Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Mavs F/C DeJuan Blair has been suspended for Game 5 for kicking Spurs C Tiago Splitter in the head

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

41 a piece at the half in Chicago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Stephen A goes in on the Pacers.

Nene continues to own Noah this series, latter looks to carrying an injury now.

edit - looks ok

Fisher has now appeared in more playoff games than any player in NBA history at 245 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Thunder really don't deserve to progress playing this . KD just make up your own plays !!!

Washington up 5 with 4 minutes remaining. Do or die for Chicago now in crunch time.

Game over. Series over. The Wizards win! :)

Bulls are gone absolutely destroyed on the offensive boards in the last few min. 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance opportunities.

OKC have cranked up the pressure and cut down a 20 point Memphis lead down to a 2 point game with 8 minutes left.

• Advertisement

Russ has his triple double, but what an idiotic last play from OKC, they deserve to lose for that alone :pac:

Russ with the steal, ball game tied with 4 seconds left, Memphis ball!

Wow, overtime again between these two!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

really getting to me the way memphis never get called up on loose ball fouls and okc have been hammered by the referees. that possession call at 1:52 left on clock - clearly hit off randolph no??? memphis are the stoke city under tony pulis :)

What a steal

KD has really let himself down this series - westbrook is the only reason they're still in it - what a steal

Joey Crawford just iced KD..

what an absolute joke that is - does the ref know hes in a plaoff game in the NBA??!!

Holy crap

Grizzlies win. Grizzlies MVP: Joey Crawford. Excellent FT defense. Prick.

you can't do that in that situation, completely throws the free throw shooter off (regardless of whether KD was shooting awful)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Korrayls wrote: »
    what an absolute joke that is - does the ref know hes in a plaoff game in the NBA??!!

That's Joey. It always has to be about Joey.

Knob.

The one thing you can say about Crawford is he's an equal opportunity offender - he hates everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Warriors planned Game 5 walkout if Clippers’ Donald Sterling wasn’t banned

Draymond Green (left) and Stephen Curry (right) were among the Warriors players planning a walkout. (Rocky Widner/Getty Images)

NBA commissioner Adam Silver has been widely praised for his harsh punishment of disgraced Clippers owner Donald Sterling, but he could have been facing a much different response had he taken a softer approach.

Silver issued a lifetime ban and a maximum $2.5 million fine to Sterling during a press conference in New York City on Tuesday, while also pledging to do “everything in my power” to remove Sterling as owner of the Clippers. The punishment came down less than eight hours before the Clippers and Warriors were set to play Game 5 of their first-round playoff series at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
    The Bay Area News Group reports that the Warriors had forged plans to stage a walkout at the start of Game 5 if they were unsatisfied with Silver’s handling of the controversy, which began on Friday when audio tapes were released that included Sterling making a series of racist remarks.

The Warriors were going to go through pre-game warm-ups and take part in the national anthem and starting line-up introductions. They were going to take the floor for the jump ball, dapping up the Clippers players as is customary before games.
    Then once the ball was in the air, they were just going to walk off. All 15 of them.
    “It would have been our only chance to make a statement in front of the biggest audience that we weren’t going to accept anything but the maximum punishment,” [Stephen] Curry said. “We would deal with the consequences later but we were not going to play.”
    Curry, David Lee, Jermaine O’Neal and Draymond Green were all reportedly involved in the planning of the walkout.
    National Basketball Players Association vice president Roger Mason Jr. said at a Tuesday press conference in Los Angeles that players across the league were prepared to boycott in the event that Silver’s punishment of Sterling wasn’t sufficiently harsh.
    “We will not be discriminated against,” Mason said. “I reached out to other players around the league and made it clear that the players were ready to boycott the games if this type of action wasn’t something Adam Silver felt was necessary. I’m happy to come here today and say that as players we’re very happy with the decision.”
    Since the controversy began last Friday, a number of teams — including the Clippers, Heat, Rockets, and Blazers – have all participated in silent protests against Sterling by wearing their warm-up shirts inside out or donning black socks during their recent playoff games.
    Game 5 tipped off without incident on Tuesday night, with the Clippers taking the court to a standing ovation from the Staples Center crowd, many of whom dressed in black to take a stand against Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Joey Crawford once again making the game all about himself yet again:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Taken from Reddit. A possible explanation for it.

