Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show (April 18th)

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

brooke 2 wrote: »
    The fact that Anne Doyle's brother runs the place would have nothing to do with it! ;)

That explains why Anne was wearing those dazzling silver jewellery pieces that almost necessitated us wearing sunglasses whenever she presented the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That explains why Anne was wearing those dazzling silver jewellery pieces that almost necessitated us wearing sunglasses whenever she presented the news.

'Jewellery' pieces??? Surely you mean
    cutlery!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

And I thought Ann had just a cutlery fetish when I used to see the knives and forks around her neck.......:(

You know, I didnt have the heart to correct you :pac:

I think you're going soft in your old age CH.....

I knew there something was wrong with that post!. Sobriety is ridiculously over-rated!...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

facehit.gif

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/late-late-show-talent-contest-1423342-Apr2014/

That's a video of Eamonn Coughlan accidentally hitting Eileen Newsreader in the face at then end of the show. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    That's a video of Eamonn Coughlan accidentally hitting Eileen Newsreader in the face at then end of the show. Ouch.

What Did She Do To Deserve This?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I think you're going soft in your old age CH.....
    I knew there something was wrong with that post!. Sobriety is ridiculously over-rated!...;)

Well my first thought when you posted "Thelma Flinstone" was to say 'Who was it that played her, Susan Sarandon or Geena Davis.:confused: "

But I relented.

Well my first thought when you posted "Thelma Flinstone" was to say 'Who was it that played her, Susan Sarandon or Geena Davis.:confused: "

But I relented.

And that pause button is to be admired....:D:D:D

I don't even know a Thelma!!....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

brooke 2 wrote: »

What I really like about her charity, 'Baby Max - Wings of Love' is how
    the parents have been quietly raising money, contacting the
    hospitals to find out from them what equipment they need, purchasing the required equipment from pharmaceutical companies (after haggling for the best price!) and delivering
    it to the hospitals themselves. No money is handed over to
    any hospital and Max's parents do it all for free.

That is the kind of charity to which I want to contribute - not those who fork out €100,000 to their CEOs!!

Agreed. I saw the parents of Baby Max interviewed done years ago, and I thought they were amazing.
    Likewise the LauraLynn Foundation, the stories behind some of these charities, and how they came to be, often following tragedy in the founders own lives, are truly moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Thanks Skid, handy to have nos.all easily visible.To be honest the charities were all so deserving I just texted all, gave Emma a few extra,'cos she was the best;) The others deserved kudos for putting themselves out there.Especially Eamon, he had some guts to look like that and call what he did singing :eek:. Great charities, good people.

dcmm wrote: »
    Thanks Skid, handy to have nos.all easily visible.To be honest the charities were all so deserving I just texted all, gave Emma a few extra,'cos she was the best;) The others deserved kudos for putting themselves out there.Especially Eamon, he had some guts to look like that and call what he did singing :eek:. Great charities, good people.

Agreed. I think Emma had it the easiest, being an actual recognised singer, and dressing up as Imelda May. She was always going to top the audience vote, so no surprise that happened on the night.
    I say well done to Eamonn Coughlan because he looked daft (I mean that in a good way), and also to the two ladies, Cathy Kelly, and Eileen Whelan, because they haven't done something like this before, but gave it their best shot, for good causes.

And I thought Ann had just a cutlery fetish when I used to see the knives and forks around her neck.......:(

I think her partner owns a restaurant, so you could be right gsw :D.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I think her partner owns a restaurant, so you could be right gsw :D.

Ann has the right idea Lynn, good food and fancy plates and cutlery "on the cheap" as the Dad used to say....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just voted for the contestants. The story behind LauraLynn always makes me so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Just voted for the contestants. The story behind LauraLynn always makes me so sad.

It is heartbreaking - I am in awe at the strength of the mother of Laura and Lynn. I have seen her on TV a few times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement