Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert mocks improvement?

Options
  • 17-04-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was really disappointed with my mock results
    D-maths D-irish D-english D-religion C-science C-geo C-art C-cspe (yes i know :-[ ) B-history B-business A-french

To be totally honest i haven't studied since the mocks but I am now really determined (6 weeks and 5 days before the exam) to get good results
    Aim. :
    Maths- B french- A irish- C English- B history-A religion- C business- A geography-B cspe - A art - C

Are these grades honestly achievable if I work really hard for the next 6 weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

To be honest, the Junior Cert is structured for students to do well in. At this stage, most teachers will have finished their courses, and so will have began revision. If you pay attention in class to what is being revised in X subject, go home and do exam questions in that subject, then you should have no problem with the Junior Cert. Talk to your teacher about anything in particular that you are finding difficult and sort it out with them. Best of luck with your exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 orlanda

I definitely reckon you can achieve those grades, how many hours a day revision are you trying to do in the easter break ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Apple in disguise

orlanda wrote: »
    I definitely reckon you can achieve those grades, how many hours a day revision are you trying to do in the easter break ?

9-10 hours

Since Monday I've been doing 7-10 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

9-10 hours

Aw Jesus you honestly don't need to do that much you'll burn yourself out! You could do 5 hours with breaks every 30 mins (supposed to be effective) or 7 if you want to but don't be stressing yourself out!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

9-10 hours

Please do short bursts of study with breaks in between. Your brain needs rest to absorb information.

You're certainly dedicated so I say you will absolutely reach your goals in term of grades.

9-10hrs per day is quite a lot and you'll rob your body of energy.

Best of luck to you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

There is absolutely no need to be doing that much study. The chances of studying for that long and being effective aren't very high. If you do feel it is effective you should be getting all As with that amount of work. I would honestly say to do 3 maybe 4 hours a day and take at least a break every hour and also to take one day off and just relax or you really will burn out. Last year I did 2 hours study each day after Easter ( maybe a bit less if I had much homework ) and went from 1D 3Bs and the rest Cs to 4Bs and 7As. It is definitely achievable to get what you want if you study effectively and wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

In my mocks I got 2 A's, 1 B, and 8 C's.
    In my actual JC I got 3 A's ,4 B's and 4 C's.
    I remember I started studying really hard around mid-May.
    I think that proves that you can improve.
    Honestly, I reckon I could have done a lot better if I studied earlier because I felt those results didn't do justice to my capabilities.
    I was happy with my results though.
    Think about it, full effort for two months and then it's all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Disorganised Disaster

If you are willing to put the work in those results are definitely achievable! The majority of people's results improve significantly from their pres to the junior cert... Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 needhelpquick

It All Depends If you Put the work in and Study Effectively.

Advertisement