Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Louth.in the impending LOCAL election I'm Voting for ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

This of course is a complete fluke of a result.SF have come out of nowhere without doing any hard or difficult work in local electoral wards/areas! No dynasties being built and continued like quite a few have been in this election.Bell,McGahon,ODowd etc''''''
    FFS! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Someone is after voting FG in the poll long after the results are in.:D
    Way to go FG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Almost as good as Graham Geraghty thanking Fianna Fail for his nomination to stand in the last general election for Fine Gael!

10GB I dont see anyone here at least cliaming a fluke result! I am not so convinced though that it is the breakthrough that Sein Fein would hope it is. Labour, and the Lib Dems in the UK had their best ever results in the last GE but have both been wiped out this weekend, both saw it as a breakthrough but both sold their souls in government. As Srameen points out, delivering is the key now and is a damn sight tougher than shouting objections across a council chamber or parliment floor. I totally agree with Cllr Sharkeys stance on the Louth Hospital and the HSE, if he was to be elected to the Dail in 2yrs time as I would expect him to be and even in government; do we expect to see a complete and total reversal of the downgrading ot the Louth to a point of the return of paediatric services? or do we see an intelligent chap realising that he cant do so and balance the books?

Keelan is another of the dynastic elected in this election.

Someone is after voting FG in the poll long after the results are in.:D
    Way to go FG :D

I'm glad to see that someone else apart from me was following the poll ;)

Couldn't quote this properly but Nesta99
    10GB I dont see anyone here at least cliaming a fluke result! I am not so convinced though that it is the breakthrough that Sein Fein would hope it is. Labour, and the Lib Dems in the UK had their best ever results in the last GE but have both been wiped out this weekend, both saw it as a breakthrough but both sold their souls in government. As Srameen points out, delivering is the key now and is a damn sight tougher than shouting objections across a council chamber or parliment floor. I totally agree with Cllr Sharkeys stance on the Louth Hospital and the HSE, if he was to be elected to the Dail in 2yrs time as I would expect him to be and even in government; do we expect to see a complete and total reversal of the downgrading ot the Louth to a point of the return of paediatric services? or do we see an intelligent chap realising that he cant do so and balance the books?

Keelan is another of the dynastic elected in this election.

Yeah i left Keelan out,forgot about him and the Da.

This is a local election result and not a GE result(SF got 11/12 candidates elected in Louth and the 12th failed to get elected by just 2 votes.)

If SF can get these results and gains again in 2 years time(maybe a shorter period),who knows? Then we have a different dynamic.

BTW SF have provided approved audited estimates for budget spending over the last 6 or more years and have some of the most astute and intelligent young economic graduates in this country as supporters.

SF is The only political party with Euro and local reps in all four corners of the country.

On the hospital issue.FG/Labour have fecked it around so much that they have nearly made it impossible to bring it back on line as a proper hospital .It is a take-away sort of an effort these days and only a part time first aid station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Hmmmm...there is a touch of a seige mentality to your posts I feel. I m not at all disregarding SF's recent success, if anything Im thinking along the lines of ' now is the chance to change the mindset of many use it' but that this is easier said than done. Some people within SF are seeing this election as the breakthrough, but I while agree that it is not a GE, i'm not sure the gains will stick unless there is obvious delivery from SF led councils. If there was a GE tomorrow well then I think SF would continue on the current upward trend.

I disagree with your ascertation that the position of the Louth is irreversable. Full 24hr surgical/radiologist cover and you are a long way back toward being an acute emergency trauma unit, which is the main requirement for a town the size of Dundalk, I wouldnt be so bothered about clinics etc returning.

If there are audited budget proposals and i dont doubt there are well then SF are not successfully highlighting this as this is their main weakness in public perception.

Siege mentality or Stockholm syndrome? :) Fair enough Nesta99.going to leave it at that,good talking to you.

Advertisement