Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Silver says the core of the NBA's investigation is "understanding whether the tape is authentic." Plans to interview Sterling on this.

He did a good job of getting through that 10 minutes without really saying anything at all. Typical lawyer :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Really feel for the genuine Charlotte fans right now. Bobcats down 20 midway through the 4Q. Largest attendance at Bobcats home game too.

Anyone see LeBron's five step (and of course no travel call) earlier:

https://vine.co/v/MvOYHngLT9t

Then he decided to stare at Jordan when he was about to dunk:

What an utter, utter knob that man is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Paully D wrote: »

LeTravel at work again.

If you thought Donald Sterling was bad after todays revelations:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/3/15/2052281/donald-sterling-clippers-coach-cancer
    Donald Sterling is the most contemptible man in pro sports, and that's saying something. As if the scales of moral judgment weren't already tipped enough, Gery Woelfel of the Racine (Wisc.) Journal Times presents the latest in the Los Angeles Clippers' owner's evil.

In 2004, assistant coach Kim Hughes was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Surgery was needed. But there was a problem.

"I contacted the Clippers about medical coverage and they said the surgery wouldn't be covered," Hughes said. "I said, 'Are you kidding me?' And they said if they did it for one person, they'd have to do for everybody else."

The story's only unbelievable if you are unfamiliar with Donald Sterling's story of rags to riches to Satanism. The man has been sued by the federal government for discriminating against minorities in his real estate properties, has a reported coterie of young women under his employ (several of which have filed sexual harrassment lawsuits over the years) and was accused of flat-out racism by NBA legend and longtime Clippers GM Elgin Baylor. And this is to say nothing of the way he runs his team, which includes being rather cheap considering his franchise's elite revenue streams, heckling his own players during games and firing coaches by press release.

There's a positive resolution to Hughes' story. Mike Dunleavy, the Clippers' head coach at the time, mentioned Hughes' plight to the players. Corey Maggette, Elton Brand and others covered the $70,000 in medical bills. Hughes later went on to serve as the team's interim head coach when Dunleavy was fired (by press release) midseason. At the end of that season, the Clippers didn't address Hughes' future, so he continued to work through the offseason, until the franchise decided to tell him they'd be hiring a new coach. I wonder why the Clippers have a dark cloud following them? Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Paully D wrote: »

He's a gob****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Fck Lebron. That's just disrespectful to the greatest player of all time. Keep stairing Lebron, because you'll never be Jordan

OT.. AGAIN in this series. So much fail on the last play as seen below when Reggie heaved it down court to no one.

BmM3A-VCEAAODrx.jpg:large

edit - Westbrook, ****ing hell.

This will hurt the Grizz. Westbrook and Durant just had the worst games of their careers on the same night (11-45 combined) and you're gonna lose at home? No-no. Reggie Jackson got out of his shooting slump, career high 32 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

This will hurt the Grizz. Westbrook and Durant just had the worst games of their careers on the same night (11-45 combined) and you're gonna lose at home? No-no. Reggie Jackson got out of his shooting slump, career high 32 points.

Thanks for convincing me to take OKC -2, Ade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just seeing the LeJon Brames dick move now. Knob. Will the man ever learn? He clearly has both a massive ego and a huge inferiority complex at the same time.

I'll be really interested to see the likes of Kenny, Shaq, Chuck and Webber discuss this latest classless move by LeBitch.

Also great to see the 5 step rule alive and kicking a day after I mention it, lol!

Just watched LeJon's post game interview and surprise surprise he denies anything in the LeStare. Man up, if you go there, call it out and admit what everyone saw. Soundtrack to his latest move will be Tupac's "Wonder why they call you a bitch" on repeat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Just putting it out there that there is no travel in that clip.
    Can't see how you can say there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Pacers back in business. All square in the series.
    Hibbert still playing vaginal basketball but PG and D West are picking up the slack. S/O to Hill, Much better this evening

You know you're posts over the year have made me want this team to implode......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

killwill wrote: »

Yeah it is a travel. He jumpstops with his right foot, then his right foot touches the ground again when he is setting himself up for the shot. The rule is that your right foot can't touch the ground twice in a row of the jumpstop, I believe refs call it a "hop travel."

killwill wrote: »

He travels before he dribbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

“Sometimes you’ll miss a big shot, 2001, and you’ll hold onto it for a while until you get the opportunity again,” Carter said, , “I’m just glad it worked out this time, years later.”

Faux outrage from one person. Cries about respect, yet immediately after the aftermath of Derrick Rose going down to a serious injury again, rejoices in the fact it would benefit the Pacers.

The Answer wrote: »
    Thanks for convincing me to take OKC -2, Ade!

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Faux outrage from one person. Cries about respect, yet immediately after the aftermath of Derrick Rose going down to a serious injury again, rejoices in the fact it would benefit the Pacers.

The post to which you are referring would go down in my book as arguably the worst post I have seen in my years posting on the NBA forum. It went something like " Rose done for season, great news for my Pacers " or something similarly despicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

buyer95 wrote: »
    The post to which you are referring would go down in my book as arguably the worst post I have seen in my years posting on the NBA forum. It went something like " Rose done for season, great news for my Pacers " or something similarly despicable.

They still couldn't beat Chicago in the regular season series, both teams winning 2 a piece

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

buyer95 wrote: »

Who said that? I support the Mavericks, but if something bad happened to Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, etc for example, well I wouldn't be taking delight in it. To be the best, you got to beat the best as the saying goes.

The Answer wrote: »
    Who said that? I support the Mavericks, but if something bad happened to Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, etc for example, well I wouldn't be taking delight in it. To be the best, you got to beat the best as the saying goes.

The owner of the Pacers - he posts on here. Well at least I think it's him as he always says stuff like "my Pacers" and "my team" and "we"......

He's very popular on here too... :)

@Nuri, feel your pain buddy on the LFC result.

Not a major soccer fan per se but know how it feels when your team get sooooo close to something and lose an important game. Still not over though so chin up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

He's very popular on here too... :)

simpsonsmoviemobtorches.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Wizards jump out to an 14-0 lead

1398499274390.jpg

Like I feared, Nene's loss not looking like it's going to make much difference as the Wizards will just run everything through their guards who have destroyed us anyway.

Horrible, horrible start.

Woeful, absolutely woeful. 10 turnovers, giving the Wizards a 14 point start, just terrible. Taj the only one coming out of this game with any credit as things stand. He has been superb. Dunleavy with one of his worst games for us, talk about a contrast from the other night.

It hurts me to see Larry Legend like this:
    2014-04-24-17_52_00.gif

• Advertisement

Chicago have to get this down to 10 points in the next 4 minutes to have any chance. They're in the danger zone now.
    @Nuri, feel your pain buddy on the LFC result.

Not a major soccer fan per se but know how it feels when your team get sooooo close to something and lose an important game. Still not over though so chin up!

Cheers man.

Advertisement