Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show (April 18th)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I assume this is a pre recorded late late special. Seems to be the norm for Good Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It is normally a shorter than usual show for Good Friday.

Pianist Ling Lang is definitely the last person to fill the 90 minute slot.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0417/609440-charity-sing-off-for-late-late-show/

It will be interesting to see how the celebs do in the charity sing-off but I think we might cringe about they preform though.

The best bit of the show will be seeing Knight Rider's KITT in the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

I assume this is a pre recorded late late special. Seems to be the norm for Good Friday.

Nope, it's live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

They should send an Outside Broadcast Unit to Temple Bar to film the confused foreign Stag and Hen Parties wandering aimlessly in search of alcohol.

That's always fun, especially watching it from home with a nicely stocked fridge :)

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tourists-baffled-as-ireland-turns-into-drinkfree-zone-29163761.html
    Few native Dubliners were on the scene, but a steady stream of tourists seemed bewildered by the staid and subdued atmosphere which had befallen what they had believed was "party central".

"I had no idea you don't sell alcohol today. It's a bit disappointing because I wanted to try some Guinness here," lamented Blanca Vilamancos (23), who had arrived in Ireland from Burgos in northern Spain on Thursday for a seven-day jaunt with her sister, Jimena (24).

He added: "We didn't find out until this morning that we couldn't buy a drink in the pubs.

"That explains why it's very quiet around here. We were expecting lots of music and the pubs to be full of people."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

KITTeh!

1233089931_a2cdb72.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

A few religious metaphors for holy week.

6KEyMs.jpg

Love the Kitt-Eh!

Can't compete with that, but here's a dog to keep things balanced

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQamV6aNlSCqcRYbGqv-g50Rx4uNGxMdW7O5wvoLzJ9Y6VD_9BC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No Twink or Amanda Brunker singing for charity :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm pretty County Hurler has committed a few "Mortlers" with those pics!!!....No Easter Bunny chocs for him!!!

And WM..........The KITT-eh was pure genius!....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Twink or Amanda Brunker singing for charity :eek:

Or Jedward. :P :P :D:D

I wonder if the result will be determined entirely by public vote - or if there'll be regional juries involved, as well as a scoreboard that's incapable of going above 99... :o:D:D;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder if the result will be determined entirely by public vote - or if there'll be regional juries involved, as well as a scoreboard that's incapable of going above 99... :o:D:D;);)

Billy, Linda and Lulu Walsh to judge please

We should have the works Harvey!...

And Boardies should get a special vote also!!...;)

(for all our pain and suffering over the season!)

Well, Billy anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

is linda martin taking part?

*fingers crossed*

she dosent need to reach for the stars, shes not even on this planet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Happy Easter yall!

http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/1862-before-fame/471941-ryan-tubridy-on-scratch-saturday/

I remember all these books like it was yesterday. God I'm old :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

amdublin wrote: »
    Happy Easter yall!

http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/1862-before-fame/471941-ryan-tubridy-on-scratch-saturday/

I remember all these books like it was yesterday. God I'm old :(

Proof how some people get an Illuminati style career given to them for life with no skills whatsoever other than their families political connections. We are also regularly then given the offspring of blunt presenters with no training in the real world who are handed careers by connections obtained within corrupt state owned organisations to breed the political aspirations of their "handlers".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Im actually going to the show tonight. Hope there is plenty of freebies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Make sure and give us a wave!

Come back on afterwards and let us know how it was.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

And Twink, I think that would be the finishing touch.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wear a flashing badge or something to identify yourself :D

• Advertisement

Wear a flashing badge or something to identify yourself :D

You dont need to wear anything. Just smile and pretend like you are enjoying the show, this should be enough to distinguish you from the rest of the audience.

The Runners and Riders for the Stars in their Eyes Rip-off

Eileen Dunne Whelan RTE Newsreader who is often confused with Eileen Dunne, raising money for the Laura Lynn Hospice

Eamonn Coughlan World Champion Athlete, Senator, Fine Gaeler, he's running for Console

Cathy Kelly Popular Author of Chick Lit books, doing it for UNICEF tonight

Emma O'Driscoll RTE Childrens TV Presenter and former member of Legendary Popsters Six, representing the 'Baby Max Wings of Love' Charity

Surely Emma O'Driscoll is a proper Singer, and the others aren't? She won Popstars and got into Six, and had the biggest selling Irish Single of all time, and all that. Ah well ...

Skid X wrote: »
    Eileen Dunne Newsreader extraordinaire, raising money for the Laura Lynn Hospice

RTE TEN and Entertainment.ie both said it would be Eileen Whelan...
    RTE TEN wrote:
    The Late Late Show – Reach for the Stars sees well-known personalities transform themselves into pop stars with author Cathy Kelly, Senator Eamonn Coughlan, newscaster Eileen Whelan and television present(er) Emma O’Driscoll all taking on the challenge for their chosen charities.
    In fairness though, this is all for a really good cause as these famous faces transforms themselves into four iconic pop stars. Popular newsreader Eileen Whelan will be turning into sixties pop sensation Rumour and will be belting out a tune in aid of the Laura Lynn Children’s Hospice.

So who's wrong? :o:o:D:D:);)

RTE TEN and Entertainment.ie both said it would be Eileen Whelan...

