Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ariza's shot chart

Animated_fire_by_nevit.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Think the Pacers are screwed now the Wiz got the lead back up to double digits. Wizards offense is great in game 1 again, they just make shots.

Bm6WwuqCMAEVK4K.jpg:large

I'll leave this here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'll leave this here :D

40247_e7e9fc4a71abbcb9874231b92d6b0e9a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Gortat, 'the bearded one' with a double-double already :D .

• Advertisement

Larry Bird looked so sad a few moments ago.

edit -
    ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo
    The Wizards have 19 assists tonight ... the Pacers have 19 baskets

6.03 left in the third.

Weak ass technical for Gortat. The NBA will change that.

Pacers make a run after that stupid T. Wizards still up by 7 going into the fourth.

I always said singing when winning.

Pacers kept chucking up 3's in the last 40 seconds or so and making them, but Washington were comfortable.

The Wizards win by 6 and take Game 1 :)

Superstar with 4-17. Born Ready with 4-13. As for Hibbert? I'll leave it to Arenas and T Mac..

Bm6vzpNIIAAU7L5.jpg:large
    Tracy McGrady @Real_T_Mac
    Me and Roy Hibbert had the same amount of points and rebounds tonight.

Bm65DLSCYAE8yTT.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Clippers shooting lights out early doors. CP3 is knocking down everything.

Well then. The Clippers scored 69 points in THE FIRST HALF, lead the Thunder by 17!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

6/6 3's from CP3 so far, unbelievable.

Still stunned if I'm quite honest. Doc kept it short and sweet in the post-game press conference, but one line defined that game.

"We just had one of those nights."

OKC actually played alright for stretches. They put up over 100 points and they had some good moments throughout the game, but the Clippers, man were they red hot all night. It's rare enough to see that for a player outside a few of the usual suspects. Blake and CP3 are capable of it for sure, but to see a team do that, well... all you can do is hold your hands up and say fair play. Last night will go under one of CP's best ever nights in the NBA, for sure. Maybe Game 1 was a shock to the system for OKC after their war with the Grizzlies, who knows. I think they eased off a level or two after the Grizzlies series. OKC's bench offered nothing though and that has to change. The Clippers bench killed them in comparison. Game 2 shall be fascinating at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Bit late with my predictions for the second rnd.
    As a man of honour, I won't predict the ones that have started already.

Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards
    Hope the Wizards win. Will be tight low-scoring affairs for the most part.
    [no prediction]

Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets
    Pierce and KG were too old last year. Lucky to even make it past the Raptors.
    Might capitalise on some Heat rustiness in game 1, but that will be as good as it gets for the Nets.
    [Miami 4-0]

San Antonio Spurs vs. Portland Trail Blazers
    Spurs have better depth. Bench production will see them home.
    [Spurs in 6]

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers
    I like the Clippers, but as a Miami fan I think I'd prefer OKC to win.
    We swept them 2 years ago when they were arguably stronger. Harden is gone now and I just think they're a better matchup for the Heat. They turn the ball over a lot and their bigs won't hurt us much offensively.
    Clippers with BG and DJ could destroy us. CP3 takes better care of the ball too.
    [no prediction]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Only saw the Pacers-Wizards game, looked a lot like when they played the Bulls, look like they have more talent, play good defense, and have surprisingly good rebounding.

Beat the Pacers 17-6 on offensive rebounds, and 53-36 on total rebounds. Did a similar number on the Bulls which surprised me. For the Pacers, it probably doesn't help when your starting center can't stay in the game.

Wizards shooting 62% from 3 won't continue, but a good start for the series.

Listening to the BS Report with Ric Bucher on the way to work today. Really interesting podcast I thought, particulary on the Warriors, who Bucher covers locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

padraig_f wrote: »
    Beat the Pacers 17-6 on offensive rebounds, and 53-36 on total rebounds. Did a similar number on the Bulls which surprised me. For the Pacers, it probably doesn't help when your starting center can't stay in the game.

