Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPNow & VHI

Options
  • 17-04-2014 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to claim their GP visits on their VHI policy as members of GPNow? I have a suspicion that VHI have no facility to handle claims on a fee based model.

I asked VHI and they said that I have provide receipts for each visit and how much I paid for each visit, GPNow said they give one receipt at the end of the year. Anyone been through this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bert5e

Hi Oma,

I asked the very same question of VHI when the visited our office the other day. VHI told me they will not cover the GPnow business model if you join.

Hope this helps

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Thanks Rob. I suspected as much although GPNow said I would be able to claim. It doesn't make the service as attractive if I can't claim back the visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Alan152

I got back 75 from vhi this year only a few weeks ago for my go now subscription so someone is telling you fibs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I asked vhi and they told me they would pay out if the receipt was in the name of the insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FiveSive

Vhi told me I could claim back from gpnow according to my policy as long as I could provide record of number of visits and receipt for total year

• Advertisement
Advertisement