Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Nearly 40 3 attempts :pac: :pac: :pac:

They've sunk 11 of those 44 3 balls..............
    They've sunk 28 of their 92 shots...............

Hawks chucking it up tonight

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

After all the comments this year from some, I expect the Pacers to sweep the Wizards comfortably now.

As for Atlanta, despite them choking it away, big up to the Hawks on their season, especially when you factor in their best player going to injury and missing most of the season, was playing like an All Star before that. Horford and Millsap should be playing at a bigger franchise for sure.

Grizz - OKC up now, Memphis going small it looks like. Dumbass playing his bigs though.

Thank God that's finished, Pacers win it 92-80 to set up a Round 2 tie against the Wizards

Perkins for DPOY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Nothing is a bit harsh but yeah, there were a few times the Hawks got no calls on what's normally called a foul. Pacers got 1 or 2 "easy" foul calls that wouldn't be called as well
    Pacers were due some calls. Officiating has been AWFUL throughout the whole series.

• Advertisement

Perkins for DPOY.

Picks up an early second foul and the Grizz go on a ridiculous run. The highest scoring run for a quarter this season to lead by 9, and you all think I'm joking about Perkins :rolleyes:

>_>

That was a fun 1H. Thunder up 3. Russ, turnovers aside, and KD are playing very well. OKC's defense is shaky, giving up a lot of stupid points. It'll be interesting to see if the Grizz can keep the pace up in the 2H, not so sure.

The 1-2 punch is killing Memphis right now, on the verge of an absolute blowout in the third.

Blowout city. OKC were superb in Game 6 and 7 it must be said.

They face the winners of Warriors - Clippers next. This is going to be awesome.

This game..

• Advertisement

THIS GAME!!!

Clippers win and move on to face OKC. Make sure to watch extended highlights if you missed the game. Big play after big play galore. Not sure I've ever seen Doc so proud and excited before. If's and but's, but Bogut out there and I think Golden State holds on, but now I feel they can progress if they replace Jackson appropriately.

Time for sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ah feck it anyway, now that was a good game 7, was literally on the edge of my seat for the entire 4th, pretty disappointed but I don't think they could of done much more.
    As said, if Bogut was there it could of been a different story, too many easy baskets for clippers, no one could handle Jordan and Griffin.
    I think Jackson actually coached the last game pretty well, liked the way iggy handle it more and they tried to get Steph more screens.
    Special mention to Green, has been superb all season, definitely a fan favorite, leaves it all on the court.
    Steph really is a sensational shooter, my God, unnatural, definitely going to see them live a few more times next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I love Sunday game schedules. Last 2 games of the first round and we don't have to stay up all night to watch them

I love Sunday game schedules. Last 2 games of the first round and we don't have to stay up all night to watch them

Yep, perfect viewing times and both are on tv here!!

ESPN:
    Raps/Nets at 6
    Mavs/Spurs at 8.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yep, perfect viewing times and both are on tv here!!

ESPN:
    Raps/Nets at 6
    Mavs/Spurs at 8.30

Oh god.

Atletico Madrid-Levante at 4. These two games then bring me up to 11 when we'll be off out. I predict a serious, serious hangover tomorrow :pac:

Can't wait for Mavs/Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gendrol75

Anyone know a Dublin pub (close to city centre if possible) where I can catch Brooklyn @ Toronto today?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Haven't posted in a few days as was back and forth to England, missus hospitalised and groomsman at a wedding so crazy busy. Have a mountain of games to catch ip on but sad to see my tip for the West go down to the Clips :(
    Bogut out sealed it, but I thought they'd likely lose 4-1 without him, shows the potential they had if he had been healthy. If they stay healthy, get a better coach and have some luck (they are due a break) and they are a real threat next year.

gendrol75 wrote: »
    Anyone know a Dublin pub (close to city centre if possible) where I can catch Brooklyn @ Toronto today?

I can't recall ever seeing basketball in a Dublin pub dude, sorry.....

Amir Johnson has come to play today. Raptors up 2 points after the first.
    Haven't posted in a few days as was back and forth to England, missus hospitalised and groomsman at a wedding so crazy busy. Have a mountain of games to catch ip on but sad to see my tip for the West go down to the Clips :(
    Bogut out sealed it, but I thought they'd likely lose 4-1 without him, shows the potential they had if he had been healthy. If they stay healthy, get a better coach and have some luck (they are due a break) and they are a real threat next year.

Sorry to hear, man. Hope she's on the mend.

• Advertisement

I know the Woolshed used to show some of the early playoff games a couple of years ago. If you ask around, I'm sure some pub will throw it on one of their many TV's, assuming it's on BT Sports or ESPN in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It will definitely be on in the Woolshed. I know it's a bit late for a reply though :pac:

Amir Johnson has come to play today. Raptors up 2 points after the first.

Sorry to hear, man. Hope she's on the mend.

Yeah, she's ok now and out of hospital thankfully. Kidney stones, laser and morphine (seriously) did the trick. Felt about as useless as I could possibly feel being in England with no flight home until the next morning and her in hospital - I'm sure I'll never hear the end of this one!!!

Raptors defense has been dreadful. Brooklyn lead at HT.

Thanks everyone. I'll check out the Woolshed for the second around against Miami if we manage to scrape out a win here .. not looking good at HT.

Raptors defense has been dreadful. Brooklyn lead at HT.

I don't know, compared to game six they are defending pretty well. Nets are just making tough shots. Lack of a perimeter threat isn't helping the Raps.

I don't know, compared to game six they are defending pretty well. Nets are just making tough shots. Lack of a perimeter threat isn't helping the Raps.

Perimeter defense was the main problem in the 1st half, IMHO. Brooklyn had far too many open looks.

___

Still Brooklyn by 8 heading into the 4th.

Joe Johnson is lighting it up right now, 11 straight points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

bad, bad refereeing :/ .

• Advertisement

Raptors down 4 with 57 seconds left..

Advertisement