Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Beach

Options
  • 17-04-2014 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I went for a walk on the beach last on the back of the playing pitches and O'Dwyers.
    There were a group of people drinking which is not unusual, but what struck me was how old they were. They were in early 20's and had an Alsatian dog running wild.

Just wondering is this normal? If its normal, why don't the police come down regularly?

I was half thinking of ringing the police so see if they could move them on or at least ask them to put the dog on a lead and keep it under control.
    Then I decided it would probably be a waste of time and went home myself.

I can't understand why people do this and more so, I'm disappointed in myself for not ringing the police.

It has the potential to be such a nice place if it weren't for a handful of people just lobbing around drinking in open areas.

Its such a shame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Its used by dog walkers as a shi-ite dumping ground
    Any time ive said something ive been abused verbally
    Its a shame cos its a nice amenity to the locality when its a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

Normal and not normal. Normally the train station car park is quiet. Tuesday evening 20 male teens entered, threw stones and each other and anything and did it for 20 mins. I called the cops and the said 'yea I'll send a car around '. They didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

That's shocking Jim - really is so off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

ring the guards if they dont send a car, email your councillor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cripton

I just wanted to know if anyone is doing something about the dogs. My other half and I went down for a walk with our toddler who was nearly thrown to the floor by a dog that looked like a horse. When my husband confronted the owner he only got abuse. my kid wanted to play with the sand but i wouldn´t let her cause i had seen a dog having a s**te while the owner was looking away pretending that nothing was going on so I do not trust what is hidden in the sand... We have given up on the beach at the bottom of cardy rock. bullied out by dogs without leads and owners who do not care about using the beaches as their private toilet. I was thinking about putting a formal complain but I do not know where to start. (the implementation of Spot fines on dog owners who do not clean after their dogs in the Balbriggan beaches will put Ireland out of the recession in no time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

As a responsible dog owner that really really upsets me - It's also a problem for other dog owners too.
    I've been abused for offering a poo bag to people to pick up after their dog has a cr*p.
    Also really pees me off when dogs come charging up to my dogs and cause fights.

Really unfair on all of us !
    Pity as we all get tarred with one brush and have to suffer if a ban comes into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Cripton wrote: »
    I just wanted to know if anyone is doing something about the dogs. My other half and I went down for a walk with our toddler who was nearly thrown to the floor by a dog that looked like a horse. When my husband confronted the owner he only got abuse. my kid wanted to play with the sand but i wouldn´t let her cause i had seen a dog having a s**te while the owner was looking away pretending that nothing was going on so I do not trust what is hidden in the sand... We have given up on the beach at the bottom of cardy rock. bullied out by dogs without leads and owners who do not care about using the beaches as their private toilet. I was thinking about putting a formal complain but I do not know where to start. (the implementation of Spot fines on dog owners who do not clean after their dogs in the Balbriggan beaches will put Ireland out of the recession in no time)

Sorry for being blunt. Its you that has to do something- get onto fingal dog warden, this is what they deal with! Id video the owner and dog running around off the lead etc for the warden, careful the owner doesn't see you. That s a nice stretch down there be a shame if it went downhill!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Any advice I've ever seen from the police has always been never video anyone doing anything..Besides the possibility of you getting a hiding from them, it cannot be used by them anyway.

Sorry for being blunt. Its you that has to do something- get onto fingal dog warden, this is what they deal with! Id video the owner and dog running around off the lead etc for the warden, careful the owner doesn't see you. That s a nice stretch down there be a shame if it went downhill!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

My friend (Brazilian) was bit on the leg by a pit bull off Dorset street near the mater. Naturally she went to A&E as she didn't know any better, waited several hours etc. He got her good, was a decent bite. She needed to take a week off work as she was in pain and couldn't walk. She reported it to the Garda who said they could do nothing without the address of the dog owner. Several weeks later she saw the same guy, with the dog, and followed him to what was presumably his home. She gave the address to the Garda who said 'Ok, we will check that out' and that was it. Nothing was ever done, at least that she heard of. She was totally disheartened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Regarding Fingal coco, they pumped raw human sewage onto the beach for over 26 hours a while ago

Regarding Balbriggan cops
    They stole cash which had been stolen from the village store in Lusk.

So a few adults having a drink on a beach? Really?!

I saw a few hardened alcoholics drinking on the steps of the Dublin Corpo buildings earlier at about half 4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

few adults having a drink? Are you for real?
    You think they are sitting there sipping vino and a waiter running down from the beach front café taking orders?

These are a group of 10 to 12 gaugers getting pissed up with a german shepard on the loose running wild.

So yeah really.
    Regarding Fingal coco, they pumped raw human sewage onto the beach for over 26 hours a while ago

Regarding Balbriggan cops
    They stole cash which had been stolen from the village store in Lusk.

So a few adults having a drink on a beach? Really?!

I saw a few hardened alcoholics drinking on the steps of the Dublin Corpo buildings earlier at about half 4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 PND

It's bottom-of-the-barrel scumbags like what the OP describes that are the reason for the recent laws against drinking in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Advertisement