Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MRedd

wow Mack and Scott with perfect offense!! MIllsap looks like MJ on the cort with those moves. Seems like this series is over in the next game in atl.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not a good night for Paul George who had his house robbed in game five and All-Star ring stolen. Reports that they also stole Roy Hibbert's talent are unconfirmed.

In Donald Sterling news, Simmons expects:
    What I'm expecting today, Part 1: Silver announces lifetime suspension for DS and that he's starting franchise termination process ASAP.

What I'm expecting today, Part 2: NBA Players Assoc. demands July free agency for all Clipper players unless NBA sells Clippers ASAP

Free agency for all Clippers players would be :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Bateman wrote: »
    That is very insincere to be honest, how can anyone take that as a serious contribution to the debate?

The Clippers have their best chance in years and opposition coach wants their fans to stay at home for a 2-2 Game 5...

I would agree with fans boycotting the game as long as the whole arena were empty. Like a European football game played behind closed doors.

Paully D wrote: »
    Not a good night for Paul George who had his house robbed in game five and All-Star ring stolen. Reports that they also stole Roy Hibbert's talent are unconfirmed.

In Donald Sterling news, Simmons expects:

Free agency for all Clippers players would be :eek:

I feel Sterling will be forced to sell, Not by the NBA but by the financial constraints that will come with the loss of Sponsors, Ticket revenue, Mercendise Sales etc. There won't be a shortage of wealthy investors who would be willing to buy in. It would be perfect if Magic Johnson and his business partners could buy the team.

Free agency for all Clippers players? Wow that would be massive. CP3 and Griffin on the open market would be madness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

What I'm expecting today, Part 1: Silver announces lifetime suspension for DS and that he's starting franchise termination process ASAP.

What I'm expecting today, Part 2: NBA Players Assoc. demands July free agency for all Clipper players unless NBA sells Clippers ASAP

Wow....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fair ****s to Silver if that indeed happens!!!

Who likes stats? I know I do. Here's one -

BmZ221hCAAAn7Yu.jpg:large

#HistoryMaking

Free agency for all Clippers players? Wow that would be massive. CP3 and Griffin on the open market would be madness

Where do you all think Paul and Griffin end up if they are hypothetically free agents and you had to call it right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Silver's press conference will be at 7pm, carried here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Where do you all think Paul and Griffin end up if they are hypothetically free agents and you had to call it right now?

Blake to Boston!

• Advertisement

That's a tough one. I'd look at maybe Dallas as team who would be willing to spend for success. Cuban would certainly be interested in both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They don't even leave the building. They become Lakers.

But it's not going to happen. I'm telling y'all if they go down the route of trying to strip him of ownership it will go to the courts and if so, has the potential to stop the entire league next year as Sterling will take out an injunction against the whole league if they try and take what's his.

He'll prob get a huge fine and suspension, but they will not be able to take the team away from him unless he wants to sell.

I love the fact it mentions that he had a pair of Air Jordan 4 toros taken. i have a pair of them FFS!

Rumours of the fine being $5M.

In fairness to Atl's Mike Scott, he has improved considerably from the last time I really noticed him play ball:

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Blake to Bulls...Boozer, get your lazy ass out of the building post haste. Melo, you can stay where you are.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

$5million to Sterling would be like fining me €50. It means NOTHING.

Paul
    Ellis
    Maybe Glen Robinson (Draft Pick)
    Griffin
    Nowitzki

Paul
    Ellis
    Maybe Glen Robinson (Draft Pick)
    Griffin
    Nowitzki

No place for PG? Or Born Ready?

:D

I'm shocked the Pacers haven't been mentioned.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'm shocked the Pacers haven't been mentioned.

:rolleyes:

They've wisely invested all their cap space....on Roy Hibbert and George Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Good call!

@NBCNews confirms that Donald Sterling has been suspended indefinitely and fined $5M, according to a senior NBA official

No place for PG? Or Born Ready?

George won't leave The Pacers, He has a massive contract coming into effect.
    I think we need to do what ever we can to resign Lance.

George won't leave The Pacers, He has a massive contract coming into effect.
    I think we need to do what ever we can to resign Lance.

Way to miss the point!!!!

But seriously, you want Lance when all the evidence points to the fact that he's at least part of (if not the biggest part) of the problem?

$5million to Sterling would be like fining me €50. It means NOTHING.

The reported $5 million fine for Donald Sterling represents .5% of the estimated worth net of the Clippers.

The reported $5 million fine for Donald Sterling represents .5% of the estimated worth net of the Clippers.

Yeah, but the Clipps are only part of his "empire". It's peanuts to him. He'll probably be laughing at it with his friends at the next Klan meeting.

Yeah, but the Clipps are only part of his "empire". It's peanuts to him. He'll probably be laughing at it with his friends at the next Klan meeting.

bd140428fb-485x363.jpg

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

All Sterling related talk moved to a new thread here Lets keep this one solely for the playoffs.

Taj Gibson posted a picture of him outside the apartment complex that he lives in. AMLI River North in Chicago, looks unbelievable. It's full of Chicago sports people:

Nice view too:

1229af310c0864ae0e8f216dcfac036e.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh yeah, there's some games on tonight :eek::cool: (none on BT Sport though:()

Wizards can dump out the Bulls in Game 5 tonight at the United Center, tip off in around 30 mins on TNT

The Grizz head to OKC to face the Thunder in their Game 5, series tied at 2-2 so this is a crucial game for both, tip off at 2am on NBA TV

The Warriors head to LA for Game 5 against the Clippers and following the news about Sterling (see thread here), this game is gonna be more fierce than the previous 4, tip off at 3.30 on TNT

Advertisement