Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA - transfer - how long

Options
  • 17-04-2014 3:15pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks
    How long should I expect for a transfer from Danske to AIB to go through?
    I thought SEPA was quicker than the 4 working days?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

SEPA uses TARGET2 Trans-European Automated Real-time Gross Settlement Express Transfer System to transfer money between banks. Real Time and Express and not something banks are known for, so if your send the money before 15:00 it should be in the other bank, sometime during the next bank working day.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

yop wrote: »
    Folks
    How long should I expect for a transfer from Danske to AIB to go through?
    I thought SEPA was quicker than the 4 working days?

Thank you.
    Regulation 260/2012 states that funds must be in the account of the beneficiary on the next working day.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks folks,
    I sent a transfer from Danske last night so it wouldn't have left the account until the next business day, so today. So will check that it arrives tomorrow.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

yop wrote: »
    Thanks folks,
    I sent a transfer from Danske last night so it wouldn't have left the account until the next business day, so today. So will check that it arrives tomorrow.
    Many thanks
    Tomorrow (today) is not a working day for the banks. So if you make a transfer on Wednesday, after the deadline, money probably won't be in the beneficiary's account until Tuesday next week.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Before SEPA kicked in - funds due on Monday (or Tuesday if Monday was a bank holiday) were available via the ATM after the previous working day's overnight update (i.e. Saturday morning - or in this case the morning of Good Friday)

However SEPA appears to have changed that and the funds do not become available until the due date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement