Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommend a flooring company/person

Options
  • 17-04-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

To lay a wooden floor in an old cottage in the Greystones area, any recommendations would be appreciated.

I will also need a;
    Plumber
    Painter
    Kitchen fitter

I could use Golden pages, but I am always keen to use word of mouth recommendations for trust-worthy local tradesmen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

I'd highly recommend Martsworth in Ashford. We've just redone our (very old) house & the guys there were great & really worked with us both with budget & time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peehadc

Just got a floor put down by Mulveys of Dundrum. Very fast & fitting job was top notch. They charge ~€20/sq yard to lay it where as bash in martsworth will charge half that, but his unit price of timber is a bit higher than Mulveys so the total prices will be similar. Don't get robbed on underlay unless you've under floor heating, they make serious profit here. Also do as much of he prep work yourself ie lifting old floor, removal of skirting/ replacing etc as they all charge big bucks to do this. I was quoted €50 for removal/reattaching skirting. As un-DIY as I am even I could do this, mind YouTube helped a little..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

To lay a wooden floor in an old cottage in the Greystones area, any recommendations would be appreciated.

I will also need a;
    Plumber
    Painter
    Kitchen fitter

I could use Golden pages, but I am always keen to use word of mouth recommendations for trust-worthy local tradesmen.

I know some one who can do the lot for you, I got him to do work on my home and he is currently working in my mother's house.I recommended him to another boardsie for something similar and they were delighted.PM if want details. Btw I only know this person through work he did for me so no agenda, just that he's good.

Advertisement