Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'll be honest, I forgot Heat/Bobcats was on now.......

Heat up by 14 and the commentators are saying it's unlikely that Jefferson will be able to play much more, he went to the locker room near the end of the first, but the commentators are saying he wants to come back after getting his foot re-taped. Either way he'll be playing through horrendous pain and his effectiveness will be very limited.

I know it's early but this one is done.

Very disappointed for Jefferson and the Bobcats. He's only played 11 playoff games in his career and you can see how much he wants to be out there. With him, the Bobcats had a chance of taking a game or two. Without him, they've got absolutely no chance of taking more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

buyer95 wrote: »
    Reports coming out of Indiana saying that Vogel is effectively "coaching for his job" at the moment. On the iPod touch atm so can't post the link.Crazy in my opinon. He has led Indiana to its best season in years (ever? the Knicks would happily take him! Let Phil look after the offense, Vogel do the coaching, specifically defense and nothing could stop the Knicks! A man can dream.
    Hardly that ridiculous a notion. He has been given one of the most talented rosters in the league and apparently had no answer for its slide over the last few months. An exit by say the semis will spell the end of Vogel's reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jefferson is such a beast, getting a double-double injured, so far 12 pts, 10 boards. Miami leading the Bobcats 76-67

Mavs leading the Spurs 36-32, Monta leading the Mavs with 8 so far

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gutsy performance from the Bobcats, they look like they'll come up just short here.

Dwight looking like Orlando Dwight early doors!

Bl8-cyiCMAAIRO8.png:large

The miss was damn close to going in for And 1.

• Advertisement

Dallas will tie the series up. No joke, the worst basketball I've seen from the Spurs this season. 20+ turnovers for them with a handful of minutes remaining.

While Dwight has cooled off and Harden is trying to shoot his team out of winning this game, Aldridge continues where he left off in Game 1. 39 points at the end of the 3Q on 16 - 22 shooting! Blazers up 6.

Harden's first two games: 14-of-47 shooting and 9 turnovers.

Blazers go 2 up. LMA finished with 43 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What a strange first round this year is.....

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Dwight looking like Orlando Dwight early doors!

Bl8-cyiCMAAIRO8.png:large

The miss was damn close to going in for And 1.

In fairness, he is pretty much unstoppable from an inch away from the basket..... :D:rolleyes:

In the 2008 Olympics he had 20 points at one stage in a game (can't remember who the opposition was) - from 10 dunks.

• Advertisement

Just saw the josh McRoberts hard foul on LeJon Brames. Knowing the NBA and the different rules for superstars I'd say McRoberts will be sitting for Game 3, and there goes the Bobcats chance of a win.

Everytime I see LeJon hit the deck after a foul I wonder how he'd have survived in the Bad Boys days? He certainly plays things up. May be selectivbe memory on my part, but I don't remember Bird or Jordan reacting like he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Just saw the josh McRoberts hard foul on LeJon Brames. Knowing the NBA and the different rules for superstars I'd say McRoberts will be sitting for Game 3, and there goes the Bobcats chance of a win.

Everytime I see LeJon hit the deck after a foul I wonder how he'd have survived in the Bad Boys days? He certainly plays things up. May be selectivbe memory on my part, but I don't remember Bird or Jordan reacting like he does.

Thats true but in lebrons defence it is a different game now......bird/jordan/magic would have grown up with a physical element to the game all the way, and the NBA wasn't as liberal with fines and punishments for hard fouls back in the 90's.

Since the palace incident the NBA's been trying to stamp out the physical/trash talking side of the game. I think he would have been fine back in the bad boys day because it would have been the norm or what he grew up with if ya get me?

ec18 wrote: »
    Thats true but in lebrons defence it is a different game now......bird/jordan/magic would have grown up with a physical element to the game all the way, and the NBA wasn't as liberal with fines and punishments for hard fouls back in the 90's.

Since the palace incident the NBA's been trying to stamp out the physical/trash talking side of the game. I think he would have been fine back in the bad boys day because it would have been the norm or what he grew up with if ya get me?

I get all of that, but LeJon is built like a tank yet still hits the deck far too easily for my liking. On build alone he should be able to take a lot more punishment without the melodrama we continuously get - or the flooping type stuff we say last year v the Bulls (think the Nazr incident for one). Contrast that with say Little Nate getting split wide open in the same series, no melodrama and playing on, or say Dragic (repeatedly) and you've two guys not built anywhere near like LeJon is who tough it out.

Here's the Current Standings with tip off times for Game 3's:
    West

San Antonio Spurs 1 - 1 Dallas Mavericks
    Game 3: Saturday @ 9.30 p.m/4.30 EST on TNT

Game 1: Spurs 90 - 85 Mavs - AT&T Center
    Game 2: Spurs 92 - 113 Mavs - AT&T Center

Houston Rockets 2 - 0 Portland Trail Blazers
    Game 3: Friday @ 2.30 a.m/9.30 EST on ESPN

Game 1: Rockets 120 - 122 Blazers (OT) - Toyota Center
    Game 2: Rockets 105 - 112 Blazers - Toyota Center

L.A. Clippers 1 - 1 Golden State Warriors
    Game 3: Tonight @ 3.30 a.m/10.30 EST on TNT

Game 1: Clippers 105 - 109 Warriors - Staples Center
    Game 2: Clippers 138 - 98 Warriors - Staples Center

