Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

templecarrig school

Options
  • 17-04-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I have been told that this new school/college is due to open for students in September this year. I have not seen any sign of a builder moving on to the site. Did I miss something. It will be an amazing achievement to have a second level college built and ready for opening after the summer. Classrooms, Workshops, Science Laboratories, Home Economics room, PE Hall, offices, etc can't be built in in 4 months.
    A small extension at St Brigid's is still not completed and work commenced on this back before the summer. I hope and wish all well with the construction and look forward to a new school being opened in September.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

vinpaul wrote: »
    I have been told that this new school/college is due to open for students in September this year. I have not seen any sign of a builder moving on to the site. Did I miss something. It will be an amazing achievement to have a second level college built and ready for opening after the summer. Classrooms, Workshops, Science Laboratories, Home Economics room, PE Hall, offices, etc can't be built in in 4 months.
    A small extension at St Brigid's is still not completed and work commenced on this back before the summer. I hope and wish all well with the construction and look forward to a new school being opened in September.

http://www.templecarrigschool.ie/principal.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

There is a bit of an old rough track into a field just before the two primary schools, the ET and the Gaelscoil. Is that the proposed site?

It seems crazy not to have even started the work at this late stage. Its not like there are no builders available because they're all so busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A temporary building is going in this September and then a new one in September 2015

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Yeah, but that will cost more in the long run, as well as being disruptive for the first two years.
    They should have started it six months ago, and just finished it in one go.

Advertisement