Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aspect ratio issue between PC and TV

• 17-04-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Been struggling with this issue for weeks now, and finally came across the solution so thought I'd share in case anyone has had similar problem. Its an issue when using a HD TV with a NUC or other windows based HTPC.

My Samsung TV has native resolution of 1024x768 widescreen for HDMI PC input but this resolution on a PC is 4:3, hence the image is stretched and also dark when the PC is set for this resolution.

My workaround was to change the PC resolution to a "not recommended" 1280x720 mode and it worked fine, but this caused sync issues when changing between HDMI sources, such as switching between the HTPC and Saorview/Freesat inputs, often needing the TV to be powered off and on again to get the picture back.

Finally found this acticle, and in particular the "Sony Trick" at the end of the article - works a charm - worth a read!

Advertisement