Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Loved that one from Ginobili

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Paully D wrote: »
    Errrr.......

e653b989e0879f6c7c52e6abb04f818c.png

Our media would probably do something similar or far worse to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I like Bosh, but this is hilarious:

Bo6mOQwCcAAhZwo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

giphy.gif?t=1

Stephenson says Bird told him to stop the antics

Kinda hoping Lance keeps it up, personally ... been wicked entertaining. But either way, just can't see this going well for the Pacers, tbh. Hope I'm wrong, would love to see both these series go to 7.

If the Pacers could win tonight I'd actually give them a good chance in game 7. That said, they won't get the chance. The Heat will win relatively comfortably tonight to finish it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Paully D wrote: »
    If the Pacers could win tonight I'd actually give them a good chance in game 7. That said, they won't get the chance. The Heat will win relatively comfortably tonight to finish it.

Yep. Barely got through the other night. I doubt Miami will give them another chance.

NBA Countdown has improved this year. Can't be Barkley for laughs, but I think the analysis is better now on Countdown. Bill Simmons is more assured in his second year on TV, used to defer to Magic too much. He's driving the discussion now, I think he's good at raising technical points but keeping it light and accessible. Works well with Doug Collins. Jalen Rose is only ok, but I suppose you can't have 3 technical guys.

Dunno if it was the plan, but was quite smart not to try and take on 'Inside the NBA' at their own game (humour & wacky stuff), but be better than them technically. And I think they've done that.

Given Vogel a bit of flak, but putting Stephenson on Lebron is an interesting tweak. Means PG can potentially lock up Wade, while saving some energy.

Lebron went at Stephenson there and scored, so interesting to see if he can contain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

padraig_f wrote: »
    Given Vogel a bit of flak, but putting Stephenson on Lebron is an interesting tweak. Means PG can potentially lock up Wade, while saving some energy.

Lebron went at Stephenson there and scored, so interesting to see if he can contain him.

George seems to start slowly regardless of who he's guarding and then comes on strong after halftime.

Interesting game so far.
    Miami throwing bricks for the first 4 mins while West was doing damage.
    Heat managed to deny West the ball after that and got back in the game.

Edit: Great 1st quarter for Miami.
    Once they cut off the supply to west, Pacers just couldn't score.
    Heat will take George Hill jumpers all day long

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

22-4 run to end the quarter for Miami, wowza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Lebron dominating so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pitiful. 28% shooting. 22-4 run. What a bunch of mental midgets.

PG looking like the biggest wannabe star I've ever seen. He's going to have to score 40 in the second half tonight at this rate to make up for his sh*tstorm of offense this quarter.

Come on, grow some balls (everyone but West and Lance)!

benway wrote: »

Stephenson says Bird told him to stop the antics

Kinda hoping Lance keeps it up, personally ... been wicked entertaining. But either way, just can't see this going well for the Pacers, tbh. Hope I'm wrong, would love to see both these series go to 7.

He shoved Bird's advice where the sun don't shine

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11009620

Born Ready, yo.

What an idiot.

Embarrassing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pretty gutless way to bow out but sums up this team, so weak minded.

I love Frank but I hate his "**** you" to the fans by putting Cope in for 10 secs in a blowout.

Miami up.. 26 points at HT.

I miss the first round.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I think Indiana will win in 8 personally.

Actually no, I won't try to cover all bases like some do. Miami, Game 6 blowout with LeBron going for 30 points at least.

Yup.

Though LeBron finished with 25, but he sat out the final 9-10 minutes of the game.

FT: Miami 117-92 Indiana

Miami are in the Finals, shock and awe.

Bo7s0RdCEAMh-FX.jpg:small

Yeessh, The Preacher - " All year the only thing they talked about was game 7 on their home court, but they're focusing on something that doesn't even exist."

Paul '1 Point in 1H' George on if he wants to see Lance Stephenson back: "You know, I don't know."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    FT: Miami 117-92 Indiana

Miami are in the Finals, shock and awe.

Bo7s0RdCEAMh-FX.jpg:small

Yeessh, The Preacher - " All year the only thing they talked about was game 7 on their home court, but they're focusing on something that doesn't even exist."

Paul '1 Point in 1H' George on if he wants to see Lance Stephenson back: "You know, I don't know."

it goes back to something Kenny said on inside the nba earlier this year......pacers want home court in a game 7, heat said we'll just win it in 6 then.......It's a simple thing but shows the difference in the mental approach for the two teams. It'll be interesting to see if the Pacers do much in the off season.

