Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is standard error of the mean still on our maths course?

• 17-04-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Its not in my book, but has shown up in two papers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Octotron wrote: »
    Its not in my book, but has shown up in two papers.

Yep,its on the course, if you have active maths it comes in a little insert paper thing that comes with book two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Octotron

Yep,its on the course, if you have active maths it comes in a little insert paper thing that comes with book two. :)

!!! Oh my jaysus... I thought that little booklet was useless! I don't think ANYONE in my class has looked at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I'm pretty sure I lost that booklet too...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BePhenomenal

I never got an extra booklet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Its really not much at all, its just the central limit theorem, which is basically getting the mean of the means of many samples, and the conditions in which you can use it, something about n> 30 or can use if n<30 if underlying population normally distributed! And it changes your standard deviation to sigma over root n (I think) I can check my notes tomorrow and make sure thats right :L bit sleepy now to even know if that's right it could be the biggest load of crap ever :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement