Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation of Line New House problems

Options
  • 17-04-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,
    We have moved into our new house and have been trying to get eircom in.The line was brought to the road and subsequently under the road at our expense and your engineers request. There is simply a complete lack of communication,we have had KNnetworks,contracted by Eircom out here 5 times now telling us they cant connect because there is no 'free pair' on the existing line.
    When I have asked them where do we go from here,they simply throw their hands in the air & state that they d'ont know & it's more than likely too costly for just one house. Here's the thing... Just how costly is it? Where do I find this out? Where do I go from here? If I contact Customer Care who have all been more than helpful I end up with another KN Networks engineer at my door throwing his hands in the air and scratching his head.
    Please help me get in contact with the relevant person,thank you.
    Order number is:6023981P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

cork2013 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We have moved into our new house and have been trying to get eircom in.The line was brought to the road and subsequently under the road at our expense and your engineers request. There is simply a complete lack of communication,we have had KNnetworks,contracted by Eircom out here 5 times now telling us they cant connect because there is no 'free pair' on the existing line.
    When I have asked them where do we go from here,they simply throw their hands in the air & state that they d'ont know & it's more than likely too costly for just one house. Here's the thing... Just how costly is it? Where do I find this out? Where do I go from here? If I contact Customer Care who have all been more than helpful I end up with another KN Networks engineer at my door throwing his hands in the air and scratching his head.
    Did you ever get a response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,
    Hi cork2013

I'm very sorry to hear this, I have requested clarification on this from operations and as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cork2013

KN Networks rang my husband yesterday to say they would be here Tuesday for a line installation. I am only to believe it when I see it as we have had this phonecall & subsequent visit before. I am trying to not be too hopeful but fingers crossed. Will say the prayers tonight!!

KN Networks rang my husband yesterday to say they would be here Tuesday for a line installation. I am only to believe it when I see it as we have had this phonecall & subsequent visit before. I am trying to not be too hopeful but fingers crossed. Will say the prayers tonight!!
    Hi cork2013

I will create a note on this order to highlight the uregency on this, apologies for the inconvenience so far.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cork2013

Hi Alan,
    We still have no line and no further information, not surprised. However today a modem from Eircom arrived in the post. If I were to get excited & think a line had been put in in the middle of the night and hooked up that would be absolutely brilliant however I am a realist! Do you know why this happened or who do I contact about it?

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,
    We still have no line and no further information, not surprised. However today a modem from Eircom arrived in the post. If I were to get excited & think a line had been put in in the middle of the night and hooked up that would be absolutely brilliant however I am a realist! Do you know why this happened or who do I contact about it?
    Hi cork2013

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear this and I can understand your disappointment with this experience so far. I would like to assure you that I have now escalated this to operations and await clarification on their position on this delay and of course requested a resolution as soon as possible. As soon as I have any further Information or feedback I will be in touch with you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement