Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I think The Pacers will win game 7 and move on to play Washington in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

Brave call that!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That's what the Warriors do, get a lead by pushing the ball and going on some good runs with aggressive basketball then poo their pants by trying to manage the clock, they loose their rhythm and take bad shots. As good as Curry is, he is not the greatest ball handler at times, too many turnovers.
    Totally agree about cp 3, he looks beat up, a lot of niggling injuries, that's the nature of his game, being so aggressive on both ends

His lack of defense is an issue, but being turnover happy a fair bit kills him. Any news on O'Neal's injury? Grimaced at the slow mo replay last night of it.

Oh and potentially the final game for The Preacher tomorrow. You guys might get a good coach finally! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think The Pacers will win game 7 and move on to play Washington in the next round.
    Really?! I think they'll play San Antonio if they get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

LeBron On Mr. Unreliable: Durant's Got To Become A Free Agent One Day

should've probably added "just don't do it via a 1-hour live tv special where you knife your home team in the back"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

padraig_f wrote: »
    LeBron On Mr. Unreliable: Durant's Got To Become A Free Agent One Day

should've probably added "just don't do it via a 1-hour live tv special where you knife your home team in the back"

"Starting his recruitment pitch already for when Wade retires" is one of the comments on the article. Probably not too far off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Just watched the Warriors Clippers game there on sky plus. A few thoughts.

First, the warriors definitely deserved to win, they were the team that seemed to want it more in the second half. They fed off the crowds intensity, the oracle was crazy last night, and that seemed to inspire them. When they upped the pace the clippers couldn't hang with them. It was only when the warriors had a commanding position and tried to run down the clock(which in theory was the right thing to do) that the wheels came off and they almost allowed the clippers back into it. If the clippers had managed to get that 3 earlier in that mad scramble at the end then we could have been looking at overtime. That 3 made it a 1 point game, and if they had hit the 3 earlier than they would have had a chance to take it to OT/win it depending on if the dubs hit their free throws.

Iguidala was outstanding in the 4th, he really stepped up, with Thompson making nothing and Lee off the floor. The defense is always obviously there, but these last 3 games he has excelled offensively also. Curry, great as he is, takes too many risks with the ball. He does not need to attempt so many of those flashy passes. Draymond Green plays with so much heart, he is far from the most talented player but his hustle makes a huge asset for the warriors, he's the kind of player I would love the knicks to have had last season.

Lee fouling out was a blessing in disguise, he wasn't having a great game and is toxic on defense at the best of times. Speights came on and really imposed himself on the putting up points and using his big body to make a difference on defense. It was an outstanding effort from the warriors, missing Bogut and O'Neal for a large portion of the game. Green really got after it inside, grabbing those 14 rebounds. I feel that the clippers should not have left the opportunity to finish the series slip though. Everything went against GSW last night but they found a way. Say what you like about Jackson(and I agree tactically he is poor) his guys believe in him and he really had them playing hard last night.

Side point, I felt that the commentators glossed over the fact that Big Baby threw a cheap shot at Jermaine on the play that he injured his knee. Big Baby lowered his shoulder and crashed into him, basically going threw him. O' Neal will play in game 7 according to him, he had this to say.

'Anything short of God coming back and rapture, anything short of that, I will play,''

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Paul George will not be suspended for Game 7

Read more: http://fox59.com/2014/05/02/paul-george-will-not-be-suspended-for-game-7/#ixzz30arehMF3

2 huge games again tonight, I'm predicting the spurs advance and the rockets take that series to game 7. What a first round though, arguably the best ever!
    Great article from Zach Lowe http://grantland.com/features/nba-playoffs-first-round-dallas-mavericks-san-antonio-spurs-houston-rockets-portland-trail-blazers-toronto-raptors/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    His lack of defense is an issue, but being turnover happy a fair bit kills him. Any news on O'Neal's injury? Grimaced at the slow mo replay last night of it.

Oh and potentially the final game for The Preacher tomorrow. You guys might get a good coach finally! :D

MRI today, sounds like he will be ok but who knows, he has had knee problems before.

The only thing I would worry about if Jackson left is disrupting Curry and he follows him.
    I am not sure who I would like to replace him, thibs in a perfect world bit someone like Hollins wouldn't be bad.
    Big fan of jerry sloan but don't think he would suit them.
    They would probably get mike d'antoni, please jebus noooo

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Big, big breaking news - Z-Bo is out of the game for tomorrow through suspension for the elbow on Stone Cold Steve Adams the other night. I missed it in real time, but it was the right call looking back. Absolutely zero excuses for the Thunder now tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

buyer95 wrote: »
    2 huge games again tonight, I'm predicting the spurs advance and the rockets take that series to game 7. What a first round though, arguably the best ever!
    Great article from Zach Lowe http://grantland.com/features/nba-playoffs-first-round-dallas-mavericks-san-antonio-spurs-houston-rockets-portland-trail-blazers-toronto-raptors/

Is raptors - nets not huge or something:confused:

Is it just me that thinks D'Antoni gets a hard time on here?

