Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

padraig_f wrote: »
    Why the **** are they talking about Donald Sterling at half time?

Spurs: Forever taken for granted

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I wonder if Tony Brothers is aware of how obvious his, "I'll call the foul if the shot rims out" schtick is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Spurs offense gone cold, just 6 points in the first 6 mins of the 2nd half. Must-win game for them the way the first half went.

Oughta do it. Kawhi Leonard getting some props from the commentators, good to see. Plays great defense on Lebron.

Heat fans leaving with over 3 mins to go :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

83% of the time the team that won game 3 when it's 1-1 went on to win the series out, according to NBA's Facebook page.

Is that not Sex Panther? :D

Didn't see the game (again) :(, only caught the highlights this morning. Looks like Pop did a Pop once again and tore up the script. Obviously the Spurs won't repeat a half like that again but they're back on track now. Will be interesting to see the miami reaction to this.

And great to see Manu turn back the clock with the throwdown. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Myla Shallow Sunblock

shameless celtics fans plug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Heat fans imo are just horrible fans. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't leave at half time tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Dickish but not surprising response to a question from Lebron. I wouldn't be so smug off the back of a game where I had 7 turnovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I didn't get to see the game last night, but I just saw the score:

1) What the **** happened? :eek: :D

2) Is there any way I can stream or download last nights game without using a torrent?

Must win game now for the Heat in game four. They usually step up to the plate in those situations, but that statistic Pizzaman put up earlier is very promising for those of us wanting to see the Spurs pick up the title.

NufcNavan wrote: »

Dickish but not surprising response to a question from Lebron. I wouldn't be so smug off the back of a game where I had 7 turnovers.

That same reporter got a pissy one word answer from Spo too last night. Probably because in his question he said ''How does a team that's been in the finals 4 times in a row get stomped at home the way they did''?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

His question was badly worded but he had a valid point about the Heat defense being below par this series. It could have received a more dignified response from Lebron.

He needs to be more dignified like Born Ready I reckon.

Before everyone gets carried away with that 83% stat! the Spurs won Game 3 last year too.

Personally I still think they'll win it all this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Paully D wrote: »
    I didn't get to see the game last night, but I just saw the score:

1) What the **** happened? :eek: :D

Just watched it when I got home. Spurs were immense for most of the game (obviously), truly breathtaking performance. Popovich is a basketball genius, Green and Leonard looked like All Stars, Diaw was excellent as fulcrum to the offence. TP, Timmah and Manu barely had any weight to carry. Just some beautiful basketball.

Granted, it was just one of those nights, Splitter even did his wannabe PG bit, crossing over around his back ... and getting away with it. But the Miami team had no answer and the crowd are woeful, obviously.

I kinda think (hope) that the Spurs could kick on from this and wrap it up in 5, you can't imagine that they'll perform as well as the performance for the ages in the first half, but they're just a better basketball team - it would be 3-0 if it weren't for a few missed free throws down the stretch and a few gifts from the officials to Miami in the first half of Game 2.
    ) Is there any way I can stream or download last nights game without using a torrent?
    Buy the single game or €15 for the rest of the finals via League Pass? Spurs first half performance is easily worth the cash, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Set up a bet 365 account or League Pass Paully D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

MintyGroundedDunnart.gif

Seriously.

Paully, setting up a Paddypower account might be less hassle depending on your situation. They stream all the games on their website, as in every single game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Paully, setting up a Paddypower account might be less hassle depending on your situation. They stream all the games on their website, as in every single game this season.

The small screen is annoying though. I personally have a subscription to BT Sport, its a 10 a month, great deal imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers lads. I have accounts on both, yet never even knew they streamed the games, ****ing hell :pac:

That still doesn't put me any nearer to finding a solution to trying to find the full game 3 stream from last night though :D

My €7 a month streaming service gives me all the live NBA, NFL, Premier League, Champions League and all other sporting events that I need, so I won't buy League Pass or BT. I'm just raging I had to miss the game last night and didn't get to see what seems to be an incredible offensive performance.

