Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotcall Debt Collection??

Options
  • 17-04-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I was out of the country for a few months with work and didnt have access to my work voicemail. I returned this week to find my voicemail full with calls from a woman claiming to be a recuiter from "MPC" with a confidential oppertunity.
    I googled her number and found out that she is in fact a debt collector from a company in Glasgow called Scotcall. Has anyone here had any dealing with this company? What irish company do they work on behalf of?

As far as I know I dont have any debt issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If she is a recruiter, then why do you think she is contacting you about a debt issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

dudara wrote: »
    If she is a recruiter, then why do you think she is contacting you about a debt issue?

I Googled her phone number which brought me to her LinkedIn page. She is not a recruiter, she is a debt collector. The company she claimed to work for doesn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Why not call her back and see what the craic is? If you've no debts what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Why not call her back and see what the craic is? If you've no debts what's the problem?

I want to find out what I can about this company before I call them back. Something just feels a bit shady about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ill call her back for you! pm me the number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There is an executive at MPC Executive Search Services who is also with Scotcall. Christian name begins with a Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Or alternatively, take no action. If you're not interested in a position change, or believe you have no outstanding debts, then take no action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement