Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh hi there Bosh.

Also, burn it with fire!

BomiyRdCMAAEBTG.jpg:medium

Chalmers with a block on Hibbert a little earlier was lol worthy.

Feels like Miami should be up by double digits, but the Pacers bench did alright after George made bonehead play after bonehead play, along with Born Ready and Hibbert doing nothing. Miami up 5 at the half.

The Heat’s faith in Rashard Lewis’ ability to score is beyond my comprehension.

Pacers level the series!

Just joking.

Miami win by 12, go 3-1 up.

I bet you and Big Roy had the same amount of points tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

buyer95 wrote: »
    On NBA Countdown there they had a camera inside Pacers locker room. Vogel is going all Mark Jackson talking about "Big Brother and Little Brother" and "Looking at eachother in the eye" and then the camera pans to the players and to a man they are all totally zoned out. Brilliant!

Not 1 Pacer player looked interested in what Vogel said and it pretty much showed on the court. Heat deserved the win last night and can put Indy away tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

Heat with a nice little stroll to the finals it seems. Too easy for them in the east. Born ready was shocking last night, said before the game he needs to shoot close to 20points to beat miami. he was on a big fat zero for much of the game. uselss

Game 1 seems to have flown by him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pacers lose again and DRD remains conspicuous by his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Think its time to fire Vogel. Heat are gonna be in great shape with whoever they play next, barely out of second gear.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Game 1 seems to have flown by him :pac:

I'm not sure George hasn't fully recovered from his concussion judging by that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Raf32 wrote: »
    Think its time to fire Vogel. Heat are gonna be in great shape with whoever they play next, barely out of second gear.

Yeah, I think this is the move. Wouldn't be an easy decision because he's not terrible, but you look at the offense and you think it should be doing better, there is some talent there...Stephenson, George, West....Hill and Hibbert aren't total stiffs either. To me it looks like they're not getting the most out of it.

He's had a couple of cracks at it now and come up short. The talent isn't going to improve, so I think it's the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Korrayls wrote: »
    Heat with a nice little stroll to the finals it seems. Too easy for them in the east.

One could easily count on one hand the amount of difficult, testing series' they have had in the East since LeBron and co. joined up. Actually, there's been two from what I can recall - Boston in 2012 and Indiana in 2013.

Yes, they're an excellent team who blow plenty of opposition aside anyway, but man, they're not tested at all in such a weak conference. They can cruise through the regular season (they very nearly took the #1 seed this year despite playing in first gear all year), step it up for the eastern playoffs and then still have an insane amount of gas left in the tank for the Finals.

Obviously it's completely hypothetical, but it would be extremely interesting to see them having to play teams like the Grizzlies, Clippers and Spurs in the playoffs just to get a shot at the Finals as opposed to steamrolling the likes of Charlotte and Brooklyn.

Paul George fined $25K for blaming loss on the refs instead of Roy Hibbert, Lance Stephenson and his poor decisions on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Paul George fined $25K for blaming loss on the refs instead of Roy Hibbert, Lance Stephenson and his poor decisions on the ball.

I know it's €25k but that's like €5 to you and me. In other words, meaningless.

I wonder do the clubs play the fines really and not the players?

Chuck just call Manu one of the 5 best European players ever :D

Ugh, Jackson just rolled his ankle early in the first.

OKC have responded very well. Up 6 at the end of the first after being down 8 points early doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

May be biased in my support of OKC but ive some man crush on Adams. Brilliant rookie season and outstanding Post season from him so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I know it's €25k but that's like €5 to you and me. In other words, meaningless.

I wonder do the clubs play the fines really and not the players?

Really is nothing. If the club does I imagine it comes out of the players wages ( dunno do they get payed weekly ???) . Community service or something be better than a small fine like that .

Or putting the 25k towards a coaching camp for Lance and Roy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

17 points 8 assists 2 rebounds 4 steals and 0 turnovers for Russ. He has been incredible.

• Advertisement

It's only HT, and it's the Spurs after all, but they're in the danger zone already. OKC up 15 at the half.

Russ' line tonight.. 40 points, 10 assists, 5 Rebs & 5 steals. That was arguably the best game I've ever seen him play and I have watched A LOT of OKC games over the past 3-4 years.
    Russell Westbrook: first player with 40 pts, 10 assists (not rebounds) and 5 steals in a playoff game since Michael Jordan in 1989

Spurs made bench made a run late in the third and fourth, but it wasn't enough. OKC's starters did play more minutes than they should have, but anyway. OKC win by 13 to level the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

Westbrook just sensational, Ibaka once again, his presence is just huge for that team. De ja vu for popovic, would love to see the winner of this go all the way but these games will be draining on both teams, while Miami are chillin out with plenty gas left in tank after winning east tomorrow.

Heat @ Pacers, Game 5, Miami lead the series 3-1, it's now win or go home for Indy

For Miami, Birdman (thigh) and Ray All3n (hip) are both game time decisions for Spoelstra

For Indy, it's business as usual with no players out

Hmm.

BowzSCXCIAAlhOL.jpg:small

I like the Pacers going to Hibbert, keep doing that, get Bosh in foul trouble or force him to back off.

24-24 with Lebron sitting out, not a good sign. The Pacers' offense is just painful to watch, never create any easy shots.

Just awful stuff. Lebron sits most of the first half, scores 2 points, and the Pacers still trail the Heat 42-33 at half-time.

That was an incredible second half. Pacers shot lights out after HT, and George actually some conjones and went off in the 4Q. LeBron in foul trouble early for nothing fouls was bad for them in the first half, obviously. Bosh had a chance to win it at the death but just missed the 3.

Back to Miami for Game 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

George was on fire the 2nd half.

Advertisement