In fairness to the man he completely rejuvenated the offensive game during the early-mid 2000's. Sure, he could never really get over the Spurs with the Suns but he did a good job there overall.

He seemed to be getting somewhere with the Knicks, going from 32-50 in his first season to 42-40 and the playoffs a couple of seasons later, until Melo had enough of the idea of sharing the basketball and letting others take shots. When it comes to coach or superstar player, there's only going to be one winner.

The Lakers job was never going to work. Them being in complete rebuild mode this year, plus him not being Phil Jackson. They could have had Thibs or Pop there and they would not have been a whole better. He did well getting them to the playoffs in the first year considering how tough the west is and the fact that their starting line up played together a total of 7 times.

I don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be on here. I feel he has suffered a bit being at teams that are bad fits, but I think he'd actually suit the Warriors. A coach who likes to run a quick, up-tempo offense with a team who seem best suited to that style.

Mavs come out strong in first quarter playing great basketball. The ball is moving brilliantly and Dirk is doing Dirk things hitting crazy shots. That one he hit with Duncan on him was unbelievable, Timmy could not have defended that better. In saying that I expect the spurs to get a handle on them and improve defensively in this quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Noah set for 8-12 weeks rehab after knee surgery.

I wonder why Thibs gets a pass for running his guys into the ground? His main guys are always knicked up if not flat injured, Randy Whitman and the Wizards clearly outcoached and outexecuted him, yet all I ever hear about is the media making excuses for the guy why things don't go well and feeling sorry for him when someone is injured.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is raptors - nets not huge or something:confused:

Chillax the cacks man, I didn't know that that game was on tonight, for some reason thought it was tomorrow. As it turns out its a blow out anyway!

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Noah set for 8-12 weeks rehab after knee surgery.

I wonder why Thibs gets a pass for running his guys into the ground? His main guys are always knicked up if not flat injured, Randy Whitman and the Wizards clearly outcoached and outexecuted him, yet all I ever hear about is the media making excuses for the guy why things don't go well and feeling sorry for him when someone is injured.
    Randy Wittman and outcoaching someone in the same sentence :pac:

Fancy the spurs to come back into this, and close out the series. Down 8 so a bit of work to do.

Quiet on here tonight. Pity, yere missing possibly the last time we see Dirk and Timmy go up against eachother in the playoffs. Both are playing very well. Spurs take a 5 point lead into the 4th, very competitive game so far.

• Advertisement

Back to back 3's from the mavs, and they cut the lead to 1. Brilliant atmosphere in the mavs building, setting up nicely for a big finish. Anyone who is up this is must watch tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Looks like mavs have this now, great 4th from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Paully D wrote: »
    Is it just me that thinks D'Antoni gets a hard time on here?

In fairness to the man he completely rejuvenated the offensive game during the early-mid 2000's. Sure, he could never really get over the Spurs with the Suns but he did a good job there overall.

He seemed to be getting somewhere with the Knicks, going from 32-50 in his first season to 42-40 and the playoffs a couple of seasons later, until Melo had enough of the idea of sharing the basketball and letting others take shots. When it comes to coach or superstar player, there's only going to be one winner.

The Lakers job was never going to work. Them being in complete rebuild mode this year, plus him not being Phil Jackson. They could have had Thibs or Pop there and they would not have been a whole better. He did well getting them to the playoffs in the first year considering how tough the west is and the fact that their starting line up played together a total of 7 times.

I don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be on here. I feel he has suffered a bit being at teams that are bad fits, but I think he'd actually suit the Warriors. A coach who likes to run a quick, up-tempo offense with a team who seem best suited to that style.

Yea, maybe he should get a bit more credit as a decent coach but I am not sure if his style would produce a championship team.
    I would rather a defense first type coach.

Mavs have gone on a huge run and lead by 8 with under 3 minutes remaining. Ellis confounding his critics, playing all star level basketball, and carrying the mavs along with Dirk right now. The spurs can't hit a shot, they need to find a way to get Timmy the ball, perimeter players hitting nothing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

Monta has treated whoever the Spurs have put on him in the 2H as roadkill. Relentless. Mavs within touching distance of sending the series to Game 7.

Magical from Tony Parker, and just like that it's a 1 point game. What a game!

Huge steal by Blair, looks like were headed back to San Antonio for game 7.

So many game 7's this weekend :D

The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Beautiful 3 pointers!

Advertisement