Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

HOLY **** KD. This isn't real life.

GOATKINS ties the game, going to OT!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jesus Christ. I'm speechless. What an amazing finish to the 4th. Perkins on the buzzer beater says it all :pac:

I don't think I drew a breath for the last 30 seconds. Am I dead?

I woke up from my dream of being on the island from LOST and thinking I saw Grizzlies - OKC in a playoff classic and the series is level at 1-1 after tonight. Oh, it's real you say? Good.

On a serious note, Warriors being stomped on by the Clippers, proper beatdown. Series is 1-1 there too (saying this early in the 3Q). I just want to know if Mark Jackson is going to thank God for this ass kicking post-game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Warriors on the end of a serious beat down. If they lose game 3 at home (and I suspect they will) I expect a full capitulation from that point on. :(

Grizz do what they do. Great win from them. They have the potential to cause a major upset here if they continue to play like that. This will take all of KD's Goatkins greatness to get them out of this hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Wow, just watched the 4th quarter an overtime this morning, unbelievable win for the Grizzlies. Had to win it twice, had it won in regulation, then this crazy ****

Fantastic character and execution to win it in overtime after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Dear Memphis Grizzlies,

Sorry I ever doubted you. Also apologies that I thought you wouldn't win a game in this series. I was wrong and stupid.

D2D

Oh and the Clippers won by 40.............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I missed a Perkins buzzer beater? ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Looked a fairly weak foul call on Gasol. More KD just running out of room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

This first round has thrown up some great matchups.

Atlanta have the best offense in the East versus Indiana.
    Washington are a tough matchup for Chicago.
    OKC really struggle to deal with grit'n'grind.
    Raptors-nets and rockets-blazers are closely matched too.

Normally the first round is a formality for the most part, but this year that has been reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BQQ wrote: »

Normally the first round is a formality for the most part, but this year that has been reversed.

Yeah it's a strange one alright, but great to see from a neutral's point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pop named coach of the year. Well deserved, thats 2/2 award predictions right for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

BQQ wrote: »

They have got to cut down the number of games during the regular season. (admittingly, I LOVE being able to watch a game almost every night from November to April)

These games have been excellent, even the eventual trashing of Bobcats was good game.

The playoffs have been very good so far. Giving up any notions of betting on them, though had an optimistic fiver on Memphis last night and 6 on JeAndre Jordan to score 10.5+, but messed it up by thinking Warriors 8+ (knowing full well that Griffin would not allow the previous night to happen again, but feck me, Griffin was a beast, Jordan too, defensively)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

padraig_f wrote: »
    Wow, just watched the 4th quarter an overtime this morning, unbelievable win for the Grizzlies. Had to win it twice, had it won in regulation, then this crazy ****

Fantastic character and execution to win it in overtime after that.

Russell Westbrook scored a similar crazy 3 point match winning shot, in that very same corner, within the last 2 months. I did not think that that could be beaten. And now KD does it with Gasol marking him. Sweet mother of Jesus. And despite that, they still lost.

Let us remember, KD was on the verge of having a stinker , 8 points in the first half (credit to Memphis) and then boom

I love the camera closing in on the Memphis chap who had a stunning third quarter. You gotta be close to crying at that point. Your team learns from its mistake, absolutely silences the home team for much of the game, you play a cracking game, and you still can't kill them off. Credit to Memphis (we can't be shocked , as they have been in savage form since Gasol came back),

I don't really think, considering it being the playoffs (got give slack to silly mistakes and turnovers) neither team deserved to loose.

I was doozing off at that point, still watching repeats of the fourth - ot , about three times this morning. Unbelievable Jeff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Looking forward to raptors - nets part 2 tonight, cant understand how raptors are 1/2 with bookies though, but i guess they cant be as bad as they were on sat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

that westbrook dunk that the ref called up - perfect screen by perkins - would have been one the great dunks this year!! ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I don't think I drew a breath for the last 30 seconds. Am I dead?

You had me laughing at some of the Tweets last night during the Thunder game. Nice bets btw. Got on that Thunder bet you mentioned at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

Sorry, Clippers bet I should say above.

The Answer wrote: »
    You had me laughing at some of the Tweets last night during the Thunder game. Nice bets btw. Got on that Thunder bet you mentioned at half time.
    The Answer wrote: »
    Sorry, Clippers bet I should say above.

Cheers. Crossed the 1K profit mark in for the Game 1's, so I was chuffed last night. Now to double that :)

Oh, and humour keeps sane me during the basketball half the time. Bad energy = bad bets!

• Advertisement

I missed a Perkins buzzer beater? ****

You missed the explosion on ISH then I take it once KD made that shot and GOATkins tipping it in to force OT, worth a read in your own time :D

You missed the explosion on ISH then I take it once KD made that shot and GOATkins tipping it in to force OT, worth a read in your own time :D

I'll have to prepare myself to read a lot of ****e. Since the Playoffs started, that forum has gone crazier than usual!

good links to watch tonights games? none on bt sports :(

Korrayls wrote: »
    good links to watch tonights games? none on bt sports :(

Are Sky Sports back home not taking up the Playoff coverage this year?

PM'ed you a stream link.

no nothing so far on sky sports - so far its been bt on their own - few games are scheduled on espn, not sure about sky
    cheers for the link thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Are Sky Sports back home not taking up the Playoff coverage this year?

PM'ed you a stream link.

BT Sport have all the NBA now but they've nothing scheduled for tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Anyone who posts a stream will be given a ban immediately, just warning ye!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Game 2

Pacers must square up the series tonight. This has to be a win tonight, Hibbert needs to leave his vagina at home.

• Advertisement

He'll still be shook over big bad Korver.

Advertisement