Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hopefully OKC square up the series now.

Awesome pace to this game.

MVP is going off already.

BnE_WENCAAAlPrn.jpg:large

Pic of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

Clips lucky to still be in this game, their 3s and bad ref calls keeping them in it.

Not much to say since my last comment. Blowout win and series levelled at 1-1, the 1-2 punch were excellent, all the OKC players were, to be fair.

Russ and KD both need an assist each for their respective triple doubles as I type with 3.40 remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Not much to say since my last comment. Blowout win and series levelled at 1-1, the 1-2 punch were excellent, all the OKC players were, to be fair.

Russ and KD both need an assist each for their respective triple doubles as I type with 3.40 remaining.

Westbrook got it but it was no where near an assist, pretty shady work by the home court stat guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bit biased at this stage, but thought it was a fairly fortunate win for the Pacers. Got the big game from Hibbert and still only scraped a win at home. 28 points on 10-13 shooting, expect a regression back down to the mean from him (averaged only 11ppg on the season).

The Wizards held Stephenson and Paul George to low shooting percentages, which looks repeatable, they do a good job of controlling the paint and force you into a lot of inefficient jump shots.

Beal continues to impress, will be an all-star next year if he continues this form.

Wizards shot the ball pretty well, but the 3 wasn't there (23%), missing some fairly open ones in the 4th (Wall, 2-13, biggest offender here).

Expect them to get back on track in game 3, they still look a better team to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The award for the most ironic arena name goes to...... the Chesapeake ENERGY Arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Wiz bailed out the Pacers by taking horrible shots late in the 4th.

Anyway, love this quote.
    Roy Hibbert postgame, on clearing his mind with PG on the water:

“I haven’t been in the flow of the offense as much so I put a lot of pressure on myself to get out there and do things and I think it weighed on me a little bit. This is just a start. I seriously believe that the biggest person that helped me out here tonight was Paul. Yesterday after practice, he invited me out on his boat and we fished for about two hours, and just relaxed and didn’t talk about basketball. We just talked about life and trying to catch some bass. He reached out and got my mind off things. Hopefully it’s something I can build on and he’s a great teammate so I really do appreciate him reaching out because he didn’t have to.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Myla Shallow Sunblock

thats one way to intimidate the opposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Wow, Heat on just 15 pts after the first. Bosh only player to hit more than one shot while Livingston is 4 for 4 and Teletovic hits a 3 with 2 scs left. Livingston is really underrated he was great in the Toronto series. Teletovic is a player that can be a real X factor for Brooklyn IMO but he doesn't always get minutes.

Deron Williams has never been a good defender, but now he's just a joke. I can't tell who the former all-star is, he or Chalmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Doesn't sit right with me that the first FT any of Brooklyn's 'Big 4' have attempted was at 8:08 in Game 2!

This game reminds me of Miami vs Boston a couple of years ago :pac:

Brooklyn are being done in by the refs.

Please retire KG. My God..

Allen is out rebounding the Nets centers, yup, that's a real thing.

BnKBkDlCUAAKc7l.jpg:large

Deary, deary me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Lol
    Lebron with the 4th chance layup.

Timeout Brooklyn.
    Kidd must be ready to explode

When Teletovic is your C, chances are you're not gonna be ripping down rebounds.

One field goal in the last 6 minutes.

• Advertisement

Time for Nets fans to get them "Missing Deron Williams" posters back.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

7 Spurs in double figures in a play off game. It's pretty much impossible to beat a team that does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Time for Nets fans to get them "Missing Deron Williams" posters back.

He's been shockingly bad since he got his mega-contract. You get an odd glimpse here and there of how good he could be, but nothing on a consistent basis. Looking at his play over the last 2 seasons, it's hard to believe he's just 29 (he's looking older, he's certainly playing older), was an All Star as recently as 2012, was on the 2012 Olympic team, was All NBA 2nd team in 2010 and was taken ahead of Chris Paul in the draft. Dallas and Mark Cuban must be thrilled they didn't get him when he left Utah.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That's just idiotic. What on earth is Bird playing at? You can't just throw about money like that on an injury prone player without ensuring fitness first.

That's just idiotic. What on earth is Bird playing at? You can't just throw about money like that on an injury prone player without ensuring fitness first.

In fairness, Bird wouldn't take a chance Bynum could play for Miami, and neutralise Hibbert in the playoffs. It was only a million dollar gamble.

Bynum was so toxic when the cavs let him go that he only had value as a reclamation project for a team that needed him for a handful of minutes down the road, ie contending teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

NufcNavan wrote: »
    In fairness, Bird wouldn't take a chance Bynum could play for Miami, and neutralise Hibbert in the playoffs. It was only a million dollar gamble.

Bynum was so toxic when the cavs let him go that he only had value as a reclamation project for a team that needed him for a handful of minutes down the road, ie contending teams.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Miami had already ruled themselves out of signing him before the Pacers deal.
    (probably because he wouldn't take a physical)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Finally finished my exams so I can now get back to watching the Playoffs :)
    BQQ wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Miami had already ruled themselves out of signing him before the Pacers deal.
    (probably because he wouldn't take a physical)

Yep, Miami wanted nothing to do with him once he was a free agent. Indy wanted a big man for the run-in, took the (massive) risk and it never went to plan (I doubt that plan ever started tbh). To see that Indy actually signed Bynum without him having a physical is just poor management and the deal shouldn't have gone ahead at all

Speaking of Indy, massive Game 3 tonight in Washington starting at 1 a.m

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Game 3 in Washington. Who wins? Depends on which Roy Hibbert shows, Should be a great game,

• Advertisement

Finally finished my exams so I can now get back to watching the Playoffs :)

Yep, Miami wanted nothing to do with him once he was a free agent. Indy wanted a big man for the run-in, took the (massive) risk and it never went to plan (I doubt that plan ever started tbh). To see that Indy actually signed Bynum without him having a physical is just poor management and the deal shouldn't have gone ahead at all

Speaking of Indy, massive Game 3 tonight in Washington starting at 1 a.m
    In what world was it a massive risk. It was a 1 mill deal to fill the 15th man on the roster.

If it worked out, great. Pacers got 15 min a game from a highly skilled center, and an added big to throw at the Heat down the line.

If it didn't work out (always the more likely), Ian still got his minutes when Roy came out.

This was a perfectly defensible decision by Bird, and one that I hope he'd have the balls to make every single time. Will it always work out? Of course not. But what is the downside? I don't believe the made up crap that it freaked out Hibbert somehow, and that Bynum was the manifestation of Satan on Earth.

Oh, and having exams is a weak excuse for not watching Playoffs :p I'm in the middle of them myself. Hope they went well.

Advertisement