Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance Calls from Eircom 01 7652760

Options
  • 17-04-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I specifically make the point of deselecting the option for maketing calls so i do not be annoyed by companies such as this. More and more this company is acting in an unprofessional manor.

I have had 10 calls in the past two days from this number and when i answer i get a ring tone as if i am ringing someone. If I ring the number back myself i get an automated response to say that eircom/meteor are trying to sell me something..

Please forward this comlaint to the relevant department and have them not cold call unsubscribed phone numbers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

is that something to do with someone sending a text to your house phone.

had a similar problem a few years back, but cant remember the number so can be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

no they are calling my mobile phone number. I dont have an eircom phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Thanks for NO follow up on this EIRCOM..

I recieved a letter on 17April regarding an issue with Eircoms direct Debits. Even though I do not have direct debit on my account, the letter informed me that I owe €138 plus €30 in direct debit fees. I rang 1901 and was told to disregard the letter as everything was up to date..

Today I recieved another call from that number above. I was first told that the call will be recorded. I was then asked did I recieve the SEPA / Direct Debit letter. I said, i did and was told to disregard it when i rang 1901. And the guy backed down when i said i do not have direct debits and my bill is paid up to date. I had to ask for supervisor to complain about the calls, which could only be described as harrassement, and believe i was passed to a colleague beside him, as the call was placed on mute(not hold) and the person informed me, that the computer told them who to ring. REALLY???

As I was informed this call was recorded, i presume it was instantly deleted.

How much futher of an embarrassment will this organization become..

As you can tell from the links below, not one month has passed in the past year without some sort of grief from Eircom.

last bill paid in full by direct debit. I now have 2x un paid direct debit charges?

EIRCOM can steal cash directly from your account!! BEWARE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Stezie,

Be very carefull. I got the exact same thing. Letter claiming I owe eircom money (4 years after closing any eircom account I had), rang 1901 was told to ignore it that I owed no money, got letter from a different dept after saying I did. Called 1901 again was told again I owed no money (Was in total told 6 times I didn't owe any money.) asked to speak to a supervisor as apparently they are the only people in eircom who can type out a letter, 3 months later the next day call back the agent swore on her life would happen still hasn't happened.

If you have been told by 1901 you don't need to pay this, don't. Don't accept eircom coming back later and saying there was a "Mistake" and saying you do.

They gave you a decision, their rep told you no money was owed. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

We are getting several of these calls a day and are sick of them! Can you take us off the call list? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

We are getting several of these calls a day and are sick of them! Can you take us off the call list? 
    Hi Cheshire Cat

Feel free to PM your details and I will request to have you removed

Al

Thanks! 
    PM sent.

Thanks! 
    PM sent.
    No worries
    Al

Unfortunately we are still getting calls from that number :(

HI Cheshire Cat

It can take up to 30days to be removed completely, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tommyzoom

This is happening to me too, The phone rings once or sometimes twice a day, from 017652760, As soon as I answer they hang up (ironically for a communication Co.) If you want to speak to me, then do. If you don't, then stop ringing, as it is bordering on harassment at this stage.

tommyzoom wrote: »
    This is happening to me too, The phone rings once or sometimes twice a day, from 017652760, As soon as I answer they hang up (ironically for a communication Co.) If you want to speak to me, then do. If you don't, then stop ringing, as it is bordering on harassment at this stage.
    Hi tommyzoom

Please PM me the phone number you are receiving the calls on and I will request that it is removed.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peacockfeather

Hi, I am an Eircom customer and have been getting a spate of calls from this number lately. My account number is <snip>
    Please could you get me removed from this list. Thank you.

Hi, I am an Eircom customer and have been getting a spate of calls from this number lately. My account number is <snip>
    Please could you get me removed from this list. Thank you.
    Hi Christine, I'll request this now.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I am getting phone calls from this number to my mobile phone.

Sometimes it is twice a day.

Why am I getting these calls?

If someone could PM me to sort this out it would be great.

I am getting phone calls from this number to my mobile phone.

Sometimes it is twice a day.

Why am I getting these calls?

If someone could PM me to sort this out it would be great.
    Hi dirkmeister

Sorry to hear this, the calls are from Meteor Mobile, If you would like to be removed from these calls please PM me the number you receive them to.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The same number 01 7652760 is used for sales calls I've had 3 I've answered wanting me to give me a discount if I sign up to a 12 month contract.

You tell them your not interested and the ba$tards still call you again with the same offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Why do eircom do this knowing full well it will simply piss off their customers?

Skatedude wrote: »
    Why do eircom do this knowing full well it will simply piss off their customers?
    Hi Skatedude

I can understand your feelings on this however these calls can also be beneficial at times. As an example, In some cases customers may be entitled to an upgrade in handset or indeed a call plan that may be more suitable to their needs but unaware of this.

If you are experiencing these calls do feel free to PM your details & I'll request your removal.

Thanks
    Al

I'm still getting calls after sending on my number to be taken off the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Got this call tonight. Nobody on the other end. We are not on Meteor. Ex directory on eircom.

WHY?

I asked to be taken off this list 28 days ago.

I'm still receiving calls.

The one time I answered the phone it just hung up so I fail to see how anyone could be ringing to offer me a deal?!?

Enough is enough.

I'm still getting calls from this number and it's been over a month.

Today at 12:54 was the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Ex directory also, and regularly see this number as a missed call on phone.
    Not going to compromise my anonymity here by sending the number for removal from the 'list'.
    More often than not, there is nobody here to answer the calls, so we will continue to ignore, if we are at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Ex directory also, and regularly see this number as a missed call on phone.
    Not going to compromise my anonymity here by sending the number for removal from the 'list'.
    More often than not, there is nobody here to answer the calls, so we will continue to ignore, if we are at home.

Hi Guys
    I have taken your details again and have again requested that your numbers be removed from any of our dialing lists.
    I have to advise that even when requested , this can take up to one full calendar month before all calls will cease.
    I will get back to those who have PM'd details to advise I have followed up on action.
    Tony

After a few months of blissful peace it has started again, have been getting calls again for the last fortnight.
    I feel this is harassment at this stage - how often do I have to explicitly state that I want to be left alone?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

I too have been getting these unwanted marketing calls from Eircom for ages and after reading the messages here I sent a PM to the Eircom Reps last week and asked that my number be removed.

Guess what?

1) I never got a response from the Reps, public or private.

2) I got another bl00dy marketing call today!

Not that I needed it but this is another example why I left Eircom in the first place. Their customer service is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Eircon and customer service don't go well together at all.

Shocking service provider.

Treat paying customers like complete fools.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

HI Cheshire Cat

It can take up to 30days to be removed completely, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Al
    Why?

Advertisement