Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    There was a Solange chant at one or two points during the game.

Tell the truth Ade, you started them.....:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bni1EYUCQAAVPdC.jpg:large

BnjgIq2IgAAl49C.jpg:medium

This man be dominating, Marcin 'The Dream' Gortat. Wall stepping up big time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wizards have the same amount of offensive rebounds as Pacers have total rebounds. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Gortat having himself a game. I like when players step up in the playoffs, unlike the entire Pacers team tonight.

• Advertisement

Wizards have the same amount of offensive rebounds as Pacers have total rebounds. :pac:

That's unbelievable.

padraig_f wrote: »
    That's unbelievable.

It's worse now. 17 offensive for Wizards. 15 total rebounds for Pacers.

What a joke.

50 rebounds to 15 after 3 quarters.

50 rebounds to 15 after 3 quarters.

Gortat - 16
    Pacers - 15

I smell a game 7 after this whupping

Copeland resorting to wrestling moves to try and get a defensive rebound.

• Advertisement

A good point made by my 9 year old cousin here. Maybe the Pacers are punishing the home crowd for being so bad :D

Gortat - 16
    Pacers - 15

I smell a game 7 after this whupping

You'd like to think they're due a very good home game eventually, hopefully it's Game 6!

The Wizards are outrebounding the Pacers 60-20.

BnjvxhOIEAAFy_E.jpg:medium

The Wizards win by 23 points and outrebounded the Pacers 62-23. Gortat with 31 points & 16 rebounds and Wall with 27 points. Pacers head to Washington 3-2 up.

OKC - Clippers up next.

Thabo pulled a DeAndre Jordan on DeAndre Jordan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Bni1EYUCQAAVPdC.jpg:large

Is that meant to a good or bad thing, I take it as bad cos he shoots so God damn much
    Had an argument with a friend saying I thought LeBron is a fair bit better than durrant, I think LeBron could get the scoring record every year if he wanted.

Or maybe the pic is just art, I may be missing something :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

This is just magnificent. Clips 6 secs to win game. 1 down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: What a comeback by OC, backed under 220.5 pts in play, my heart was in my mouth with those free trows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That was one of the most ridiculous minute of sporting action I have ever witnessed.

Unreal series this. Actually don't know we're to start with that. All I can say is this series is a refereeing circus. Doc rivers nearly lost it.

• Advertisement

That was one of the most ridiculous minute of sporting action I have ever witnessed.

I completely agree!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Well, that was amazing.

Complete bull**** by the officials. Ball called going off Reggie Jackson, they go to review, clearly comes off Jackson, and they change the call and award the ball to OKC.

edit: I see from here it was originally given to OKC:

Here’s the controversial out-of-bounds play that is going to get Doc Rivers fined (VIDEO)

Still bull****.

The Polish Hammer nails Pacers..............this series ain't over. If washington play to the form they showed aginst the Bulls then we're going 7. And having comprehensively beaten the Pacers on their own turf last night, I'd say they fancy their chances.

OKC and Clipps game I only saw the highlights of earlier this morning. haven't seen a decent replay of the Chris Paul foul on Westbrook, but regardless, it was a stupid shot by Westbrook with that much time on the clock. Very poor shot selection and he got bailed out by the call.

The other call? Well, Barnes did foul so I guess I'm torn on it. To quote the Master of the T, "ball don't lie". That said, the refs messed it up. I can see why Doc was going crazy, but he's getting a fine for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Complete bull**** by the officials. Ball called going off Reggie Jackson, they go to review, clearly comes off Jackson, and they change the call and award the ball to OKC.

edit: I see from here it was originally given to OKC:

Here’s the controversial out-of-bounds play that is going to get Doc Rivers fined (VIDEO)

Still bull****.

I agree 100%

It may be pocket talk as I backed the clippers to win this game and this series, but that was the most outrageous call I've seen since the infamous Sacramento screw job.
    To actually review the video in slow motion and say it came off Barnes :confused::mad::confused::eek:

