Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing fibre yourself

Options
  • 17-04-2014 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Is it possible to install eFibre myself? Someone came out and installed the phone line already back in February. Im just wondering because I have been waiting since December 2013. For instance, is it as easy as buying a fibre router and hooking it up to the little box in your house next to the phone line?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is it possible to install eFibre myself? Someone came out and installed the phone line already back in February. Im just wondering because I have been waiting since December 2013. For instance, is it as easy as buying a fibre router and hooking it up to the little box in your house next to the phone line?
    Hi cathalomurchu

It's not possible to install yourself - A technician needs to work on the line coming in to the socket in your house as well as installing the router.

Have you placed your order? If so PM me the order number and I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭cathalomurchu

Ok thanks. No its ok, I've been waiting for months and whenever I've contacted customer support they've done nothing. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ok thanks. No its ok, I've been waiting for months and whenever I've contacted customer support they've done nothing. 
    Sorry to hear this cathalomurchu

I you change your mind let me know.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement