Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Engine GT (full SMD recap, refurbished)

Options
  • 17-04-2014 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Parting with my lovely PC Engine GT console. She was looser than a fluffer's wrist when I got her, so you're getting the console only. No PSU, no box etc, just the console.

The console itself is in great shape. When I first got it from Japan, some weirdo had fitted a microscopic switch on the side of it, taking with it a few mm (literally) of the shell. So I colour-matched it with some Sugru and sanded it down to look back to how it should. The screen is excellent, no stuck pixels, marks etc. Screenshots show Gunhed running so hopefully you get an idea of the quality. Hard to convey I guess unless you see it for yourself in person!

The audio was a little weak when I got it, so I gave it a full overhaul with a full capacitor set for both the video and audio. All have been refitted with brand new surface mount capacitors and the one on the PCB behind the monitor has been replaced with a like-for-like thru hole capacitor. It's got a nice vivid image and nice clean audio. The wiring to the built-in speaker was also rewired with new cables and fresh solder.

Not really much more to say other than it works just great and with a full service it just received, should see you happy for many years to come. :)

Asking €200 shipped within Ireland, by courier, tracked and insured.

NOTE: Game not included.

Here's some snaps:

XCDjucw.jpg

q8FbzQx.jpg

gc9Vwur.jpg

DrxOgTR.jpg

POE9S2y.jpg

gStu03U.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

This is now sold off-site and can be moved to the archive. Thanks all. :)

Advertisement