Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    . Also, Blake was near throwing Thabo to the floor on that last play which isn't getting a mention when CP3 had a chance to win it.

Just saw that there now. That should, but won't, end any complaining from Clippers fans.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

For anyone who hasn't seen the last minute of the game -

Chuck is spot on IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Chuck is spot on IMHO.

Don't agree. On the play in question, he basically says the refs applied the rule incorrectly, because they took into account the missed foul, which they're not allowed to do.

Then mixes it up with a whole load of other stuff.

Players make mistakes, what's new? Listening to those guys in the studio, it was like they never made a mistake in a game.

There's a world of difference between a player making a mistake in a game, and 3 refs making a technical error standing around for 2 minutes watching it on video replay.

Coach Nick I think has agood summary of the last minute:
    How the Thunder came back in Game 5 against the Clippers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Read another piece on the Sterling thing and there was an interesting question posed by Mrs. Sterling insofar as she asked if it was the wife of an owner who said what Donald said would they be talking about forcing the husband to sell? It's an interesting and fair question, but one that I doubt will be answered in this debate.

I know Magic would probably have an opinion on this.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Complete meltdown from the Clippers but that officiating was some of the worst I have ever seen. It wasn't even close to being Thunder ball and if the refs are taking into account the fact it should have been a foul then that says more about their incompetence than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

ive watched that replay a few times now - if u watch it again, barnes gets a few fingertips to the ball then it seems jacksons palm is behind the ball pushing it forward out of bounds. after watching it a few times im a bit confused because u cant tell from front facing camera angle if jacksons hand (although behind ball) is actually in contact with it after barnes gets the few fingertips to knock it out of his hands initially. interesting

refs have been shocking for both teams in this series to be fair!!

I know Magic would probably have an opinion on this.....:rolleyes:

He will once he's finished praying for Sterling

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/13/us/magic-johnson-donald-sterling-interview/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Praying he'll get the Clippers for a steal more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Interested to see the NBA's response to the missed call. I notice since Silver took over they've been more transparent about this stuff. There was a game at the end of the regular season, Mavs-Warriors that was decided on a missed goal-tend. The Warriors won the game on it, and it affected playoff seeding. The NBA admitted after the game the call was wrong.

So just interested to see what they say about this one. It may be harder to admit, because it was reviewed on replay, and admitting to getting replay review wrong would be opening a can of worms for them (everyone accepts refs can get things wrong in real-time, not so easy to admit they got it wrong after video review). So they may fudge it as 'inconclusive', like the refs did.

I'd like to see them admit it, because it would indicate problems with the video review, which I think there are. I'm not really in favour of scrapping it altogether, but I think it needs to be reformed. Various problems like the arbitary two minute rule, can't review an out-of-bounds with 2:20 left, but can 30 seconds later. Was thinking a better alternative might be like the NFL, remove it for standard out-of-bounds/clear-path etc. but give the coaches two challenges, and possibly let them review fouls too.

Coaches and players generally know when an incorrect call has been made, and know what's important, so this would mean it's kept to the important stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Miami-Brooklyn and San Antonio-Portland Game 5's on tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Miami-Brooklyn and San Antonio-Portland Game 5's on tonight

Both Miami and San Antonio to wrap it up for me.

I love the birdman!Pity he is a foul machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Miami attempted 16 three-pointers in that first half and made 1
    Wade keeping them in it.

Teletovic doing a cantona there...well in an accidental way. Joe Johnson swish, hasn't hit the rim in any of his buckets

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Don't like the Miami timeout there. They had all the momentum and it gives the Nets a chance to regroup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Going with over 209 Pts in the Portland game, have the points around 224 myself.

Miami showing that cliche cliche

Is this actually gonna happen again!!!!!?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The refs have been AWFUL in these playoffs. Even worse than usual.

• Advertisement

Yeah, not like there's a Off season thread or anything, but you knew that.

Brooklyn just never really got going in crunch time. I was somewhat confident after keeping up with the barrages of scoring from Miami a couple of times in the third, they might just see it out, but alas the Heat found another gear.

Bit of an anticlimax last night in San Antonio. Portland have been a hell of a lot of fun, but it'll be interesting what deals they make in the off season to improve. Likewise how many teams for now on will put a center on Aldridge for now on. Ever since Game 3 onwards when Asik was thrown on him, he's been dreadful bar perhaps one game at most since, and even then it was just a couple of quarters he picked up his points.

The sileant assassins that are San Antonio quietly go about their business whilst everyone watches all the other games......

If it's them and the Heat, I sincerely hope they cross the line this year. Home court should help them to do that. In a 7 game series, you have to think OKC's inconsistency will cost them against the ultra reliable Spurs.

Beal and Ariza haven't even got going yet.

Be afraid, DRD. Be very afraid.

Lack of intensity is appalling. Crowd not doing anything neither.

Beal and Ariza haven't even got going yet.

Be afraid, DRD. Be very afraid.

Washington have the gun pointed at their face. Plenty of time for a comeback, but I’m not seeing it. Weirdly, if it had been the Hawks, I would have felt differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Lack of intensity is appalling. Crowd not doing anything neither.
    Yep. Wizards look beaten already. Terrible game, as often is the case with the Pacers playing. The 0-0 merchants of basketball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

A game of basketball is in danger of breaking out here. The Pacers won't like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Back to the Eastern Conference finals. In unconvincing fashion maybe, but there all the same. No doubt the Pacers are capable of getting past Miami, but the way they played against ATL and WAS will not suffice against the Heat. Everyone will have up their game for the next step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Is that humility :eek:

Advertisement