Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Got the win with Lebron missing half the game through foul trouble, but it was still really bad. George made shots, but they were all contested jumpers.

Lance was bringing out every playground trick in the book.

RawWetFlatcoatretriever.gif

Lebron's reaction is pretty funny, but tend to agree with Marc Stein, not helping himself here with his free agency prospects...."This is called blowing your free agency (again) more than month before July 1".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

padraig_f wrote: »
    Got the win with Lebron missing half the game through foul trouble, but it was still really bad. George made shots, but they were all contested jumpers.

Lance was bringing out every playground trick in the book.

RawWetFlatcoatretriever.gif

Lebron's reaction is pretty funny, but tend to agree with Marc Stein, not helping himself here with his free agency prospects...."This is called blowing your free agency (again) more than month before July 1".

Lance is JR Smith's brain and ego trapped in the body of Chris Tucker:

40593_pro.jpg

celeb16.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I know Lance is trying to get into LeBron's head with all the trash talking but that..... that's going a more direct route

Finally Paul George showed up and made a name for himself in this series, going for 37 (21 in the second half).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Man, they got some home cookin down in Indiana!

Missed the last few games, but I should be back for the close-out on Friday. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Least the pacers keep it going for another game. Cant see past the Heat at home though but if the Pacers were to do the unthinkabke and win, that final game would be great viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Surely it'll be done and dusted in game 6. Only scraping a win against a LBJ-less Miami Heat isn't too convincing.

Has anyone contacted the Gardai about a missing person? :rolleyes:

Raf32 wrote: »
    Least the pacers keep it going for another game. Cant see past the Heat at home though but if the Pacers were to do the unthinkabke and win, that final game would be great viewing.

Yeah there's no way they can win, but they made a good point on NBA Countdown....had the Heat won last night, they'd have had a week off before the finals, which would've been big for the likes of Wade, Chris Andersen & Ray Allen. At least it goes 6 now.

Bballbreakdown did a bit on George's 4th quarter

but this is just making ridiculous shots, none of this is repeatable.

Watching the game, I was even more convinced that they need to move on from Vogel after the season. Even when the offense does perform, it's talent like the above bailing them out, not scheme.

The Heat are a better coached team than the Pacers. When you're going up against Lebron, you can't afford a further handicap on the coaching level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

padraig_f wrote: »
    Yeah there's no way they can win, but they made a good point on NBA Countdown....had the Heat won last night, they'd have had a week off before the finals, which would've been big for the likes of Wade, Chris Andersen & Ray Allen. At least it goes 6 now.

Bballbreakdown did a bit on George's 4th quarter

but this is just making ridiculous shots, none of this is repeatable.

Watching the game, I was even more convinced that they need to move on from Vogel after the season. Even when the offense does perform, it's talent like the above bailing them out, not scheme.

The Heat are a better coached team than the Pacers. When you're going up against Lebron, you can't afford a further handicap on the coaching level.

Fully agree with this. Vogel couldnt get the heads up when they were going through their slump and has pretty much helped them hobble through the playoffs with an extremely weak conference. Heat are far better coached and will take the sixth game very easily.

Enjoying all the Lance coverage today, Andrew Sharp has a good bit on it:
    Here’s when I knew we were getting a great Lance Stephenson game Wednesday: Season on the line, back against the wall, ESPN cameras caught him pregame with his back to the basket, flipping 3s over his head. This was our sign that all was well. Somewhere in Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Wednesday, Lance’s hype man was telling everyone they’d already booked tickets to Miami.

Sure, as the broadcast unfolded last night, we found out that even Lance’s mother had said he needed to tone it down and stop talking to LeBron. But that’s like telling a feral cat to tone it down. Nature will win out regardless.

Probably the only suspense left in the series is what crazy **** Lance is going to do in game 6, and how everyone else reacts to it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Was glued to my screen last night. What a game it was George was outstanding. It will either be Miami in 6 our Pacers in 7. We've done well on the road in these playoffs. It we could somehow take it back to Indy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Serious fair weather out there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

kmart6 wrote: »
    Serious fair weather out there!!

mighty fair......you'll need to go find a fan if it keep up :p

Has anyone contacted the Gardai about a missing person? :rolleyes:

I call them now to call off the search, that missing person has turned up. Phew, I was really worried.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I think Indiana will win in 8 personally.

Actually no, I won't try to cover all bases like some do. Miami, Game 6 blowout with LeBron going for 30 points at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Can posters not just comment on the games without referring to other users? Final warning.

Born Ready fined $10,000, Roy Hibbert $5,000 for Game 5 flops

Okay, I don't know how I missed this roll.gif

#FlopCity

I love Coach Pop!

Interviewer: Same lineup, Pop?

Pop: *long pause* *Stare* "Probably not"

Wow, Bonner starts in place of the Splitter.

• Advertisement

Slow start from them, but OKC are well into this now.

Russ with one of the sickest dunks in the Playoffs this year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

Wow

Big 2Q from San Antonio, they're up 10 at the half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Glad i backed the over tonight, it was a cert in my opinion.

Glad i backed the over tonight, it was a cert in my opinion.

I like aftertiming too.

Well done on Brooks keeping his starters in when up 27 points in Game 4. They looked tired tonight. Idiot. Spurs have been excellent though. Series makes little sense for a conference finals, every game being a home blowout.

Spurs 3-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Errrr.......

e653b989e0879f6c7c52e6abb04f818c.png

from Complex.com

Paul George had a huge game for the Pacers last night. He scored 37 points against the Heat in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals, including 21 points in the fourth quarter, and helped his team avoid elimination by leading the Pacers to a 93-90 win over Miami. But despite that, something tells us that he's probably not feeling all that great this morning.
    Late last night, Page Six reported that Daniela Rajic—the 24-year-old former stripper who was allegedly pregnant with George's child—gave birth to a baby girl named Olivia earlier this month. And further, they also reported that Rajic just filed a paternity suit against George in New York City on Wednesday. According to Page Six, she relocated to NYC to be closer to her family after the birth of the baby and now wants George to undergo an official DNA test to prove that he is, in fact, the father of her newborn child.
    Page Six reached out to George's camp late yesterday and received a brief statement regarding the matter.
    "As Paul has said all along, if and when the legal process confirms that the baby is his, he will fully embrace his responsibilities as a father and provide emotional and financial support to the child," a rep for George said. "The process has been amicable and we hope it will continue to be until this issue is clarified."
    It's good to hear that George and Rajic are "amicable" right now. But could this paternity suit have hit at a worse time for the Pacers star? Stay tuned for more details about the suit moving forward.

I would give anything - ANYTHING - to see it play out like this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Born Ready fined $10,000, Roy Hibbert $5,000 for Game 5 flops

Every team flops, but only the pacers say "We don't flop" and then proceed to commit a LOT of very embarrassing flops. :pac:

Advertisement