So who's wrong? :o:o:D:D:);)

Ah that was a mistake , but Eileen Dunne would have been more interesting. Changed now :o

Eileen Whelan
    Eamonn Coughlan
    Cathy Kelly
    Emma O'Driscoll

Surely Emma O'Driscoll is a proper Singer, and the others aren't? She won Popstars and got into Six, and had the biggest selling Irish Single of all time, and all that. Ah well ...

I only know Eamonn Coughlan....:o

Can't picture the rest.....and never heard of Ireland's biggest Irish Single seller....:eek:

Tubs: "Kitt, you had a long and distinguished career in Music, Film and Television. Your voice is iconic, and you were known to millions around the World. But you died in 2008 - how did that make you feel?"

Kitt:
    "You have mistaken me for Eartha Kitt, you idiot. I am the car from Knight Rider"

I only know Eamonn Coughlan....:o

Can't picture the rest.....and never heard of Ireland's biggest Irish Single seller....:eek:

I looked up Eileen Whelan, I recognised her then, but I don't believe I knew her name before.

Tubs: "Kitt, you had a long and distinguished career in Music, Film and Television. Your voice is iconic, and you were known to millions around the World. But you died in 2008 - how did that make you feel?"

Kitt:
    "You have mistaken me for Eartha Kitt, you idiot. I am the car from Knight Rider"

And do you know Niall Horan...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Kitt:

Listen, I'm sure whatever Tubs asks his guests, they will be probing questions and he will try and get them to expand on their answers, rather then just ticking off a list of questions.......

Actually, is there any chance they would let KITT host the show,

• Advertisement

Actually, is there any chance they would let KITT host the show,

Even a computer would bring more spontaneity and unpredictability to the show..

Just heading off to get a bit of food but I'll be back by 9.30.. It's days like today that I thank god that I'm a heathen..

lbs.beer_burger.jpeg

amdublin wrote: »

They groomed him the whole way didnt they.. (Not sure what the designed mole above his lip is all about... though Madonna was big at the time? )

7FFegk.jpg

Regaring Bill Graham's U2 book, he says:
    "Probably one of the most boring books ever written... in the world. Bill Graham's attempt from the very beginning for the obsessive U2 fan .. He really has sat down and analyzed this book and read every word with intensity .. and terribly boring, you know, I couldnt bear it.. I really couldnt"..

Can you ever imagine the painfully sycophantic Mr Tubridy coming out with something so controversial nowadays..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Even a computer would bring more spontaneity and unpredictability to the show..

Just heading off to get a bit of food but I'll be back by 9.30.. It's days like today that I thank god that I'm a heathen..

Heathen is right, "organic" tomato ketchup. LA DEE DAH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

The 'Producers' really phoned it in this week.

Jesus wept...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY! :)

Hopefully tonight will be a 'level playing field' and that nobody is on 'Louis' payroll' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Mr E wrote: »
    A Reach for the Stars special apparently (celebs dress up as celeb singers and perform for charity).

More here:
    http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/A-rather-unusual-Late-Late-in-store-for-you-this-week-AND-the-most-famous-car-in-the-world/253509.htm

Plus the car from Knightrider (though I'm not sure what KITT is singing).

ah kitt will watch it just for that lol.....hello all not been here in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

It is normally a shorter than usual show for Good Friday. .

It should be longer than usual, being a day of penitence & suffering! 😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Stat of the week:

Last week, there were 589 posts in the LLS thread. Of these, the top contributor was grey_so_what with a total of 86 posts, or almost 15% of the entire thread!

Dis-Honourable Mention

keith16 only managed to consume 5 bottles of Leffe. He fell asleep on the sofa playing "Far Cry 3" and awoke at 3:37am in a confused mess.

Happy Easter Everyone! :)

I hope the Easter Bunny appears to ye all with buckets of chocolate!!....:)

The show sounds dreary....

But that generally means a good thread so Yea!!!!!

(and a few bob for the charities can't go astray!)....

NetNinja wrote: »
    It should be longer than usual, being a day of penitence & suffering! 😳

The show is on til 11.05pm tonight ... Tubridy looks b*ll*xed as usual, having spent the week moonlighting in the UK...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I thought herbie was the most famous car on t.v:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ask Ryan "How's the leg?"

keith16 wrote: »
    Stat of the week:

Last week, there were 589 posts in the LLS thread. Of these, the top contributor was grey_so_what with a total of 86 posts, or almost 15% of the entire thread!

Dis-Honourable Mention

keith16 only managed to consume 5 bottles of Leffe. He fell asleep on the sofa playing "Far Cry 3" and awoke at 3:37am in a confused mess.

He did............yeah..........he toddled off to watch House of Cards if I remember correctly.....:P

And yes......

I have little to be doing.......:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Evening all, I wonder will the Hoff be judging, seeing as how he has the experience of America's Got Talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening and Happy Easter Everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

got the mother visiting so we are watching online. multiple levels of pain, thankfully this thread will give some relief
    oh wait - reprieve she wants Game of Thrones instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just opened my first bottle of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

SNS Blow in says hi

Whoever owns the rights to Stars in Their Eyes will be contacting RTE about their ripping off of the format.

Even the Continuity Announcer admitted it.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Good Evening and Happy Easter Everyone :)

That post was better than an Easter egg Mrs!......:):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement