Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Game 4 in the East is do or die for Indiana. Miami go 3 - 1 up, Its game over. Indiana tie it at 2 - 2, Its all to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Aaaah! Fell asleep and missed all the fun.

Just going by the stats/highlights, it looks like the real Miami defense turned up.
    Pacers had 80 shots and just 11 turnovers in game 2
    only 65 shots and 19 turnovers in game 3.

Hopefully more of the same in game 4. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

OH went back into hospital last night so missed the game (and explains my general lack of boards activity over the last few days). Haven't seen the game or highlights even (tbh I forgot it was on) but top line looks like they've figured out how to beat Indiana in 2nd gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

OH went back into hospital last night so missed the game (and explains my general lack of boards activity over the last few days). Haven't seen the game or highlights even (tbh I forgot it was on) but top line looks like they've figured out how to beat Indiana in 2nd gear.

Hope all is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hope all is well :)

Ta dude. Really makes you wonder about the Health Care System when the best diagnosis after 3 stays, countless tests and consultations that it's...and I quote...."an infection - or something else". Graduates from the Lance Stephenson School Of Medicine methinks.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Ta dude. Really makes you wonder about the Health Care System when the best diagnosis after 3 stays, countless tests and consultations that it's...and I quote...."an infection - or something else". Graduates from the Lance Stephenson School Of Medicine methinks.....

Same thing happened me this time last year they weren't sure so just said I probably had a virus... talk about a cost presumption.

Back in OKC, Ibaka doesnt seem to have much lift in his jumpshot judging by the videos Royce Young is uploading on his instagram.

Could this be a big mistake by OKC or all just a ploy?

Edit: Serge is starting and Reggie Jackson replacing Thabo in the starting line up.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

stuba wrote: »
    Same thing happened me this time last year they weren't sure so just said I probably had a virus... talk about a cost presumption.

Back in OKC, Ibaka doesnt seem to have much lift in his jumpshot judging by the videos Royce Young is uploading on his instagram.

Could this be a big mistake by OKC or all just a ploy?

Edit: Serge is starting and Reggie Jackson replacing Thabo in the starting line up.

Think it was a ploy.

Hopefully it's Reggie at the point and not Russ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Looking forward to this immensely! I like the look of this OKC starting 5.

Ibaka and Green are engulfed in flames, great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

thunder on the sharp end a few awful calls in that first quarter. perkins 3 fouls (2 of them were a joke) this means ibaka will really be stretched minute wise. is it me or do the darling spurs get some nice calls from refs more so than any other team.

• Advertisement

Korrayls wrote: »
    thunder on the sharp end a few awful calls in that first quarter. perkins 3 fouls (2 of them were a joke) this means ibaka will really be stretched minute wise.

Agreed.
    is it me or do the darling spurs get some nice calls from refs more so than any other team.

Miami and OKC get more decisions in their favour than any other team.

edit - Clippers too.

the difference ibaka makes - okc roster to thin on pure talent to be missing his presence. could he be coming back to haunt popovic once again????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Good game, major quality difference between WCF and ECF.

Russ and Parker have been comically bad.

The end of the half... :pac:

Manu thinks he's Danny Green tonight.

HT: OKC 57-53 Spurs

Ibaka makes a big difference alright, denying those lane drives to Parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

The amount of offensive rebounds OKC are getting in the 3rd quarter is ridiculous.

I really enjoy not seeing Sefalosha anywhere near this game.

thunder on the sharp end a few awful calls in that first quarter. perkins 3 fouls (2 of them were a joke) this means ibaka will really be stretched minute wise. is it me or do the darling spurs get some nice calls from refs more so than any other team.

Not tonight anyway, Thunder 28 free throw attempts - Spurs 7, through 3 quarters.

I'm not going to lie. I spat out some of my beer in laughter at the fail Russ dunk 5 minutes or so ago.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Brooks for making adjustments. Yay, praise. Take a pic :pac:

Ibaka was sensational tonight.

OKC pull a game back, Spurs up 2-1 now in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Good old Pop

Big concern for the Spurs how defensively they were shut down in that game. It was worse than it looks on the scoreboard because they shot the 3 fairly efficiently.

Main difference is Ibaka's defense of Parker's pick-and-roll, he can switch onto Parker on the pick and stay with him, denying Parker lane access, and it makes such a big difference.

Still up 2-1 with home court, but got a real fight on their hands now. Will be an opportunity in game 4 because you'd expect a slight let-down from the Thunder (i.e. 'we've got Ibaka back now, everything's ok'), and maybe Ibaka's conditioning affects him more there. But even with that, it'll be tough.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Not tonight anyway, Thunder 28 free throw attempts - Spurs 7, through 3 quarters.

foul count was even though mate - its just spurs were over limit very early in third.

Jeremy Lamb will get the same minutes in game 4 I reckon, get him out there early, I though he brought a different dynamic defensively, quickness of feet and a high press on ginobili. was very impressed by lamb, Im usually the first to be critical.

Interesting to see Collison and Sefelosha not seeing any minutes. But the clear difference was Ibaka, protecting the lane, freeing up others to take care of Duncan/Ginobili/Parker up close. 40 points in the paint last night for the Spurs, 120 in the first 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Birdman's out tonight. Big break for the Pacers in what is simply a must win game.

foul count was even though mate - its just spurs were over limit very early in third.

Your point makes no sense. When the Spurs went over the foul count they should have made a concerted effort to stop fouling. OKC fouled well, by not sending the Spurs to the line often, and not fouling the shooter. Again I think people are getting carried away with one game again. The Thunder were supposed to win that game last night, and they did. We don't know that Ibaka will be able to play like he did last night for the rest of the series. Adrenaline can get you through one game, but having only 1 day off could prove difficult for them. Pop is the best coach in the league and willl be ready for the game tomorrow night, I imagine the rotation may be slightly tweeked. I think OKC have a let down game tomorrow night, and the Spurs wrestle back control of the series.

Tonights game should be really interesting. I anticipate that it will be really tight, giving a slight edge to the Heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Paully D wrote: »
    Birdman's out tonight. Big break for the Pacers in what is simply a must win game.

Yep, Lewis replaces him, a massive boost for Indy. Total minutes that Chalmers-Wade-LeBron-Lewis-Bosh have played this postseason: 3

Paully D wrote: »

Don't have a lot of confidence, but the Pacers should probably go to West & Hibbert more on offense to exploit this, take advantage of the smaller matchups and put foul pressure on the depleted Heat front-court.

• Advertisement

On NBA Countdown there they had a camera inside Pacers locker room. Vogel is going all Mark Jackson talking about "Big Brother and Little Brother" and "Looking at eachother in the eye" and then the camera pans to the players and to a man they are all totally zoned out. Brilliant!

Advertisement