OKC Thunder 1 - 1 Memphis Grizzlies
    Game 3: Tonight @ 1 a.m/8 EST on TNT

Game 1: Thunder 100 - 86 Grizzlies - Chesapeake Energy Arena
    Game 2: Thunder 105 - 111 Grizzlies (OT) - Chesapeake Energy Arena
    East

Indiana Pacers 1 - 1 Atlanta Hawks
    Game 3: Tonight @ Midnight/7 EST on NBA TV

Game 1: Pacers 93 - 101 Hawks - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
    Game 2: Pacers 101 - 85 Hawks - Bankers Life Fieldhouse

Chicago Bulls 0 - 2 Washington Wizards
    Game 3: Friday @ 1 a.m/8 EST on ESPN

Game 1: Bulls 93 - 102 Wizards - United Center
    Game 2: Bulls 99 - 101 Wizards (OT) - United Center

Toronto Raptors 1 - 1 Brooklyn Nets
    Game 3: Friday @ Midnight/7 EST on ESPN2

Game 1: Raptors 87 - 94 Nets - Air Canada Center
    Game 2: Raptors 100 - 95 Nets - Air Canada Center

Miami Heat 2 - 0 Charlotte Bobcats
    Game 3: Saturday @ 1 a.m/7 EST on ESPN

Game 1: Heat 99 - 88 Bobcats - American Airlines Arena
    Game 2: Heat 101 - 97 Bobcats - American Airlines Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Something tells me you might have felt differently if it was RaRon Jondo that was fouled. :p :pac:

BQQ wrote: »
    Something tells me you might have felt differently if it was RaRon Jondo that was fouled. :p :pac:

Honestly? No. I wouldn't. I understand hard fouls are a legitmate part of the game at pretty much any adult level (I played National league in Ireland - try playing against Dungannon or Ballina or the old Marathon Limerick and you'll know what hard fouls are!!!!!!). What I don't like (or get) is LeJon's histrionics (there's a word I never thought I'd use in the NBA pages) when he's fouled in certain situations or at cxertain times in games. He's completely playing the refs and more often than not they fall for it or give him the benefit under the superstar rule. I don't mind hard fouls, hate dirty plays or ones that cause or could cause injury.

I've not even mentioned his other great allowance bewtowed on him - the LeJon 5 Step Travel Rule. You know the one where he has to walk 5 steps before it's a travel? More on occasion. Formerly known as the Kobe 5 Step Travel Rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

ec18 wrote: »

These are fair points, and I don't think anyone really wants to go back to that overly physical stuff. At the same time, you'd think Lebron would be more cognisant of the advantages he has playing in the current era, and also the physical advantages he has over most current players in the league.

I think he'd be better served to take the higher road, and not complain and act up so much. Maybe he may miss out on a few foul calls, but he'd still win a lot and may get a bit more respect.

Having said that, I thought the foul last night by McRoberts was a legitimately bad foul. I couldn't help laughing at the boy-who-cried-wolf aspect of it, Lebron was doing the stuff he always does, and the refs didn't even call a flagrant when they should have. Probably just rolling their eyes thinking 'there goes Lebron doing his act again'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Only saw highlights of the games last night, very surprised by the Mavs win over the Spurs. Have a lot of respect for Carlisle and Dirk, but thought it was a flawed team that had a big hole in their interior defense.

Blazers taking a 2-0 lead in Houston is a bit of a surprise too, though I did have some questions about McHale's coaching abilities. Kobe must be enjoying that one.

Pretty amazing now, 7 of the 8 teams have lost a home game. Very wide open and the West is an absolute bloodbath. I was watching Grizzlies-Thunder the other night and thinking 'if the Grizzlies were in the East, they could win it', and they're only the 7th seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You have to laugh at someone of such a high level of talent doing sh*t like this.

NufcNavan wrote: »

You have to laugh at someone of such a high level of talent doing sh*t like this.

Try this beauty:

All I can say after that is he's a flopping winker.

• Advertisement

Or these:

the KG one about 3 in is hilarious.

And he's teaching Bosh too:

Watch the angles on the Bosh flop - hilarious.

Pacers/Hawks Game 3 starting in a few mins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Game 3. IND 1 - 1 ATL

Pacers need to back up their win in Game 2 with a win tonight in Atlanta. Hoping for a good performance and a convincing win.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Isn't on TV either tonight... Is it just me or have BT/ESPN missed a few games this playoffs already. Seemed as last year nearly every game was on.. between them and Sky.

stuba wrote: »
    Isn't on TV either tonight... Is it just me or have BT/ESPN missed a few games this playoffs already. Seemed as last year nearly every game was on.. between them and Sky.

They've missed a ton of games so far. Out've the 8 games on last weekend, they only showed 3.

Here's their schedule:
    Live NBA matches on BT Sport:

26 April - Houston Rockets v Portland Trail Blazers - 3.30am - BT Sport 1

29 April - San Antonio Spurs v Dallas Mavericks - 2.30am - BT Sport 1

Yep, 2 games...............

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

That's disappointing like, last year it was great. Thank god for League Pass though all the same though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Embarrassing offense so far.

Paul George sits on 2 fouls, Hawks shooting 2-9, game tied at 9-9

I thought Heat fans were bad for not going to games early but this is ridiculous... 2 minutes before tonight's tip off in ATL
    BmBctK1CIAAK_9l.jpg

Just an awful 1st Q to watch, David West buzzer beater ties it for Indy, 24-24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Hawks 1-10 from 3 and they're still in the lead by 2. They're not allowing any fast break points though

Advertisement