Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Very high quality game. Lebron played out of his mind, particularly in the 3rd quarter, when he hardly missed. Wade and Bosh contributed enough to keep things going when he sat out.

I thought the Spurs played well, were sharper than game 1 in terms of taking care of the ball, defended the corner 3s better. Leonard played good defense on Lebron, though got into foul trouble early and they had to switch Diaw on to him (this wasn't a total coincidence, Lebron was very aggressive going to the rim early in the game).

If I'm nit-picking, the Spurs got the Heat in the penalty with 7 mins left in the 4th quarter, and thought they could've taken advantage more by getting to the line. This isn't really their game, but thought they could've adjusted a bit more to exploit this.

Jeff van Gundy said he saw the Heat in an alignment he'd never seen before, 2 and the 3 running a high screen with the 4 and the 5 (Bosh and Rashard Lewis) spotting up in the corners. You have to give Spoelstra credit for this, it opens up the floor for Lebron to attack, and if the Spurs do collapse, Lebron is good enough now to find the shooter.

It's not easy to defend, but it means there should be a weakness somewhere else. I think I'd try and punish Bosh/Lewis more at the other end by going to Splitter and Duncan down low.

The consolation for the Spurs is the Heat played an almost perfect game, and the scores were level with 2 minutes to go. I think this performance will be hard for the Heat to match, and the Spurs are capable of winning on the road. Game 3 is the big chance, you expect something of a let-down from the Heat, and there's only one day off, which I think suits the Spurs a bit better with the way they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

In the most unsurprising news you'll read, D Wade has been fined $5k for the joke of a flop in Game 2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In the most unsurprising news you'll read, D Wade has been fined $5k for the joke of a flop in Game 2

I'm sure he wasn't able to sleep last night he was so worried about that. The equivalent of one of us being fined 5 cent.

@IraHeatBeat: Whoa, Spurs changed lineup, Diaw now stating in place of Splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

In 16 games played in Big 3 era, San Antonio has outscored Miami by ONE point: 1,591 to 1,590. Hardly a huge surprise to see Diaw starting Padraig, he has been nothing short of brilliant over the past 6 or so games for the Spurs. The offense flows a lot better with him on the floor, his ability to space the floor, pass, take the player off the dribble and find the open man, not forgetting his more than decent post game. I like this adjustment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Miami to win again tonight for me. If they do, then game four becomes must win for the Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

83% of the time the team that won game 3 when it's 1-1 went on to win the series out, according to NBA's Facebook page.

buyer95 wrote: »
    In 16 games played in Big 3 era, San Antonio has outscored Miami by ONE point: 1,591 to 1,590. Hardly a huge surprise to see Diaw starting Padraig, he has been nothing short of brilliant over the past 6 or so games for the Spurs. The offense flows a lot better with him on the floor, his ability to space the floor, pass, take the player off the dribble and find the open man, not forgetting his more than decent post game. I like this adjustment.

Will be interesting to see how it effects things defensively too. Opens up the lane a bit, but Diaw will probably be instructed to stay out on the shooter. And possibly he takes turns guarding Lebron to keep Leonard out of early foul trouble (Leonard could probably pick up Lewis ok).

Kawhi going for 160 at this rate :pac:

Nice start. Well Diaw isn't picking up Lebron, but they don't seem to have missed much defensively so far. Diaw is helping Duncan offensively alright with some useful passes.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kawhi so srs?

Lebron being aggressive, going to the rim against the small lineup, as he should be. Refs could have a big part to play in how they call that.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Lebron vs Sugar K so far. Any one else notice the way lebron kicks his legs when he shot those threes

Offensive clinic this. Pure basketball is killing Miami.

edit - Manu with the buzzer beater makes it Spurs 41-25 Heat after the 1Q..

Wow 41-point 1st quarter.

41-25 at the first.... madness!!! Heat are lucky Lebron was aggressive to start aswell or itd be game over already

And that was with Lebron playing the whole thing.

Spurs shot chart.

856431602.gif?1402451202

Miami should mess with the AC now.

This is just gold.

I'm just sitting here in awe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Spurs just laying the smackdown on Miami. Defense is unbelievable and everything is falling for them. You'd expect Miami to make a run at some point but they have to hope that Kawhi and Green cool down because they're just hitting everything right now.

I'm enjoying this :)

@ajbulls: Here we are, midway through the 2Q, and the Spurs are shooting OVER 90.0% from the field. OVER NINETY PERCENT.

Tony Parker and Tim Duncan have combined to make 1 shot in this game. And the Spurs are up 23.

There's a new big 3 tonight.

Guess it couldn't last.

Miami's threes just aren't as exciting as the Spurs' threes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Allen and Lewis, above all people, leading them back from the dead. Very entertaining game so far.

24 minutes of basketball greatness we just witnessed. Spurs up 21 points at HT in Miami .

moneyman wrote: »
    Allen and Lewis, above all people, leading them back from the dead. Very entertaining game so far.

They did well to weather that storm and close out the half. Looked like it might've been cut to 10 at one point.

Anyway, that was the best shooting half in NBA Finals history.

@SportsCenter: Spurs lead Heat at half, 71-50. San Antonio is shooting a BLAZING 75.8% from the field, highest FG % in a half in NBA Finals history.

@NOTNBATonight
    REPORT: ESPN will edit out all Spurs made shots and just show a loop Lebron's dunk in first quarter.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Why the **** are they talking about Donald Sterling at half time?

Advertisement