I agree with Rivers, they thought it was a foul and it was a makeup call. But that's still wrong, fouls have never been reviewable, they can't just make up the rules with 10 seconds left in a playoff game.
    Doc Rivers was angry. “It was our ball. Everybody knows it was our ball. I think the bottom line was they thought it was a foul and they made up for it. In my opinion, let’s take away replay. Let’s take away the replay system. Because that’s our ball and we win the game. And we got robbed because of that call. It was clear. Everybody in the arena saw it and that’s why everybody was so shocked when they said Oklahoma City. That was our ball. Whether it was a foul or not — it was — but they didn’t call it … We made our own mistakes, we turned the ball over, we fouled the 3-point shooter, we did a lot of stuff to lose the game ourselves. But at the end of the day, we have a replay system that you’re supposed to look at, and I don’t want to hear about how they didn’t have that replay, that’s a bunch of crap. That’s what I heard, that’s a bunch of crap and you all know it and we did our own stuff, we should have never lost that game. We stopped playing with three minutes left, we milked the clock, we turned the ball over, we come out of a timeout and we’re supposed to foul Durant before he took the 3. So we made a comedy of errors, having said that we still have the right to win the game if the ball says it’s ours and that didn’t happen. That’s too bad, too bad for us. All right, we have two more games to play, but that could be a series-defining call, and that’s not right."

I also agree with him that Clippers screwed up and tried to milk the clock too much when they were up 13. I think what makes it worse if you watched the game is that in no way did the Thunder deserve to win that game, and to win in that fashion is especially galling.

Daily Thunder, where I got the quote from, has an excellent blog on the game:
    Something happened and the Thunder won Game 5

Very fair considering what side he's coming from.

Not enough talk about that CP3 attempt to get 3 FTs finally backfiring. He's tried to do it many times before. Hilarious. Also, Blake was near throwing Thabo to the floor on that last play which isn't getting a mention when CP3 had a chance to win it.

At the end of the day, the Clippers got what they deserved and in turn previously, the same thing happened to OKC last game.

Also, they can thank the refs for getting past Golden State too.

The Polish Hammer nails Pacers..............this series ain't over. If washington play to the form they showed aginst the Bulls then we're going 7. And having comprehensively beaten the Pacers on their own turf last night, I'd say they fancy their chances.

OKC and Clipps game I only saw the highlights of earlier this morning. haven't seen a decent replay of the Chris Paul foul on Westbrook, but regardless, it was a stupid shot by Westbrook with that much time on the clock. Very poor shot selection and he got bailed out by the call.

The other call? Well, Barnes did foul so I guess I'm torn on it. To quote the Master of the T, "ball don't lie". That said, the refs messed it up. I can see why Doc was going crazy, but he's getting a fine for that.

That playoff experience is showing up at times this series, otherwise it'd be a Washington sweep or 4-1. They should have won Game 2 and 4, no two ways about it, but for some epic choking from numerous Washington players. Pacers are fortunate that Nene hurt himself in Game 2 as well. He hasn't been the same since, though last night it didn't matter little as Gortat picked up his slack and then some.

That playoff experience is all but lacking for them, otherwise it'd be a Washington sweep or 4-1. They should have won Game 2 and 4, no two ways about it, but for some epic choking. Pacers are fortunate that Nene hurt himself in Game 2 as well. He hasn't been the same since, though last night it didn't matter little as Gortat picked up his slack and then some.

Agreed.

I saw them winning this in 5 I think as per the pre-series prediction list on here. Have a feeling it'll go 7 and then it's a real psychological as well as physical battle in Game 7. Win and Washington advance their development 12 months, lose and it's still a learning experience for them. If the Pacers lose however they're looking at 99 problems (just keeping it real with Jigga :D).

Got sent the attached by my sister this morning. Kinda funny. :)

• Advertisement

Not enough talk about that CP3 attempt to get 3 FTs finally backfiring. He's tried to do it many times before. Hilarious. Also, Blake was near throwing Thabo to the floor on that last play which isn't getting a mention when CP3 had a chance to win it.

That was covered by Rivers when he said the Clippers screwed up. Paul also owned it. But they're not comparable. Getting something wrong in the heat of a game happens. Getting something wrong when you're viewing it from multiple angles on replay isn't the same thing. I have no problem if the refs call it off OKC in real time, the game moves fast, it happens.

The whole point of the replay is you get it right. There are huge negatives to video replay, the whole game gets stopped for 2 minutes. It takes all the momentum out of the game. The balancing side of this is you're supposed to get calls right. If you're still going to get calls wrong, and have all these negatives associated with video replay, I agree with him, scrap it (and I was for video review when it was brought in).

This iconic play can't happen in today's NBA:

because once it goes out of bounds we're having a 2 minute stoppage for video review. And the Pistons have a chance to calm themselves and take a timeout.

That's a massive negative because you're removing spontanaiety from the game. If you're removing plays like that, you better get the calls right.

Advertisement