Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What piece of kit has outlasted everything else for you?

Options
  • 17-04-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

i just had a look around

looks like mine is my hilti TE5 drill

i've been using the damn thing forever and don't think the brushes have even been changed

it's outlasted everything

the trafo is also about 40 years old(long before the hilti) ..still going strong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Old school Hilti gear was the best for sure, is your corded or cordless Tom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Old school Hilti gear was the best for sure, is your corded or cordless Tom?

corded 110v

Had a cordless one myself batteries eventually gave up, drill never gave trouble.
    I think my hammer and the little giant are the only kit that is outlasting everything else.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

i just had a look around

i've been using the damn thing forever and don't think the brushes have even been changed

the trafo is also about 40 years old(long before the hilti) ..still going strong

I still have one too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

i just had a look around

Ive the battery version of that since 1998. Batteries gone now although it will still drill a hole or 2 but the battery wont maintain voltage for long. Keep meaning to make up a litho battery pack for it.

Have a wire strippers since 1987 somewhere.

• Advertisement

Bruthal wrote: »
    Keep meaning to make up a litho battery pack for it.

Lithium ion is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Lithium ion is it?

Lithium Polymer (li-po). I have a few 6 cell 24v 5ah ones I use in a R/C chopper. One of them would power the drill no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

got a tool kit when i started my apprenticeship (15 yrs ago :o) the only thing i have left from that kit is a thin snips some american brand, but to be honest never gets used much

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

this springs to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1VNNbSYdt0

i have a wolf saw that my dad bought in 1976.........still flying many blades later

My dad has a Makita hammer drill dating back to 1981. Still going strong. He also has a Bosch jigsaw from around the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Knipex pliers and grips.
    The pliers has a hole from cutting a live wire. .. perfect for stripping, you would think it was designed that way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

markad1 wrote: »
    Knipex pliers and grips.
    The pliers has a hole from cutting a live wire. .. perfect for stripping, you would think it was designed that way :D

I did that to a pliers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I did that to a pliers too.

My first ever pliers I did it too as well after the lads decided too teach me a lesson about not trusting someone else that a cables dead. Allways check it yourself was there motto. It was a 1.5 t&e and wrecked the pliers I was only 13/14 and nearly shat myself!

I still have a gauge ring extractor tool buried in a tool box in the van since my phase 2 13 years ago. Needless too say it doesn't get much use these days.

Advertisement