Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance Calls from Eircom 01 7652760

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Ah necromancy at work again...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

dub45 wrote: »
    33k will really put manners on them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm getting calls from 01 7652760 and they always hang up when I answer. Why? And instead of saying you'll remove people from a list how about the courtesy of explaining what these calls are and have the good manners to speak to people when they answer? 

I'm getting calls from 01 7652760 and they always hang up when I answer. Why? And instead of saying you'll remove people from a list how about the courtesy of explaining what these calls are and have the good manners to speak to people when they answer? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Adrienne Prickly Washer

These are courtesy calls to update you on your account and to ensure you are availing of the best value deals available to you. I'm sorry the agent did not speak when you recently received call - this is not considered the norm and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

These are courtesy calls to update you on your account and to ensure you are availing of the best value deals available to you. I'm sorry the agent did not speak when you recently received call - this is not considered the norm and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al
    You have got to be kidding Al. Had so many calls that nobody spoke.. don't answer them anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Originally posted by eircom: Alan 

These are courtesy calls to update you on your account 

this is lies..... its unsolicited calling... 

stezie wrote: »
    If I ring the number back myself i get an automated response to say that eircom/meteor are trying to sell me something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

prodsc wrote: »

Thanks
    Al
    You have got to be kidding Al. Had so many calls that nobody spoke.. don't answer them anymore..
    Hi prodsc
    this is obviously an issue there and it seems that others have had same experience. We have passed this information on. Can you PM me with your tel. no and we can see if you can be removed from this list.
    Again apologies that you have received these calls.
    Tony

Thanks
    Al
    Alan, No offence but that is quite an insulting reply. They have called several times and despite promptly answering the calls they hung up every time.
    As for a courtesy call: please call a spade a spade. It was an unsolicited marketing attempt despite our being signed up not to receive such calls.
    I won't send you my number as I value my online confidentiality here.
    I used to think a lot of eircom and have been with them since they began but these calls have soured me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks
    Al
    Alan, No offence but that is quite an insulting reply. They have called several times and despite promptly answering the calls they hung up every time.
    As for a courtesy call: please call a spade a spade. It was an unsolicited marketing attempt despite our being signed up not to receive such calls.
    I used to think a lot of eircom and have been with them since they began but these calls have soured me.
    Hi Scrameen
    this is obviously an issue there and it seems that others have had same experience. Our apologies that you received these and I have passed this information on. I understand you would want to keep your privacy but if you do wish to PM me with your tel. no I can see if you can be removed from any marketing dialing list.
    Again apologies that you have received these calls. This is certainly not a policy for eircom to call and hang up. It would ( and has in these cases) just annoy people.
    I have reported this and hope we can resolve the issue.
    Tony

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Scrameen
    this is obviously an issue there and it seems that others have had same experience. Our apologies that you received these and I have passed this information on. I understand you would want to keep your privacy but if you do wish to PM me with your tel. no I can see if you can be removed from any marketing dialing list.
    Again apologies that you have received these calls. This is certainly not a policy for eircom to call and hang up. It would ( and has in these cases) just annoy people.
    I have reported this and hope we can resolve the issue.
    Tony

Tony
    Not a policy of Eircom to call and hang up?  Just 2 examples easily found by googling 01 7652760

An issue here??? This seems quite clearly to have been going on since at least 2013 with the exact same responses from the Eircom reps. Why so?
    Also, if a number has signed up for no unsolicited marketing calls why are Eircom ignoring this? I feel like contacting  the regulator at this stage. And I will give them links to complaints online about 01 7652760  going back over 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PADDYOT

Hi Folks,

I'm having the very same problem myself from this number. I can't PM any of the Eircom reps here as I don't have enought posts for PM privileges and I'd rather not post my details on a public forum.

@Eircom reps, is there a number I can ring and speak to a rep directly who can amend my accound so that I no longer receive these calls?

