Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulrich boiler ends pump replaced? Part?

Options
  • 16-04-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have an ulrich boiler in house and the pump needs replaced. Modes anyone know where parts can be gotten for this boiler brand?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

miss_daisy wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have an ulrich boiler in house and the pump needs replaced. Modes anyone know where parts can be gotten for this boiler brand?

Thanks in advance

Are you in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

shane 007 wrote: »
    Are you in Kilkenny?

Yes, I am actually?? Whys that?

Yes, I am actually?? Whys that?

Cos those boilers are a piece of crap installed horrendously with the worst restrictive pipework I've come across.
    UFH ground floor feeding cylinder on 3rd floor with rads on top 2 floors.
    Crimp fittings all in 20mm.
    Russian boiler imported via Poland that the person who imported them bought a couple of extra boilers to salvage as so called parts.
    Am I correct?

And you are just off the Kells Road.... :)

Ha! Yes we're just off the kells road, and I had heard they were imported from Poland alright.
    Didn't know that the importer just bought a few extra to salvage as parts.
    So are u saying parts are not available anywhere?? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭jimf

feckin related to keith barry or what ;)

First off, they are not new parts that are available as they are stripped off old "new" boilers.
    Secondly, the supplier will not supply parts as he wants to have the call out charge from Wexford to Kilkenny to fix them himself. The supplier is the original installer.
    I changed one of those boilers for an overseas client recently so I might be able to get hold of a pump from the old one. He kept the boiler via his brother here.
    Be prepared for hardship with the boiler as parts eventually fail. Most RGI's around won't work on them.
    The wiring of them & the installation controls are also pretty bad. I ended up part re-wiring that one also.

First off, they are not new parts that are available as they are stripped off old "new" boilers.
    Secondly, the supplier will not supply parts as he wants to have the call out charge from Wexford to Kilkenny to fix them himself. The supplier is the original installer.
    I changed one of those boilers for an overseas client recently so I might be able to get hold of a pump from the old one. He kept the boiler via his brother here.
    Be prepared for hardship with the boiler as parts eventually fail. Most RGI's around won't work on them.
    The wiring of them & the installation controls are also pretty bad. I ended up part re-wiring that one also.

Ok, im with you. I don't really want To change the boiler as it's just a house im renting out- would you check if the guy has a pump in his old boiler for me?

Ok, im with you. I don't really want To change the boiler as it's just a house im renting out- would you check if the guy has a pump in his old boiler for me?

Yes but you will still need an RGI to fit it. You will also have to go through your landlord as it is their boiler & their responsibility. I will email him as he is in Oz. Not sure of its condition as that boiler was destroyed with limescale.

The main local service contractor for Bord Gais also lives in your estate & he refuses to work on them. He dumped his on day 1!

Also many RGI's, including myself, will not fit 2nd hand parts to gas boilers.

• Advertisement

I'd appreciate you doing that for me. I am the landlord, just the tenants contacted me about th boiler and I had the plumber that usually works on it to look at it . He came back to me and said it needs a new pump but getting the part could be am issue, hence my thread.

I'd appreciate you doing that for me. I am the landlord, just the tenants contacted me about th boiler and I had the plumber that usually works on it to look at it . He came back to me and said it needs a new pump but getting the part could be am issue, hence my thread.

Ok. Is your plumber an RGI?

I think so ye, he has a business in kilkenny and has workd on it many times. He says he doesn't mind putting in second hand part if we can source one. He's going to check with his suppliers to buy isn't too hopeful.

I'll bang off an email to him. Hopefully it's not scrapped as the heat exchanger's in them are copper.

Thanks a lot keep me posted if you can..

Thanks a lot keep me posted if you can..

Any joy for me shane007?

Any joy for me shane007?

I just got a reply saying he needs to check with his brother.

that's grand, hopefully now something will come of it. itd be great! wonder how much id be looking at if I needed to replace the boiler altogether ?

that's grand, hopefully now something will come of it. itd be great! wonder how much id be looking at if I needed to replace the boiler altogether ?

As soon as he gets back to me, I'll let you know. I can pass his brother's details to you if it's available so you can deal directly with him.
    Regarding boiler replacement, you have a very restrictive system. The boiler is on ground floor, piped directly to 3rd floor to cylinder, then back to each floor to serve 2 floors of rads & finally back to ground floor to serve UFH.
    20mm crimp fittings as main flow & return which is akin to 1/2" pipework because of the restrictions in the fittings.
    Wiring is a mess also. They were wired by the same original installer. Everything is crammed into a 3" x 3" Obo box in the hot press!
    You will definitely need a mechanical & chemical powerflush before any changeover.
    You will also need a boiler that you can force high speed non-modulation in the pump.

PM me the name of your plumber

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Shane, think these one of them still in Mountrath with a good pump, have a look on Tuesday.

Advertisement