Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky router to D-Link DI-524

Options
  • 17-04-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,

I'd like to change my Sky router to my older yet more stable D-Link DI-524 but I have no idea about how I go about this transition. As anyone with or has a friend with Sky broadband will know, their connection speeds and general reliability is just plain awful hence my question.

I've read the blogs, threads etc but so far people are just saying not to do this, will violate the T & C's, everything but it cannot be done. So is there anyone on here that is good with internet routers in particular? A step by step would be awesome.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have Sky, have since ordered Vodafone Fibre but still. There is a thread on SkyUser on how to do it but it didn't work for me. From talking to a few people who tried there seems to be mixed success with Irish customers which shouldn't be an issue. I'll have a look to see if I can find the link. Basically they can't provide you support once you change the router so it's against their Terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Thanks exactly the link I was looking for. Thanks for posting it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

I have Sky, have since ordered Vodafone Fibre but still. There is a thread on SkyUser on how to do it but it didn't work for me. From talking to a few people who tried there seems to be mixed success with Irish customers which shouldn't be an issue. I'll have a look to see if I can find the link. Basically they can't provide you support once you change the router so it's against their Terms.

When do you hope to have VF fibre

Airuser

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Garveinho

Yeah thats what I found earlier too. The program didn't work for me, on a MacBook, but I did manage to get what I was told was my unique username/password combo but no luck when logging in. This shouldn't be that hard to do, just can't see the line I've to follow atm...

• Advertisement

airuser wrote: »
    When do you hope to have VF fibre

Airuser

I'm not really sure, whenever I get an install date I suppose!

Hopefully within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Garveinho

Turns out I live in one of the first places to be Vodafone Fibre so I've just ordered it there. Goodbye Sky and good riddance to them, never in my lifetime would I ever inflict them on anyone, even my worst enemy. Terrible service, hello Fibre!

Advertisement