It's a strange goal to set, expecting it go to the full 7 games. As if they had told themselves they can't beat them in 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Well, so much for going hard for that home advantage, Heat kill it in 6 on their floor. A blowout is such a disappointing way to end the East series but it's a series that's just gonna be remembered of the antics of "Nowhere near ready" trying to get into the head of the Heat team and failing every time.

A section of a blog I was reading on the Pacers determination of getting a Game 7:
    The most important, elephant-in-the-room-sized reason, though, was that Indiana could not crack Miami’s code. It doesn’t have the star power, barely has the manpower and never could rise to the occasions – five players tied together as one – for any sustained success.
    As bad as Game 6 was, and it was stenchified, the Pacers admitted afterward that their troubles in the series began in Game 2, which had slipped away late, pilfering the home court right there and squandering their chance to put the Heat in a 2-0 hole.
    That was a mistake. Getting reckless with the ball and blowing a big lead in Game 3, another mistake. Game 4? A wire-to-wire mistake. Roll them all together and you get a team that wants to chase championship vs. a team that already owns two and is aiming for three.

”That’s for the long term, gearing up again in October with a focus on May."
    Short term, there will be a big, empty field house in downtown Indianapolis Sunday evening. It was supposed to be the Pacers’ partner, alive and loud and stomping on the clutch so they actually could find that elusive gear.
    Instead, it will be dark, a reminder of what could have been.
    The sign will be posted there in spirit. “Home court, Game 7: Never needed.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Disappointing finish to the season. Pacers got to the Eastern conference final they wanted, with home court against the Heat. But ultimately Miami were too good for us. When James and Wade are playing like that, there's not a whole lot you can do to stop them. We made advances this season in certain aspects of our game but there still allot that can be improved on, allot of mistakes were made. This could the end of the line for Vogal. The big question in the off season will be what to do with Lance. Should they pay him or let him go??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Disappointing finish to the season. Pacers got to the Eastern conference final they wanted, with home court against the Heat. But ultimately Miami were too good for us. When James and Wade are playing like that, there's not a whole lot you can do to stop them. We made advances this season in certain aspects of our game but there still allot that can be improved on, allot of mistakes were made. This could the end of the line for Vogal. The big question in the off season will be what to do with Lance. Should they pay him or let him go??

I think a bigger question if not vogel than who else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

ec18 wrote: »

George Karl maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ec18 wrote: »

Born Ready as player/coach maybe?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Has Vogel underachieved though?
    I think he took them as far as they could realistically go.

If I was in charge, lance would definitely be gone and I'd be making an upgrade at the point my main priority. Vogel would stay.

BQQ wrote: »
    Has Vogel underachieved though?
    I think he took them as far as they could realistically go.

If I was in charge, lance would definitely be gone and I'd be making an upgrade at the point my main priority. Vogel would stay.

Agreed. But I'm hoping they go all Knicks - JR Smith on him by giving him the max contract he wants.

• Advertisement

I think you went backwards this season to be honest. Last year the Pacers gave the Heat a much stiffer test. A Heat team that had a years less wear and tear and far better shooting options too.

The Pacers problems largely boil down to two things for me:

1) Going in 5th gear from day one of the regular season. A lot of people got carried away with the Pacers start to the regular season, I posted something about 1/3 of the way through which showed they had played one of the easiest schedules and the most home games (or something of that description) around about Christmas time. Yet the Pacers, while winning, had been going at full pelt. That's just not sustainable. Look at Miami, they barely played Wade, cruised through the season in first gear and were so fresh coming into the playoffs it looked like their key players had hardly broken sweat from October to March. The Pacers, IMO, were gassed in the playoffs because of how hard they'd played for so much of the regular season.

2) Bad moves (in retrospect. Admittedly, I personally liked a lot of them at the time). The bench had been a problem, but the trades that were supposed to sort it, didn't. Trading players like Granger, Green, Plumlee and a 2014 first round pick for Scola and Turner just looks terrible now. Augustin lit it up for the Bulls off the bench but was let go by Indy, bringing in Bynum without even giving him a medical. Their moves haven't worked out at all. Over the course of the series the Heat bench scored 149 points, the Pacers bench scored 93 which sums it up.

Advertisement