Cheers lads. I have accounts on both, yet never even knew they streamed the games, ****ing hell :pac:

That still doesn't put me any nearer to finding a solution to trying to find the full game 3 stream from last night though :D

My €7 a month streaming service gives me all the live NBA, NFL, Premier League, Champions League and all other sporting events that I need, so I won't buy League Pass or BT. I'm just raging I had to miss the game last night and didn't get to see what seems to be an incredible offensive performance.

Wouldn't worry about it that much Paully. It was a very good performance, but wasn't the best Spurs performance I've seen.

Part of what made the first-half numbers historic I think was Miami looked to me a little tired, weren't closing out as quickly, and had some sloppy play which led to turnovers & easy buckets.

Miami are capable of excellence, as they showed in game 2, but I think it needs a huge effort, and they couldn't repeat it for game 3. That was part of the story I think.

The Spurs won't repeat their 75% first-half shooting, but it's easier for them to play closer to their peak, since their success is more system-based & a function of how well coached and intelligent the players are. It doesn't require a level of effort out of the ordinary (e.g. Parker and Duncan weren't that prominent).

I agree with benway, if the Heat come out with the same energy level in game 4, the Spurs could wrap this up in 5. Keep an eye out for the energy & intensity levels early on (one day off again, same as game 3). If it's low, the Heat are in trouble. They could get away with this in the East, but not against the top Western teams.

What I PM'ed you the other night, Paully. Under basketball, the top link is NBA TV. Click that and there should be reruns throughout the day. I'm fairly sure it's shown twice today and tomorrow (EST), possibly three times. It might not be ideal, but it's something.

This isn't really the article I wrote, the editors has left out a large piece on Mario Chalmers that I though was the best part of the article. I meant to write about game 3 and the series as a whole, but got a bit sidetracked and ended up devoting large parts of the column to Diaw. I had intended to go into quite a bit of detail, but I ended up writing too much about him, and thus the fcking editor decided to make Diaw the subject of the whole article calling it the cringe worthy "Boris Diaw Effect." A paragraph on Kawhi also fell by the wayside... Thats the link anyway, http://www.punditarena.com/basketball/comahony/game-3-the-boris-diaw-effect/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

benway wrote: »

Seriously.

The highlight of this for me was Mark Jackson saying that this play wouldn't make Sportcenter because it didn't end with a dunk! Brilliant!

If these Melo to Miami rumours turn out to be true I may cry. The only way it works is if all the big 3 opt out of their contracts at the end of the season along with Melo in NY and they all sign with the Heat for discount prices. I shudder to think about it. Unlikely that Lebron will be willing to take another paycut, him being the best player in the world and not getting paid like he is that.

buyer95 wrote: »
    If these Melo to Miami rumours turn out to be true I may cry. The only way it works is if all the big 3 opt out of their contracts at the end of the season along with Melo in NY and they all sign with the Heat for discount prices. I shudder to think about it. Unlikely that Lebron will be willing to take another paycut, him being the best player in the world and not getting paid like he is that.

Not sure that would work even if they can make it happen financially. There's only one ball for them to share - and Melo ain't good at sharing!

Meant to post this in offseason thread. Oops. Frontcourt of lebron at 3 Melo at 4 and Bosh at 5 I could see working easily. Lebron is prefers to find his teamates then always have to carry the scoring burden, and if Melo can do one thing it is score. Can you imagine the spacing possibilities for Lebron to attack, with defenses afraid to come off Melo or Bosh, and if they do come off them, there is no better player to find the open man. I just hope this doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

Surely that would get vetoed. If CP3 to the Lakers was vetoed, then surely this will also get blocked no?

• Advertisement

1DRose wrote: »
    Surely that would get vetoed. If CP3 to the Lakers was vetoed, then surely this will also get blocked no?

That was vetoed because it was a trade, and the league must sanction all trade, and if they deem a trade unfair they will not sanction it. This would be a free agency signing, the NBA does not have the power of veto when it comes to this.

Advertisement