Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nene starts for the Wizards tonight against the Bulls

Wizards: Ariza, Nene, Gortat, Beal, Wall

Bulls: Dunleavy, Boozer, Noah, Butler, Hinrich.

I hope Jimmy Butler is ready to play 48 minutes tonight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fair dues to the Bobcats, kept it close until the 4th, Miami in another gear now

Yup, shame the Bobcats weren't another point or two better off tonight though :(

Anyway, c'mon Wizards, make a series out of this!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Anyway, c'mon Wizards, make a series out of this!

240.gif

Offense looks very meh, hopefully Augustin can get it going a bit.

• Advertisement

Let them play refs FFS.

That was such an obvious charge :pac:

Feels like the Wizard's dominated the vast majority of that half, yet the Bulls lead 54-48. Wizard's shooting 57% from the FT line which is killing them.

Nice job from Thibs at the start of the half. Drew up a play for Dunleavy who sinks it and has gone 3-3 since after going 0-5 in the first.

Beal is hitting nothing.

The pace was frantic there. Suits Wizards down to the ground.

• Advertisement

Ariza with the LeBron travel there. Must have taken five steps :pac:

Pretty play from Noah that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Dunno whats going on with the refs in this game, calling it tight for a stretch and then nothing.

Am I being biased or are the Bulls getting a rough ride on the calls from these refs?

Dunleavy missing clean looks all game. Bulls cannot put them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

kmart6 wrote: »
    Aww how cute trying to be condescending.
    Don't be the one accusing me of being fickle without being able to back it up.

Scrappy game now.

Gortat with the push in the back every time he goes to grab a rebound, hasn't been called for it yet once.

Ol man Miller has provided a lift off the bench.

Ol man Miller has provided a lift off the bench.

He's abusing Augustin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What has Jimmer done that Thibs refuses to put him in the rotation?

Big 3 minutes here. Notch up the W Wizards (or cover the spread at least!).

Bulls gonna blow this one looks like.

Nene has been an absolute stud all night. 24-7-3 doesn't even tell the half of it.

And one or two here tried to play down his impact on this team just to play down Wall :D

Superb defense from Washington, they're up 6 with 34 seconds remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Didn't see this one coming!

That's it now, our season is over. :(

In all seriousness, I'm not surprised at all with that result. I can't believe so many people are calling it a big upset and such.

As I've said a lot on here it's a terrible matchup for us. Our offense (no great shock) and defense (haven't said that many times over the last few years) were poor, we were out-rebounded, and only terrible FT shooting from the Wizards kept it close. DJ going 3-15 is what killed us. We really depend on him coming off the bench to produce more than that.

Nene was excellent as I feared but he shot 64% from the field tonight when he's usually a 48% shooter. You'd have to expect that to regress and I'm confident Thibs can come up with something to limit his effectiveness ahead of the next game though.

Very much game on for Tuesday in what will be an interesting series.

Wall has been very vocal during huddles all night I've noticed. Doesn't look like a 23 year old playing in his first Playoff game at all. Impressive.

Paully D wrote: »
    That's it now, our season is over. :(

In all seriousness, I'm not surprised at all with that result. I can't believe so many people are calling it a big upset and such.

As I've said a lot on here it's a terrible matchup for us. Our offense (no great shock) and defense (haven't said that many times over the last few years) were poor, we were out-rebounded, and only terrible FT shooting from the Wizards kept it close. DJ going 3-15 is what killed us. We really depend on him coming off the bench to produce more than that.

Nene was excellent as I feared but he shot 64% from the field tonight when he's usually a 48% shooter. You'd have to expect that to regress and I'm confident Thibs can come up with something to limit his effectiveness ahead of the next game though.

Very much game on for Tuesday in what will be an interesting series.

Dude, it's Game 1. It's far from over. As I said earlier, I still fancy ye to steal one in Washington. Just have to make sure you win the next game! Get rid of that Sunderland pessimism :pac:

• Advertisement

Dude, it's Game 1. It's far from over. As I said earlier, I still fancy ye to steal one in Washington. Just have to make sure you win the next game!

That was sarcasm after the Pacers posts last night mate :pac:

Advertisement