dublin, they beat them. If the other teams are good enough they'll beat them in Croke Park, in their home in Parnell Park, or anywhere else they play them, and very frequently they do. Too frequently, it is just not fair. Maybe when Dublin play in Croke Park they should be given a 10 point head start. Silly idea? Yes, but a bit like Billy's and all the others that come up with that tired old line.

Croke Park is not Dublin's home ground and if you look at results, playing there has no advantage to them. 2 All-Irelands in 3 years you'll say. 3 All-Irelands in 30 years, I'll reply. How many did Kerry win in that period? As Billy says, and I'll say it again... "Facts can be dreadfully inconvenient".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

They don't!!!!'

Advertisement