Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Missed the games last night but 0 posts in here about them :eek:

Nets went 15/25 from 3, only the fifth time in playoff history that a team has taken 25 and shot 60% or more.

Parker had 29 points against the Trail Blazers, looks like the break he had in April is paying off big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Missed the games last night but 0 posts in here about them :eek:

Nets went 15/25 from 3, only the fifth time in playoff history that a team has taken 25 and shot 60% or more.

Parker had 29 points against the Trail Blazers, looks like the break he had in April is paying off big time.

Yeah, my habit has been to watch the 2nd-half or 4th-quarter of games the following day on gamepass, or the first half if it was on at 12. This worked quite well for the first round where there were a lot of close games, but in the 2nd round a lot of the games have been one-sided, and I've ended up not watching much of the 2nd halves.

From what I've seen, by a good distance the best series is Clippers-Thunder, two very good teams.

Wizards-Pacers is close, but wow, it looked poor quality the other night in game 3.

Heat-Nets will get interesting if the Nets can take game 4, but obviously setting records for 3-pointers isn't something you can repeat easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Clippers/Thunders starting up there in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Blake griffin felt that one.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

852535697.gif?1399837044

I grimaced admittedly.

OKC are on course for 500 points. Haven't missed so far. Up big midway through the 1st.

• Advertisement

It's very early, but I dare say the Clippers are nearing the the danger zone if not already in it.

Man it is quiet in here lately

Thunder up 63-51 with most of the third to play

Man it is quiet in here lately

Thunder up 63-51 with most of the third to play

Dem blowouts, chief. Only so much people can say :p

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Dem blowouts, chief. Only so much people can say :p

True. We were spoiled with the 1st round this year and amounts of Game 7's and close finishes, Round 2 has just been............ meh really

We have a game it seems!

OKC up 6 with 6 minutes left.

• Advertisement

and it only took the best part of 3 and a bit quarters to get going!

Clippers down 5

It's a 1 point game...

OKC falling apart here, horrible turnover and only up 1 now

Thunder timeout

Scott Brooks, etc, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looked at the score earlier and assumed it would be a white wash, now I've tuned in just in time!!

Jesus, the Thunder have just thrown this away. Clippers up by 4

What just happened.

They did throw it away:eek::eek: What a comeback by the Clippers, they win it 101-99 and the series is tied at 2

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

Thunder have only themselves to blame there. Absolutely atrocious levels of carelessness there to lose that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ladies and gentlemen, Scott Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

shockin performance by KD in 4th - he actually looked intimidated by chris paul guarding him. best thing that happened to clips was maybe blake griffin being on 5 fouls so they had to put cp3 on durant haha mental stuff

Imagine if a Doc Rivers, Thibs, Van Gundy or Pop were coaching this OKC team. Sigh.

We go on about Nuri and Brooks here but it's more than warranted now

Brooks has to take the blame. Don't think I've ever seen a team come out with such a careless attitude than OKC did in the 4th. They pretty much thought the game was done after 3 and didn't respond when the Clippers went on a run. Botched their timeouts, drew some horrible plays, didn't foul when they needed to.... man, I can't believe that the Clippers have leveled the series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Surely the players have to take the blame for this one. I mean, 38 points in the 4th..

Collins made a great point that OKC was not complacent, but fell back on bad habits, ie: iso plays galore. Brooks is still a fool though for not seeing this and adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Looked at the score earlier and assumed it would be a white wash, now I've tuned in just in time!!
    Ditto, shocked when I saw the final score!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

cant blame scott brooks for 3 turnovers by his best player in the 4th quarter

Korrayls wrote: »
    cant blame scott brooks for 3 turnovers by his best player in the 4th quarter

This is a far bigger issue than KD turnovers or even this game as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Great game. Gotta love Chris Paul, doesn't look physically 100% and still doing so much....guarding Durant effectively on one end, setting up guys and scoring on the other.

What is he, 6'1 vs. Durant's 6'11? And when they moved Granger onto Durant, van Gundy said 'Durant will have an easier time now'.

Advertisement