Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta-claim affected???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mumof2littleang

Hi everyone im in the same boat anyone any update.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Still no news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kaykays

Hi there, I'm new to Boards.ie any unfortunately in the same Setanta mess.
    I need some advice please....
    Last October my van ran down a steep carpark smashed into a wall and was a write off. I claimed and they stalled and stalled.
    My renewal came up in Feb and as the claim was open my broker said that I had to stick with Setanta, so I did....
    Of course then they went bust, so I'm left with footing the bill for the replacement van and out 10mths premium.
    My premium with Setanta was €360 and now only Liberty will quote me €840 but Zurich will cover me for €350 if I drop the claim.....

So! How likely am I to get anything from my claim?
    Should I forget my claim and go with Zurich??
    Since the policy was cancelled I've been drivin the Mrs. car but want my van & independence back!!
    What should I do???

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Kaykays wrote: »
    Last October my van ran down a steep carpark smashed into a wall and was a write off. I claimed and they stalled and stalled.
    My renewal came up in Feb and as the claim was open my broker said that I had to stick with Setanta, so I did....
    Of course then they went bust, so I'm left with footing the bill for the replacement van and out 10mths premium.
    My premium with Setanta was €360 and now only Liberty will quote me €840 but Zurich will cover me for €350 if I drop the claim.....

Since the policy was cancelled I've been drivin the Mrs. car but want my van & independence back!!
    What should I do???

How much is the claim for your van ?

What should I do???

What was the van realisticly worth?
    It seems the way claims may be settled is through the un insured board but no news on that.
    Are you claiming for yourself or was van hit?

• Advertisement

Van was a write off €3000, no one in the van at the time. It was parked up for over an hour before it decided to go for a walk

Van was a write off €3000, no one in the van at the time. It was parked up for over an hour before it decided to go for a walk

Thats sh1t must have been faukty handbrake.

If you claim they will eventually get their money back and some and will also put you down as high risk.

So, if I go ahead with the claim I MAY get paid a fraction of the claim sometime but in the meantime I have to pay over twice the price for ins. premium.... What would you do?
    By the way has anyone received their No Claims Bonus cert from Setanta or your broker?

Advertisement