Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD TV - quick question

• 17-04-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question - does the fact that my Samsung LCD TV (about five or six years old) have a HDMI socket mean that it's HD ready/enabled?

I can't see anything on the back of the telly, nor in the manual.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭AndersKP

Hi,

I would put my favourite chocolate bunny easter egg on it being HD ready.

HD ready sets have been on the market for about 10 years now and HDMI arrived a few years after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cheers, I suspect the same (based on no knowledge whatsoever though).

When you say "HD ready", do I need to do something to enable the HD'ness, or will it just play HD channels if I tune them in?

(apologies for the really thick question, but I'm no good at this sort of stuff!)

Fear not you are not alone, I worked in retail at the time and the 'ready' part caused so much confusion!

The HDready symbol is an acknowledgment that the TV meets the minimum requirements to receive and display an HD signal ie watch Sky HD or play PS3 games in HD.

This is a universal accreditation amongst brands and products. The TV itself is plug and play more or less.

What are you trying to connect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm not trying to connect anything at the moment.

It's a long and complicated story, but I'm trying to squeeze a deal out of a certain TV provider and there wasn't much point in looking for HD channels if my telly wasn't capable of receiving them!

Thanks very much for the info.

Anytime.

Ps: stick it to the man!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement