Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenge on Bullys.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

its wrong to generalise that generalisations are wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I was bullied pretty much relentlessly by a gang at school for a few years in secondary and stuff wasn't going swimmingly at home either at that time (adjusting to the death of a parent and some other stuff). I don't have any desire to "get revenge" but it did knock my confidence and I'm probably not all I could be now because of that (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! ;)) and I suppose I have some underlying feelings of resentment for that but more towards it ever happening at all then who they are now as adults. Most people do change and grow up and cop the fook on and I reckon most of them did.

I know what happened to almost all of them as I come from a town (NOT "town") and I wouldn't have wished what happened to a few of them on anyone and when I see them about my home town, all I feel is pity for them. I believe now in hindsight that most of them didn't have it easy themselves at that time.

Two of them apologised to me in my early 20s, which I really appreciated.

One incident I did take pleasure in though was when one of them tried to chat me up when I was home visiting a few years ago and was out drinking in my local. He'd no idea who I was and when I informed him of my identity politely with a smile, the expression on his face was priceless. I left it at that though. It was cheesy as fook and straight out of Jerry Springer but I can't say it didn't feel good. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

One incident I did take pleasure in though was when one of them tried to chat me up when I was home visiting a few years ago and was out drinking in my local. He'd no idea who I was and when I informed him of my identity politely with a smile, the expression on his face was priceless. I left it at that though. It was cheesy as fook and straight out of Jerry Springer but I can't say it didn't feel good. :cool:

This happened to me too! I just laughed in the guy's face, it felt so good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Resentment - its a really interesting word when it comes to this matter because the resentment I felt did not come outwards but inwards as time went on.

I was subject to a certain amount of it in school, but nowehere near what some other of my classmates had to suffer. I was always able to look after myself to a certain extent and that would scare off most but school being school, there is always someone bigger or braver that want to try it and its up to the person themselves how they want to deal with it - if they decide they do at all.

I found I handled a lot of it incorrectly for a long time in that I did nothing. As the years went by the resentment I felt was for myself and why I sat back and let myself take it.

Now if anyone is reading this (current school or college students) and you feel the same way, that feeling of resentment and growing hatred then don't do what I did - which was become extremely and explosively violent, which is something that haunts me to this day even at the age of 25. (I'm not the sort to be proactively violent - I just can be upon constant humilation or violence upon me)

I didn't just fight in school, I tried to kill them. I bit and kicked and punched and bashed their heads off walls and car wheels. That resentment which was sucked inside my became a terrible anger.

So do something else about it. Talk to the person alone (I would often confront them alone and they would be almost mouse like in comparison to earlier) or talk to someone in school or a parent. Because how you handle it will have an effect on you for the rest of your life - its not just the problem, its the solution which is just as important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

pojfexcsc wrote: »
    I was never badly bullied in school, you get slaggings off other groups and all but isnt that part and parcel of school.

Do wish I stood up for the people who got it mercilessly every day alot of the times by people who would be sound as anything to them on their own and turn into a bollix when their pals show up.

I dont know what went on behind the scenes but the teachers dont seem to do near enough to stop all that ****e from going on.

teachers don't do feck all in most schools.
    I remember seeing teachers enter a hallways, spot a fight going on or what have you , and turning around just as quick. Too fecking important to get involved.

__
    On top of that, if you get bullied on your way home. there's "nothing" the school can do about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement