Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I love memphis, they play such solid ball, a really good TEAM, will be tough to stay in this without Randolph, the man is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

buyer95 wrote: »
    Going to go to bed, OKC going to win this game big anyway. I'll DVR it and catch the rest at some stage tomorrow.

You should have stayed up Buyer, turned out to be a great/even second half!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I have a feeling atlanta are gonna pull off an upset tonight

I could see that happening, only just checked the score mind, infact i now predict a hawks whitwash:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well aware of the words meaning, would not have used it otherwise.
    Good lad.

As much as Id like to overlook it, it's so clear that our players have given up on one another. That's the only way I can rationalise the ridiculous iso-ball. There is a lot of scary fallout that could happen from this. We are tied to a lot of these guys for years because of how we committed to them with big contracts. Are we going to be able to trade West, Hibbert or Hill given their contracts and poor play lately? In a PG-dominant league where athletic bigs are trending, not having a PG or a big outside of Ian who has a vertical greater than 10" is a huge concern. Other teams have just made us look slow lately, aside from Paul and Lance. One of my biggest concerns is that the most selfless player on the team, Lance, has the opportunity to jump from this sinking ship, and will likely do so if this type of effort and selfishness continues from the rest of the team. The bond that our players seemed to have early in the season was our major strength, and that is nowhere to be seen now. Nobody is trying to get anyone else looks, or set good picks, or help on defense.

I put a lot of this on Frank, who puts me off every huddle when he just rehashes stats from the beginning of the year to try to instill phantom confidence in the team. He needs to realise that the more dire need is offensive execution. Id like to see him yell at a player now and then for the way they stand around on offense, or let their man drive right past them. He always channels his frustration at the refs when one of our players deserves the heat.

Still, if we take Game 2 convincingly, then we will just grow from these struggles. I'm just very concerned with the lack of motivation and fight in the second half.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Internet crapped itself out and I just dozed off after the final whistle. Seems the Grizz left it all out there in the third and OKC finally found another gear or two in the fourth. Finished in a romp in the end, but the Grizz had got it down to within a point. Z-Bo's foul trouble cost them big though.

Meanwhile, in Indiana..

XtWGcb2.jpg

After last night's embarrassingly abject, woeful and quite frankly pathetic performance, a new band was formed in the face of adversity in an attempt to restore unity called.. Boyz II Men Superstarz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'm still laughing at this...go home Hibbert, you're drunk. Seriously, he's 7'2, and he's getting rejected by Ashton Kutchers lookalike.

kylekorverbadass.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Only just saw the Pacers and Thunder games there.

Seriously, what the f*ck is going on with this Pacers team?? There's no heart/commitment on that court from them. Apart from George and Stephenson, no one looked like they wanted to win last night. When your 7"2 center is blocked twice by Kyle Korver, there's something massively wrong there. That being said, credit to the Hawks on getting the W. Teague comes away with 28 and they lived by the 3 ball last night.

A pretty worrying stat:
    2cgit1z.jpg

Home court finally means something!! Credit to the Grizz to cutting the massive lead down to 2 but this OKC team has it. KD goes for 33, Russ for 23

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm still laughing at this...go home Hibbert, you're drunk. Seriously, he's 7'2, and he's getting rejected by Ashton Kutchers lookalike.

kylekorverbadass.gif

Well if there's one thing Korver is known for it's his D.......:D

Joking aside, I said at the time and consistently since, Chicago should not have let him go. Perfect guy for a Thibs system.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

XtWGcb2.jpg

They look more like the Ghetto Village People than NBA players in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

Anyone think the Bobcats can spring a surprise tonight? It's only regular season I know, but Miami had a worse record than Indiana since the All Star break I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Very disappointing with the lack of games on BT Sport this evening. Only showing the Heat game. Streams it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joking aside, I said at the time and consistently since, Chicago should not have let him go. Perfect guy for a Thibs system.

I never stop banging on about that, glad someone else can back me up on it now :pac:

47% 3 point shooter, exactly what we're missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

The Answer wrote: »
    Anyone think the Bobcats can spring a surprise tonight? It's only regular season I know, but Miami had a worse record than Indiana since the All Star break I think.

You think wrong, but there wasn't much in it.

Indiana were 16 - 14
    Miami were 17 - 14

The big difference was that Indiana were going all out for the number one seed.
    Miami were mostly going through the motions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

The Answer wrote: »

I don't think it would be a shock! At least not tonight

. I don't buy into the idea that any team can have a bad period and then just switch it on. LeBron is rested though, but Wade is fecked, Allen's 3s aint going in and Heat do not have the same energetic bench as they had last season, bar, to be fair, the solid Chris Andersen and Hasleem. Bosh has gone back hiding, sadly. What I meant by that was I like Bosh, he can be underrated when we think of the big 3.Hate Heat, but damn respect them.

I heat allow Jefferson a sniff, which I do believe they will reduce it, heat are in big trouble tonight.

I do not believe that Heat will even get out of the East this year.

Don't be shocked if Nets (of all teams) and Bulls(yes!, remember last season, Deng was on a death bed, Hendrich injured, Noah spending time fouling out) could reach the finals of the east.

Pacers? They will scrape it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Good lad.

Aww how cute trying to be condescending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Bobcats going 4-2 lads i'm telling ye.

Quite nervous about the Bulls game tonight, what are you predictions?

Any word on if Nene starts? Wizards will obviously look to him inside if he is and can push the ball outside to Ariza (40.7% from 3) and Beal (40.2% from 3) if necessary. Webster shoots 39% from 3 too, they're a tough team to guard as they shoot so well from distance if you commit too much.

I think our bench is a massive advantage with Augustin and Gibson so hopefully the starters do the business and those two can build leads when the benches come into play.

The spread of 4.5 points seems about right.

Paully D wrote: »

Any word on if Nene starts? Wizards will obviously look to him inside if he is and can push the ball outside to Ariza (40.7% from 3) and Beal (40.2% from 3) if necessary. Webster shoots 39% from 3 too, they're a tough team to guard as they shoot so well from distance if you commit too much.

I think our bench is a massive advantage with Augustin and Gibson so hopefully the starters do the business and those two can build leads when the benches come into play.

5.5 last night if you're quick enough :P

I think ye will both trade one road win at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I never stop banging on about that, glad someone else can back me up on it now :pac:

47% 3 point shooter, exactly what we're missing.
    Jimmer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

A lot of people are writing the Wizards off, not saying they really have a chance so the Bulls have to be careful. The Bulls head into Sunday's playoff opener against the Washington Wizards as one of the hottest teams in the NBA. Never mind all they overcame. The only obstacle that matters now for the Chicago Bulls is the one in front of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I feel good about it. The Bulls have already been playing their playoff rotation towards the end of the season, so I think they should hit the ground running.

That Nene injury is probably gonna be a disruption to the Wizards, even if he's back now, he's been coming off the bench. So whether he starts or comes off the bench, I don't think it's ideal preparation.

ChicagoJoe wrote: »
    A lot of people are writing the Wizards off, not saying they really have a chance so the Bulls have to be careful. The Bulls head into Sunday's playoff opener against the Washington Wizards as one of the hottest teams in the NBA. Never mind all they overcame. The only obstacle that matters now for the Chicago Bulls is the one in front of them.

To be fair, only a fool would write them off. They have players who can hurt any team, and I really like their starting five, well four out of five anyway. My concern for them is like with the Raptors, experience.

Mavs@Spurs starting up in a few, can see nothing but a Spurs win

Game 1 of Mavs @ Spurs is the early game, it begins very shortly.

TNT crew wearing bright colors in honor of Craig Sager

BlrjqvCCYAA59cr.jpg

Spurs lead 9-2, Mavs start out 1-8............

Great segment there showing Sager and Pop interviews.

Spurs up 21-12 after 1Q

I thought the Mavs were going to get blown out after the 1st quarter, but credit to the Mavs. A 12-0 run to start the second and they now lead by 4 with a couple of minutes left in the 2nd. Mavs need to find a way to slow Parker down in the paint though.

Good game.

• Advertisement

Mavs bench coming up huge in 2Q, Mavs lead 44-43 at the half

Advertisement