Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards (4-0, surely, SURELY?! .... 3-4)

I say this more in hope than expectation admittedly. Given some people's bitterness throughout the past 8 or so months, a Wizards sweep will be more than ideal, but not realistic. Ariza vs George should be a fun battle as Ariza has done a job on George before and can hang with him defensively at least. Like in Chicago, Washington will need to win one of the opening two games. If they don't, I'd worry for them. For a new team (context) and young team, not sure if the 5 day rest will be truly beneficial. Could see some rust, but hopefully not.

Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets (4-2)

I don't stress about the regular season games too much, and for those who do, their games were fiercely contested for the most part, even if the Nets swept them. They were fortunate Big Al went down in Game 1 and played in pain for the rest of the Charlotte series, but I think Miami turn it up another notch now though. If D-Will wakes up, it could go to a Game 7. He was a black hole for Brooklny except for one, maybe two games against the Raptors.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Portland Trail Blazers (4-3)

Duncan is going to have his hands full in this one. I remember watching pretty much all of this series during the regular season and I was so impressed with the Blazers. But like Miami,

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers (4-1)

I probably accounted for the revenge factor a bit too much against the Grizz, but I genuinely believe OKC will win this comfortably. Matt Barnes on KD? :pac: Westbrook is CP3's nightmare, couple that with his hamstring injury and well, it doesn't look good. Ibaka vs. Griffin will be fascinating as always. The X Factor here is DeAndre Jordan though. Clippers had free will in the paint against Golden State. Say what you will about Perkins, but him and Adams, they'll actually protect it.

Slowly but surely, the bromance that is Ade and Kendrick Perkins blossoms….:D

Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards (4-2) This is based more on me having zero confidence in Indiana right now than any great belief in Washington. If this is to come off (as Nuri alluded to earlier) Washington have to win at least 1 of the first 2 games in Indiana, which I think they'll do. Also Gortat and Nene will cause them problems they haven't had to deal with in a while. They're playing well and Indiana are playing poorly - my logic is as simple as that. It may even be 4-1.

Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets (4-2)
    Really torn on this one. As I previously suggested, if they get a fair deal from the refs I think the Nets are more than capable of pulling off an upset here. Do I think they'll get a fair deal? No. This could even go 7.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Portland Trail Blazers (4-2)
    SA will be just too smart for the young upstarts from Rip City.

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers (4-2)
    Key to this series is Westbrook. If he's on fire and passing, they win. If he shoots first, they lose. The Clipps bigs will not have a free reign like they did agains the Warriors either. Though I don't see it going 7, I wouldn't be hugely shocked if it went either way. One thing I am certain of is the Clipps are glad to be playing OKC and not Memphis. I also wouldn't rule out some "shlaps" in this series either, with suspensions and all that jazz to follow.

All of the above are based on injury-free series, don't see a 7-gamer with the possible exception of Brooklyn and Miami.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Slowly but surely, the bromance that is Ade and Kendrick Perkins blossoms….:D

He's just so dreamy.

Btw, I was watching one of those Association series vids on the Celtics when I was down and out with pneumonia earlier in the year if you remember. Just stumbled upon it when browsing Youtube and watched a heap of them. Perk getting traded was sad viewing.

He's just so dreamy.

Btw, I was watching one of those Association series vids on the Celtics when I was down and out with pneumonia earlier in the year if you remember. Just stumbled upon it when browsing Youtube and watched a heap of them. Perk getting traded was sad viewing.

Haven't seen that one. You hardly have a link?

Edit: saw you said youtube - will have a look later maybe. Ta!

Haven't seen that one. You hardly have a link?

Edit: saw you said youtube - will have a look later maybe. Ta!

You might have to search for different parts of an episode from other channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Indiana looks to be getting back on track but I think will have a tough time again. Wizards more well rounded than atlanta squad that gave them fits and the Pacers won't be able to go small like they did near the end of the series with ATL. I think the Wiz steal one of the first two, probably tonight as one day of rest is tough even if you don't have to travel. Chasing Jeff Teague around looks very tiring.

OKC has the advantage for tonight, both teams played 7 but Clips have to travel and their series win was more emotional with all the Sterling stuff. Think it will go 7 though hard to pick who will prevail. Clips are everyone's sentimental picks but they will have to stop new MVP Kevin Durant, and I don't think they (or anyone) can do so consistently over a series.

