Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Game time. Leggo Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Have all sorts of bad vibes about this series, like an injury ruining it or it generally ending a massive anti-climax. The Spurs avenging their loss last year seems too cosy and doesn't take into account the LeBron factor. Miami in 5 and to win tonight, much as I'd love to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can anyone post/PM me a link that doesn't run at too high a bitrate please? My Internet is a nightmare tonight, typical!

Lovely by Wade!

Pop will be pissed off already at the turnovers.

• Advertisement

Healthy and in rhythm Manu is such a noticeable difference from last year.

I have such a hatred for Mario Chalmers, for no real reason either. :pac:

So. Many. Turnovers. Spurs.

Spurs up 6 after the 1Q.
    Paully D wrote: »
    I have such a hatred for Mario Chalmers, for no real reason either. :pac:

My reasons:

1) His face and especially stupid smile
    2) Flopping
    3) Riding coat tails
    4) Cole should be starting ahead of him

It seems like the Heat are getting completely outplayed, yet they go on a 7-0 run in what feels like 10 seconds and are actually up by 2. So annoying :pac:

Turnovers are really killing the Spurs.

Both coaches using their timeouts well. Both sides have gone on good runs after timeouts.

Interesting that the bookies currently have the Spurs 1/3 to win this game. It feels a LOT closer.

Spurs by 5 at the half.
    Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
    The last time I was in an arena hotter than the AT&T Center right now, it was on fire..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Not much in it. Seems like the Spurs are getting slightly better shots, but some sloppy play keeping them from building a lead. They've had a few bad breakdowns on defense. Ray Allen had three wide open 3s before the half. Was 3/3 up to then, but missed all 3. Need to fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Fiercely competitive first half. Miami have been very good, and probably should be ahead, Allen has missed 3 open 3 pointers and Lewis has missed a few as well. Ginobili turned the tide when he entered the game midway through first half, he's been great. Timmy has been unbelievable, putting on a clinic, Borris feeding him expertly for many of those baskets. I'd say Diaw must be a post players dream, his pass first instincts make him so unique. I wonder is Parker's ankle bothering him, he has been largely ineffective and Ginobili handled the ball there in the 2nd half.

On Miami side, D Wade and Lebron have both been very good. I love how they both are attacking, not afraid to go at Duncan and Splitter. Allen has been good also, particularly early in the 1st half. Going to be a great second half!

Bill Simmons is so red he looks like a tomato. :pac:

Bats, Snakes and no air conditioning. What an arena!

Born Ready for this moment.

BpafK8WCQAA0odS.jpg

Wow, LeBron..

Pop needs to get Green out of the game. Offering nothing at either end of the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

More than one or two superstar calls so far.

Also, if you don't like the Spurs, you don't like basketball.

And furthermore ... y'know ... **** the Heat.

Genuine lol, epic flop.

855829377.gif?1402023392

Holy moly, Ray Allen threw it down.

855829521.gif?1402023515

Spurs are ****ing this away, 17 turnovers. Joke.

Miami up 4 going into the final quarter.

Feckin' snap out of it Spurs! Shocking 3Q from them.

• Advertisement

9 turnovers, terrible, terrible quarter for Spurs. Green as Ade said has had a mare on both ends. The malfunctioning airconditioning has meant that Timmy has had to sit for longer than usual, he looks beat. Not looking good, but on the flipside the Spurs can't play much worse offensively than they did there. I pity whoever has to interview Pop right now.

So, so sloppy for the Spurs. 20 odd turnovers and we're only really at the beginning of the 4th. Heat up by 7 now. Spurs need to wake up and very quickly.

The last three teams to lose Game 1 of the NBA Finals have won the title.

LeBron cramping up it looks like.

LeBron has seemed so indestructible over the years I didn't think he even get hurt. Such a strange sight to see him calling to be taken out due to being hurt. Probably just cramp and he'll be back soon though.

EDIT - If the Heat don't win this series, get used to seeing that image of him on the bench looking like he's about to cry.

Oh hello there Mr. Green. Nice of you to join us.

Finish them, Spurs!

Danny Green! He must have heard us Ade. Lebron going out has totally changed the game.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Danny Green! He must have heard us Ade. Lebron going out has totally changed the game.

Hopefully he did! Got a fair whack riding on this game if you seen the Tweets.

That pass was lovely, reminds me of Manu's baseline wrap around pass somewhat.

LeBron cramping up again.

Beautiful basketball. That should be the dagger.

• Advertisement

Spurs go 1-0 up! :D

Advertisement