"People didn't like it because it's Joey Crawford, but he made the right move. The foul count was wrong on the arena screen, which the players look at, so if Durant had missed the free throw (which ended up happening) and they were down 1 the Thunder may think they could foul to stop the clock without putting the Grizzlies on the line. And if the Grizzlies got the rebound (which ended up happening) the refs wouldn't have a chance to stop the game to fix the scoreboard. So, Crawford had to act quickly and get the ball from Durant before his second free throw. He acted correctly given the circumstances."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Very disappointing from Chicago, talk about inability to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I know I mentioned it before about sports stars having so much faith in God, but again last night, the first thing Nene and Beal said in the press conference was along the lines of praising the Lord Jesus Christ our saviour.

Now I know why I never made it to the NBA - Lack of faith and religiousness.

The Warriors walking out? I would have loved to see if they really would have done it at a time like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Bateman wrote: »
    Well looking at the back courts, It probably shouldnt have been as big a surprise as it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Disappointing end to the season. Realistic target was to win the first round series, but they failed to do that. Lack of talent caught up with the team at the end, in the playoffs you just don't get those easy baskets from moving the ball, and you miss having scorers who can create themselves.

The Wizards played a great series, bit of a coming-of-age series for them, they'll be a playoff team for the next few years in the East. Apart from the emerging talent of Wall and Beal, I thought they played some great defense. Never gave the Bulls any easy shots and rebounded ferociously (game was ultimately decided last night when they got 3 offensive rebounds on the same possession late in the game). You have to say they're probably favourite now to reach the ECF, regardless of who they face in the 2nd round.

Big off-season ahead for the Bulls, one that will probably define the team for the next few years. I think they'll go after Melo, but even if he decides to stay in New York, there are other options with Mirotic, a couple of first round picks and cap space. I'm optimistic with either option. When the front office sent Deng to Cleveland, it was to maximise their opportunity over the next few years, at the expense of this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bateman wrote: »
    astonaidan wrote: »
    Well looking at the back courts, It probably shouldnt have been as big a surprise as it was

Yup, not a surprise at all. Lowest scorers in the whole NBA with 93.7 during the regular season, even the Jazz and Bucks scored more per game, and lowest scorers in the playoffs with 90 per game.

Bulls just need to concentrate on three things this off-season - scoring, scoring and scoring.
    padraig_f wrote: »
    Disappointing end to the season. Realistic target was to win the first round series, but they failed to do that. Lack of talent caught up with the team at the end, in the playoffs you just don't get those easy baskets from moving the ball, and you miss having scorers who can create themselves.

The Wizards played a great series, bit of a coming-of-age series for them, they'll be a playoff team for the next few years in the East. Apart from the emerging talent of Wall and Beal, I thought they played some great defense. Never gave the Bulls any easy shots and rebounded ferociously (game was ultimately decided last night when they got 3 offensive rebounds on the same possession late in the game). You have to say they're probably favourite now to reach the ECF, regardless of who they face in the 2nd round.

Big off-season ahead for the Bulls, one that will probably define the team for the next few years. I think they'll go after Melo, but even if he decides to stay in New York, there are other options with Mirotic, a couple of first round picks and cap space. I'm optimistic with either option. When the front office sent Deng to Cleveland, it was to maximise their opportunity over the next few years, at the expense of this year.

Yeah, I agree. Disappointing.

The Wizards did very well and Wall and Beal will be big players in the East for years to come. In a way it's nice to see a young, up-and-coming team do it on the big stage considering they had been a bit of a laughing stock franchise for years, just a shame it had to be against us! It would have been interesting to see how we'd have done against the Nets.

I think Melo will stay in New York. There's $30m reasons for him to. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who will pass that up, besides, when's the last time Chicago signed a top free agent? Get Mirotic over, hit on at least one solid starter on our two 1st round draft picks, make sure any free agency picks can score. Though I have to say I don't trust the front office not to completely mess it up. Looks like Rose may be fit enough to play in the USA camp which would be good news, knock the rust off a bit.

And one big plus - NO MORE BOOZER AND HIS PATHETIC DEFENSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I know I mentioned it before about sports stars having so much faith in God, but again last night, the first thing Nene and Beal said in the press conference was along the lines of praising the Lord Jesus Christ our saviour.

Now I know why I never made it to the NBA - Lack of faith and religiousness.

The Warriors walking out? I would have loved to see if they really would have done it at a time like this.

They probably would of because they certainly don't look like they can win the series and I think they know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

If I were a Bulls fan I wouldn't want Carmelo. He's a huge talent and can address their offensive issues. However, he doesn't have it between the ears and lacks the intangibles of a winner. They'd probably win more games during the season but I wouldn't trust him down the stretch in crunch time in the playoffs against quality competition.

Advertisement