Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roads in Mayo get prayers and blessings in a bid to reduce road deaths

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The road safety officer, a council employee, is wasting some of his time organising this crap instead of doing something useful.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

ninja900 wrote: »
    The second motorbike I bought (in 1996) came with a St. Christopher medallion glued to each side of the frame.

I ditched 'em ;)

My old micra came with a St. Christopher and a cross with jebus nailed to it, both industrially glued to the dash, and a bottle of holy ghost water in the glove box. I left them ;-) I did stick a toy porsche to the jebus though, and used the holy water in the washer bottle in an emergency (thank you jebus).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Obliq wrote: »
    My old micra came with a St. Christopher and a cross with jebus nailed to it, both industrially glued to the dash, and a bottle of holy ghost water in the glove box. I left them ;-) I did stick a toy porsche to the jebus though, and used the holy water in the washer bottle in an emergency (thank you jebus).

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried drinking the holy water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

EW! No. No, I haven't. Who knows where it's been, or how long ago?! Could have been rolling down the leg of a well licked statue of jebus in medjagorje (or however it's said/spelled). Worked fine in the washer bottle though.

Have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nope, I haven't drank holy water either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Nope, I haven't drank holy water either.

I once necked a glass of potin (firewater) that made me say "Well holy God" Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

ninja900 wrote: »
    The road safety officer, a council employee, is wasting some of his time organising this crap instead of doing something useful.

And what would be useful ?

Should he be barred from organizing non religious crap as well when it comes to road safety during events ?

Council employee wasting some of his time?! I thought that was a job requirement. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

weisses wrote: »
    And what would be useful ?
    Maybe some form of data analysis of accident blackspots? Ensuring standards of road maintenance so that they are adequately surfaced, signed and trafficworthy? A campaign in the local press to remind drivers of the dangers of speeding? I’m not an expert, but if ‘Pray’ is on his list of things to do to make Mayo roads safer, perhaps he is not equal to the job?
    Should he be barred from organizing non religious crap as well when it comes to road safety during events ?
    I’d hope his job description would bar him from holding any crap event that is highly unlikely to have an impact on road safety. Praying to make the roads safer is as relevant and as useful as eating corned beef and tomato sandwiches to make the roads safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

I did once when I was about ten. It was green.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

More likely from the algae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

And not one mention of the obvious Star Trek reference. I am very dissapoint.

Advertisement