Just reviewing box-scores from the Bulls series, the Bulls actually never got out-rebounded this badly, 45-39 was the worst and that was with the Bulls shooting poorly (so some easy defensive rebounds for the Wiz). That's a problem for the Pacers then, both teams shot 41% from the field last night, but the Wizards had a big advantage in rebounding.

After the last few games........

d86c4632da9d855f6c1423380390e86a_crop_north.png?w=759&h=506&q=75

I'm running a day behind this season so only got to see the Clippers game there.

Just to add to what I don't see mentioned, CP3 broke a play off record with his 3 point shooting.

He had tied the most consecutive 3s (by Robert Horry in 1997) which was 7 before hitting his 8th and taking the record outright.
    Missed his 9th then soon after.

Funny that as I'd personally be of the opinion that his 3 point shots are considerably poor for such a good rounded PG.
    I think after the first 3/4, he shot it more than he would of since he was feeling it.

That run hurt the Thunder as much as the Warriors run of 3s in the first quarter of game 5(?) which saw them score 39 and hold the 15 odd lead for the rest of the game.

Icebergs melting are quicker than the pace of this game.

Miami are killing Brooklyn in the paint, but Joe Johnson is keeping the latter kinda in the game. Nets down 13 going into the final quarter.

• Advertisement

Miami not letting up. This will be a blowout. :)

Nice to see Battier and Allen showing some form.

Comfortable winners in the end. Old legs and tiredness crept in a little I reckon, but Miami played well overall. Felt they were going to use tonight as a statement game and they did.

Blazers - Spurs next up.

Blazers finding out that it's much harder to score when James Harden isn't on the floor..

KG had Hibbert-like numbers tonight. (0pts and 4 rebounds)

I wonder if T-Mac will call him out on twitter like he did with Roy.
    I suspect not.

Blazers finding out that it's much harder to score when James Harden isn't on the floor..

I'm calling this as the second blowout of the night right now.
    Spurs just way too good for Portland.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Miami make a statement with the big W and the points in the paint stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just noticed Jason Terry is no longer a Nets player and hasn't played at all for his new team (the Kings). Totally missed that. Talk about off-radar.

BQQ wrote: »
    KG had Hibbert-like numbers tonight. (0pts and 4 rebounds)

I wonder if T-Mac will call him out on twitter like he did with Roy.
    I suspect not.

I don't like defending KG, but..

One is an All Star this year who was should be around for another decade and was being clamored for DPOY for a team that were going to win it all by many early doors.

The other is on his last legs.. and I'm being kind :)
    BQQ wrote: »
    I'm calling this as the second blowout of the night right now.
    Spurs just way too good for Portland.

They were up 22 at the time my last post, so it wasn't a hard call to make, man :D

I only watched the first half before crashing for the night, but it's clear Pop learned from Asik on Aldridge in the opening round and threw Splitter on him. Splitter did an excellent job in the first half. Parker's aggressiveness from Game 7 against the Mavs carried on into this game too. He really attacked Lillard's defensive frailties. Lastly, Blazers just had an astonishingly poor shooting night (1H anyway!). Don't think it will be a sweep, but if Spurs play like that and Stotts doesn't make the required adjustments, this won't go past 5 games.

It's been a disappointing start to the semi finals after the highs and lows of the opening round I must say.

They were up 22 at the time my last post, so it wasn't a hard call to make, man :D

I only watched the first half before crashing for the night, but it's clear Pop learned from Asik on Aldridge in the opening round and threw Splitter on him. Splitter did an excellent job in the first half. Parker's aggressiveness from Game 7 against the Mavs carried on into this game too. He really attacked Lillard's defensive frailties. Lastly, Blazers just had an astonishingly poor shooting night (1H anyway!). Don't think it will be a sweep, but if Spurs play like that and Stotts doesn't make the required adjustments, this won't go past 5 games.

It's been a disappointing start to the semi finals after the highs and lows of the opening round I must say.

Yeah, not exactly Nostradamus :o
    Basically, I meant that there would be no comeback from the Blazers.
    Looks like being a short series alright.

• Advertisement

Only just saw the Heat/Nets game there (i hate exams) but Nets did look tired out there. Miami never let up with their shooting (esp with all their points in the paint). Heat are now in playoffs mode

Advertisement