TBH I find them more than a bit sinister, the phone rings and no matter how quickly it's answered they hang up! Why is this the practice?? Do the employees have to ring a pre-determined quota of numbers per shift and they're just trying to rack up the numbers quickly?

To say I'm very disappointed in Eircom would be a gross understatement! Plenty more other service providers out there offering good deals, doubt very much I'll be renewing when my contract is up if I can't get them to cease the nuisance calls, we got an unlisted number to prevent this sort of thing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

PADDYOT wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I'm having the very same problem myself from this number. I can't PM any of the Eircom reps here as I don't have enought posts for PM privileges and I'd rather not post my details on a public forum.

@Eircom reps, is there a number I can ring and speak to a rep directly who can amend my accound so that I no longer receive these calls?

TBH I find them more than a bit sinister, the phone rings and no matter how quickly it's answered they hang up! Why is this the practice?? Do the employees have to ring a pre-determined quota of numbers per shift and they're just trying to rack up the numbers quickly?

To say I'm very disappointed in Eircom would be a gross understatement! Plenty more other service providers out there offering good deals, doubt very much I'll be renewing when my contract is up if I can't get them to cease the nuisance calls, we got an unlisted number to prevent this sort of thing.....
    Its a machine that does the dialing for a bank of tele sales reps, as soon as there is an answer to the call a rep is supposed to pick up on the call but the stupid companies that run these sales teams are so greedy they set the automatic dialers to dial too fast so there often aren't any reps to take the calls. The dialer software itself can also be faulty and not realise its got an answer. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Think at this stage, there's two issues that the reps need to supply answer for.

1. How are the numbers getting on the list despite customers unchecking marketing calls. Is calling them courtesy calls a way around this?
    2. In the modern age, what exactly takes one calendar month to update a paying customers preferences?

my3cents wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Its a machine that does the dialing for a bank of tele sales reps, as soon as there is an answer to the call a rep is supposed to pick up on the call but the stupid companies that run these sales teams are so greedy they set the automatic dialers to dial too fast so there often aren't any reps to take the calls. The dialer software itself can also be faulty and not realise its got an answer. 
    I see, thanks for the explanation. Still very bloody annoying though!

Hi Folks,

Hi PADDYOT

If you are an emobile customer you can reach them on 1800690000. If you are an eircom customer you can reach them on free phone 1901.

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience this is creating and I will ensure to pass on your feedback.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Folks,

Hi PADDYOT

If you are an emobile customer you can reach them on 1800690000. If you are an eircom customer you can reach them on free phone 1901.

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience this is creating and I will ensure to pass on your feedback.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al, I'll give them a ring, much appreciated.

Hi Folks,

Hi PADDYOT

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al, I'll give them a ring, much appreciated.

No problem PADDYOT

Al

I'm getting calls from this number. They either just hang up when I answer or I get "hold" music. I am set up for no marketing calls but Eircom will probably say these are courtesy calls. I'm annoyed at marketing calls at the best of times but what really gets my goat is that they haven't the decency to speak to me when I answer. If you're calling then at least respond to the customer answering that at least would be a courtesy.

edit. Just did Live Chat with Eircom and the rep said the number is not Eircom. You really need to get your stories straight and your act together. I'm out of contract and seriously thinking of leaving Eircom after over 30 years with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

So they have started up at this again. Got a call this evening from 01 7652760. I got a few bars of on hold music before an out of breath guy said he was from Eircom then asked if I was happy with my Eircom phone line. I just put the phone down as there is nothing Eircom can sell me, my local exchange isn't enabled for any from of Broadband and last time I bothered listening the sales rep wanted me to sign up to a 12 month contract so they could shave a few euro off the extortionate line rental charges.  

Seem to get this once a year and they normally come in three's so I expect a couple more calls in the weeks to come.

Just realised the sales rep specifically referred to Eircom and not eir, but if he said eir I probably would have wondered what he was on about and the call would have been even shorter.

Advertisement