Knowing that the Nets swept them in the regular season the Heat will be looking to make a statement in game 1 and they will get the perfect opportunity Tues nite being well rested whilst the older Nets (and a slightly hobbled D Will) have to travel from Canada to Florida with one day rest off a game 7 that went down to the wire and was the franchise's first ever game 7 win. I smell a blowout tomorrow night but a well fought series overall with the Heat prevailing. I'd be shocked if Jason Kidd dethrones the defending champs with homecourt advantage in his first year as a coach. They won't get all the calls either like they did against Toronto.

Spurs-Blazers should be exciting. Spurs might get pushed to the limit again, love this Blazers team but the Spurs have been there so many times while the Blazers haven't been out of the first round in 14 years. Not that this team will care, they have loads of confidence but the experience will win out and Spurs take this series.

I think the league would love a OKC-MIA final with the Durant-Lebron matchup, and have a feeling that's what we'll get when all is said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Myla Shallow Sunblock

I think the nets will do the heat Paul pierce tends to play well against lebron and himself and kg will have them seriously up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

BT seem to be showing only the Wizards/Pacers game tonight...:rolleyes: It's not like Thunder/Clippers is more important than rallying and women's football highlights

BT seem to be showing only the Wizards/Pacers game tonight...:rolleyes: It's not like Thunder/Clippers is more important than rallying and women's football highlights

They're not showing the game at all now:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What do you mean not now? Did they have it listed?

• Advertisement

Let's go Washington! :)

kmart6 wrote: »
    What do you mean not now? Did they have it listed?

They had on their website, both the Pacers/Wizards game and the Heat/Nets game were both down to be shown.

Writer for BT Sport confirmed they had a game tonight:

https://twitter.com/markbritball/status/463442343111450624

and from BT themselves corfirming there's now no game:

https://twitter.com/BTCare/status/463402462402347008

Wizards jump out to a 8-0 lead...... who said they had rust??:pac:

JOHN ****ING WALL! :D

John Wall back to back rejections, Pacers shooting 2-13

They had on their website, both the Pacers/Wizards game and the Heat/Nets game were both down to be shown.

Writer for BT Sport confirmed they had a game tonight:

https://twitter.com/markbritball/status/463442343111450624

and from BT themselves corfirming there's now no game:

https://twitter.com/BTCare/status/463402462402347008
    Strange, seems he confirmed something he shouldn't have so. Schedules are always subject to change and their agreement with the NBA is not for every game of a series until the Conference Finals.

A pic/gif of Wall denying George so badly and then staring him down is needed.

A pic/gif of Wall denying George so badly and then staring him down is needed.

giphy.gif

28-15 Wizards after Q1, sucky Pacers are back yet again shooting 22%

After the 1Q, Washington up 28-15. Some fantastic basketball at both ends from the Wiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I just switched on to see the Pacers go on a big run, 4 point game now. Any time I start watching they start playing well and that has been the case throughout the playoffs so far. Time to stop watching their games now I think :pac:

Fcuk sake, so your to blame for the crap we have to put up with for this series!

Paully D wrote: »
    I just switched on to see the Pacers go on a big run, 4 point game now. Any time I start watching they start playing well and that has been the case throughout the playoffs so far. Time to stop watching their games now I think :pac:

After your post the Wiz starting scoring again. Hmmm, must have stopped watching :pac:

On a serious note, I worry for Miller if what happened during that bad stretch earlier is going to be a regular feature when he comes in. Turner had to look good against someone eventually.

That 2012 draft class is looking very good for one that wasn't expected to be up to much apart from Davis.

Off the top of my head, Davis, Beal, Lillard, Drummond, Ross, Barnes, all making impacts. Some more so than others admittedly. Probably a few more I'm forgetting too.

Ariza is on fire!

Man, the Wizards are fun to watch. So much pace and great shooting. For those just getting into the NBA and looking for a team to follow they couldn't go to far wrong with the Wizards really. Wall and Beal only 23 and 20 respectively, that's a mean backcourt for a long time to come. Though they might find some financial issues in keeping both Ariza and Gortat this year.

Paully D wrote: »
    That 2012 draft class is looking very good for one that wasn't expected to be up to much apart from Davis.

Off the top of my head, Davis, Beal, Lillard, Drummond, Ross, Barnes, all making impacts. Some more so than others admittedly. Probably a few more I'm forgetting too.

MKG at the Hornets and Waiters at the Cavs too.

Half at Indy - Wizards leading 56-43

• Advertisement

Ah **** off with that LeBron app.

Advertisement